Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Let's be having some justification for this then

We’ve had some right drivel on this site recently. Well, this is meant to be a discussion board and when you discuss something, you have to back up your arguments.

There’s nothing wrong with being negative or positive (we all have different opinions – that’s why we’re here) but please give reasons for your arguments.

May I suggest that you read what you’ve written before you click on ‘Add your comments’so that we never have to put up with such braindead nonsense again.

Gooner hater :
‘This year playing in the fizzy pop bollox league with both Pards and Parky at the helm i thought (wrongly) that these two would understand what is needed to get us out of this shit.They dont have a clue’

KentRed:
‘Charlton are clumpers, lumpers and long throwers too! having the oversize sunderland failure hurling the ball in the box from all angles is not charlton and is my view an absolute disgrace and shows how limited Pardew really is’

ReamsofVerse (‘verse’ – has the meaning of the word changed?)
‘One of the worse managers we have had IMHO and the board seem happy to accept it.’

And finally……
Charlie Block (surely the biggest Block of them all)

‘When we appear to have absolute cretins on the board?’

‘If murray and his muppets have only charlton at heart then during the past 20 months or so they have had a strange way of showing it’...

‘In fact if things continue I fear the club being relegated to league 1 at the end of the next season’.

‘Respect has to be earned - and IMO the board have done nowt in the past 20 months or so to deserve respect’.

‘As for usage of the word "cretin":

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
cre•tin (n)
1. A person afflicted with cretinism.
2. Slang An idiot’.

Well, you said it.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2008
    JM, can i ask what was the point of this ?

what do think posting that up will achieve, other than further antagonism ?

The was a little spell when a few people were jumping on others backs etc. I, and others, have spent a great deal of time behind the scenes this week speaking to people so we can try and realign the forum and forum behaviour to closer how we would like it to be.

I tell you what it will achieve, absolutely nothing positive. Thanks
  • Options
    and the was me felling a bit bad for my input jimmy last week now i know it wernt me that pissed you off

i am hoping that those that did write a hell of a lot of bollox last week and pissed alot of people off by not backing up their arguments do come on here and accept that it although sometimes it will go wrong on the whole we are goin in the right direction
  • Options
    breaking news - a positive post from reams on coverendchoir.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]and the was me felling a bit bad for my input jimmy last week now i know it wernt me that pissed you off

i am hoping that those that did write a hell of a lot of bollox last week and pissed alot of people off by not backing up their arguments do come on here and accept that it although sometimes it will go wrong on the whole we are goin in the right direction

Hopefully after today's result we continue to go in the right direction.
  • Options
    nice one charlie, fair play to you for posting after a win, alot on here thought you would shy away, fair play dude
  • Options
    still has taken back the shocking abuse he threw about.

The overreaction by some last week shouldn't be casually swept under the carpet though.

Everyone needs to hold there nerves and show some balls in the run in, players and most importantly us the supporters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]nice one charlie, fair play to you for posting after a win, alot on here thought you would shy away, fair play dude

I am not one for shying away - If could bring my laptop I would probably post more positive things after a home win.
  • Options
    we will mate maybe not today and mabey not tomorrow but soon and for the rest of our lives i can feel it we are gonna be back where we do belong not over achieving but surprising us all evertyy so often keep the faith must feel good to be based upo there and put one over on your locals i udsed yto love it when we beat the spuds
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]

I am not one for shying away - .

Then apologise unconditionally for the personal and totally unjustified insults that you made.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Okay I apologise but at the time I was very p**sed off with poor form and didn't have that much confidence in things changing for the better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    good man charlie

like it says live love larf and be happy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]JM, can i ask what was the point of this ?

what do think posting that up will achieve, other than further antagonism ?

The was a little spell when a few people were jumping on others backs etc. I, and others, have spent a great deal of time behind the scenes this week speaking to people so we can try and realign the forum and forum behaviour to closer how we would like it to be.

I tell you what it will achieve, absolutely nothing positive. Thanks

Well, firstly, how am I to know what's been going on 'behind the scenes.' I'm not to know if things have already been 're-aligned.'
    The point of this thread is to try to 'realign' the forum - to point out to people how ridiculous some of their posts have been and make them think about it. The best way to do that is to start such a thread after a win. I don't think that's a negative thing to do.
    I'm trying to help AFKA, even if you don't see it that way. I think you've done a great job with this board and I love it. I don't want it to go downhill but that's how it has seemed to be going.

Perhaps you should make some clear rules on here about 'forum behaviour' and perhaps you should monitor more effectively who you give membership to.

Perhaps also you should whisper your antagonistic remarks to me.
  • Options
    Charlie Block. Well done for apologising. I think maybe like some of us that you take a deep breath and count to ten before posting. It is a great result today but if it all goes tits on Tuesday try to give yourself a bit of time before posting. Sometimes you can say things in the heat of the moment and regret them later. So once again well done for apologising.

Also I'm assuming you were at the game today and I for one would be interested in your summing up of the game and the players.
  • Options
    In actual fact AFKA, hasn't this so far been a positive thread?

Thanks to 'Charlie Block' and 'North London Addick'

Let's all just think before we click ' Add your comments'. We all sometimes say things we don't mean but unlike in real life, we have the extra help on here of having to click a button before we actually 'say' it.
  • Options
    Fair enough. Lets all move on now.

Positively :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]It is a great result today but if it all goes tits on Tuesday try to give yourself a bit of time before posting.

I generally don't have many opportunities to get online soon after a home game - even fewer after an evening kickoff when I dash from The Valley to Victoria Coach Station. After Tuesday's game I am most likely to get home around 5.30 am then will try and catch up on sleep.
    Also I'm assuming you were at the game today and I for one would be interested in your summing up of the game and the players.

Was indeed at the game. thought the team played a lot better than I had seen recently - not sure if I can find many faults with any of the players.
  • Options
    hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyy a lurve in again i just couldnt sleep thinking there was a fall out after a win back 2 me sofa all happy :-)
  • Options
    Yes great result today,but can we not frighten people away from speakin their minds whether positive or negative surely thats the point of a forum.Abuse certainly isn't,but we shouldn't be afraid to criticise if we feel is is needed,because no matter how good this result is today,last week was utterly shockin.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Yes great result today,but can we not frighten people away from speakin their minds whether positive or negative surely thats the point of a forum.Abuse certainly isn't,but we shouldn't be afraid to criticise if we feel is is needed,because no matter how good this result is today,last week was utterly shockin.

Steve, my point of view is that people should be able to post their views (unless it involves sea creatures beds and blackpool ;-)), whatever they are, aslong as they are consistant. You can be down on the team more than I would be when we lose, thats fine, it's just who you are, you match that by being as positive and happy as anyone when we win, you don't enjoy the moaning but it just happens, at the end of the day you want Charlton to win.

What really gets my goat are the people that don't even have a 'well done lads' comment to make after we win. I can imagine them sitting at home completely pissed off that we've lost thus stopping them having their little rants.

Anyway, enough with this, 3 points for Charlton

COME ON YOU ADDICKS!
  • Options
    Time for a group hug I think...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair play Charlie for the positive comments and the apology. I have to admit to a negative post myself last week which is unlike me. We all love this club and perspective is something that can be lost on occasions. I hope we've got it back today.

We've got 11 more cup finals to go starting with Tuesday. We need to be loud and positive behind the lads. COME ON YOU REDS!!!
  • Options
    [ KentRed:
    [i]‘Charlton are clumpers, lumpers and long throwers too! having the oversize sunderland failure hurling the ball in the box from all angles is not charlton and is my view an absolute disgrace and shows how limited Pardew really is’[/i]

very good Jimmy. didnt see the game this week but stick by it. throw ins into the box from the hal way line even if they do produce goals are an insult to the history of Charlton Athletic
  • Options
    Anyway as today proved once again on-line singin really does help the players now altogether.

OH ITS A GRAND OLD TEAM TO PLAY FOR,OH IT'S A GRAND OLD TEAM TO SEE
    FOR IF YOU KNOW YOUR HISTORY IT'S ENOUGH TO MAKE YOUR HEART GO WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    WE DONT CARE WHAT THE MILLWALL SAY WHAT THE HELL DO WE CARE
    COZ IF YOU KNOW THERE'S GOIN TO BE A SHOW CHARLTON F.C. WILL BE THERE.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite][ KentRed:
    ‘Charlton are clumpers, lumpers and long throwers too! having the oversize sunderland failure hurling the ball in the box from all angles is not charlton and is my view an absolute disgrace and shows how limited Pardew really is’

very good Jimmy. didnt see the game this week but stick by it. throw ins into the box from the hal way line even if they do produce goals are an insult to the history of Charlton Athletic
    I remember Mark Penfold slinging one in the the box for us to score 30 years ago, so I`m not so sure about an insult to our history, but your intitled to your opinion.
  • Options
    So two in 35 years lol

yes everyone is entitled to their opinion. Obviously there must be some charlton fans who admire boothroyd and pulis. i just think it is a sad indictment of Pardew that that is what Charlton have succumbed to!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]So two in 35 years lol

yes everyone is entitled to their opinion. Obviously there must be some charlton fans who admire boothroyd and pulis. i just think it is a sad indictment of Pardew that that is what Charlton have succumbed to!

We still play some of the best football in the league on our day, it's ok to ignore that though.
  • Options
    yes quite true some football does break out now and then and that must not be ignored
  • Options
    If a bloke can throw the ball in like Halford then what is wrong with using that as an attacking weapon? Defenders hate it and it puts them under a lot of pressure when they have the ball in their own half because they know conceeding a throw-in will mean the ball is going to be pinging around the six-yard box!!!

I can't see how a team with the midfield we have got, Ambrose, Thomas, Holland and ZZ can be accused of being long ball merchants!!!
  • Options
    lets not lose the love please!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite][ KentRed:

I really dont get this. Its an addition to our armoury. Its not the only thing we do. And I really dont see how its an insult. In fact at Scunthorpe our corners were so bad I wished we had Halford playing that day to give an alternative. I also havent seen another Championship team play with any more variety in attacking options than us.