Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why all the barnies on this board.

I put it down to expectations,last season i dont recall as many barnies but maybe a lot of people were resigned to the fact we were goin down a long way out.This season some thought we would go straight back up,some thought it would take us 2 years and I think this is were the differences lie.Personally I for one believe if we dont do it this year due to the obscene amount of parachute payments we will struggle to be involved next year.If we dont make it next year maybe the expectation levels will decline as we then know we are on a level playin field with 18 or so other clubs and we can have a mass love in.

Comments

• Options
    100% right mate nail on the head

dont know about the love in need more ladies on here before i subscribe to that
  • Options
    I think I need to get my mindset around one game at a time. Not this year, next year, parachute and prem. Season ticket offers etc.

Just Saturday against Sheff Utd. Thats all that matters.
  • Options
    definately expectations. we all thought we'd do better in this league than we are. we were wrong, the squad isn't the same, we were perhaps too hopeful thinking we'd walk this league, and underestimated the bizarreness of this league and the strength of other teams, and the weakness in ours.

we're taking the frustrations out on each other, when there is nothing any of us can do about it, apart from continue to support the team, which we all do in our own ways.

lets try to keep the personal digs to an absolute minimum, and discuss this season in a sensible manor and this forum will soon be back to its best.
  • Options
    Yes mam.
    xx
  • Options
    i really like this place due to the lack of personal digs

Please give it a rest its so childesh
  • Options
    I aint getting any lol
  • Options
    Whoever said it's those that didn't go digging each other out would of been right.

The performance was truly awful against a Blackpool side who I must say for scoring 5 against us were not great. HOWEVER one of the reasons I was less gutted about going down aong with a few others was the thought of proper away days again, and that was definitely a proper away day.
  • Options
    It is Charlton's inability to put three wins together which is leading to blame on Pardew and the squad. Many assumed that places in the top two were up for grabs... and don't like the prospect of the play-offs. And everyone is then arguing with each other about the causes.

Last year we were all in it together (apart from a few told you so moans about Curbs) and we knew we had Darren Bent to sell + 2 years of parachute money - right now we have 14 months left to turn this around!!!

End of the day Pardew got West Ham promoted in the play-off final and that is good enough for me. No-one understands how we can walk all over Palace one week and then lose all these awy games but that's where we are. We have to back the team and Pardew as will the board - with Youga back and a couple of home wins coming we should be able to hold onto to a play off position which was the minimum ask at the start
  • Options
    We'll go up as Champions
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]We'll go up as Champions

Don't be so stoopid, take off your rose tinted goggles you complete loser, we're going down everyone knows that Pardoo out, sack the board, I'm tearing up my season ticket and getting my tattoo removed and going to watch the enthralling football West Ham are playing under sir Alan Curbishley.

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its path of the course when you're married to an 103 year-old.
  • Options
    Some of the sniping does make it less desirable for people to come back and post. I was looking at one of the bumped threads from last January a week or so ago, and there were regular posters on here who I have never heard of....so, apart from some natural drop off which is inevitable, you have to say that possibly some of the sniping and clickyness that occurs when there is a flare up will discourage people to come back. Overall, this is a bloody good site with some excellent people onboard, and long may it continue. And as I said yesterday, if somebodies posts wind you up.....dont read them.

Not expecting any replies to this now ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]I aint getting any lol

Buy a TV Licence and your luck might change!:-)
  • Options
    I think you'll find there's only one on here mate, now Barneys are a differen't matter..
  • Options
    What do you mean we will struggle next year because of the obscene levels of parachute payments. We get them ourselves!
  • Options
    We don't the 30mill in TV money though F&H.
  • Options
    In answer to the title of this thread, I just want to say I'm sorry if I've contributed to any bad feeling. Yes, I posted a very controversial thread after Colchester becasue I was angry and upset, and for the same reason I joined in some of the Blackpool stuff. I've admitted before that my outlook on life tends to be 'expect the worst' as then it's all the more enjoyable if it turns out differently - in 30+ years of supporting Charlton this has usually helped! I also get cheered up by more balanced/ positive responses from the likes of Oggy, NLA, WSS, Len etc.

I've never personally abused anyone on here (unless I was drunk and have forgotten, in which case, I'm very sorry). I enjoy a lot of the banter threads, though I don't very often post on them becasue I either wasn't there, or because I'm not as witty as many on here - truth is, I'm no good at puns about chocolate and cheese, but I'll laugh at them. So on the whole I tend to end up commenting on the match or analysis threads, and maybe then my serious side is to the fore. I'll try and lighten up in future if that helps. I'm only being myself, and I'm definitely not a wind-up merchant.

Love and hugs
    Weegie
    xxx
  • Options
    its like smudger is jermey kyle

some how tryin to get the family back 2 gether

alls good in the hood weegie wouldnt worry nor apologise for nowt if i were you

one big lurve in 2day folks

i like it
  • Options
    i also give very good cuddles :-)

*back of the queue NLA....
  • Options
    urggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Because we have a load of idiots posting on here that weren't doing so last year.

For my opinion of who they are, go to the 'It's Charlton FFS' thread and count anyone whose made more than three posts.

I'm logging out again. I'm bitterly disappointed with this website now.
  • Options
    sorry jim
  • Options
    Is smudge is the Jeremy Kyle does that mean we are all the hoodies, social delinquents and general lowlife that makes things interesting?

Thought so
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Is smudge is the Jeremy Kyle does that mean we are all the hoodies, social delinquents and general lowlife that makes things interesting?

Thought so
    I'm trying.

Well, you've got to have ambition, eh.

DNA or lie detector test anyone? :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Because we have a load of idiots posting on here that weren't doing so last year.

For my opinion of who they are, go to the 'It's Charlton FFS' thread and count anyone whose made more than three posts.

I'm logging out again. I'm bitterly disappointed with this website now.

Jimmy, I posted six times on that thread, five of them in response to Charlie Block aka Roy Arnold calling our board "cretins". I objected to the use of the word and also it's context.

My other post was to Reams suggesting that he might have missed the point of this forum who's motto is "Live Love Laugh and Be Happy".
  • Options
    Who's first for the DNA test then?

Gumbo's wife has left him and is pregnant by someone else. I say Medders is responsible
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I think after the red mist has settled we all realise that we said things that we regret, not just on here but in all walks of life I know I do anyway but Im Charlton through and through and if I didn't care I wouldn't lose it, hands up though,it still doesn't make it right and there is a time and a place for it and it isn't here where you lose the respect and togetherness of fellow Charlton fans which is the last thing I want for myself.

Disappointed about the personal stuff but in saying that I think I may have forced it out of one or two.

Want to move on now and play my part in worthwhile discussion and giving my team my all starting with the under 18's tomorrow, come on guys you can do it.
  • Options
    Isn't it nice now we've all made up?!
    :O)
  • Options
    mate you offended no one ,be sorry for nothing,you was not personal to anybody unlike some.we shall return to the premiership when who can tell.
  • Options
    Spacebar, nolly, spacebar. ;o)