Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

That great night at the town hall

Comments

• Options
    I was there and at the first BTTV meeting too.
  • Options
    I wasn't at the earlier meetings (I was at University) - but I didn't steal anyone's seat - I didn't get in, but had to content myself with standing outside and hoping to hear how things were going...
  • Options
    i was there for both
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]i was there for both
    so were we all mate, so were we all. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Out of interest, how many of you were at the 1st ever BTTV meeting at Greenwich Town Hall?

I was there. I also went to the BTTV meeting at the Valley Club when the guest was Mark Aizlewood. We nearly took the roof off with a rendition of 'Aizlewood, Aizlewood, Aizlewood...'

Ah, the good old days...
  • Options
    "I was there. I also went to the BTTV meeting at the Valley Club when the guest was Mark Aizlewood. We nearly took the roof off with a rendition of 'Aizlewood, Aizlewood, Aizlewood...'

Ah, the good old days..."

Was that a BTTV meeting? I thought it was a q&a session with Ufton, Lawrence & Aizlewood.

That was the night I got one of the swords from the top of the fence.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]"I was there. I also went to the BTTV meeting at the Valley Club when the guest was Mark Aizlewood. We nearly took the roof off with a rendition of 'Aizlewood, Aizlewood, Aizlewood...'

Was that a BTTV meeting? I thought it was a q&a session with Ufton, Lawrence & Aizlewood.

Probably more of a 'we should have stayed at the Valley' meeting. All I can remember is that it was very packed, very loud and most people were very drunk.
  • Options
    I was at that one too....it was very loud...
  • Options
    I was there - me and my friends were sat up in the balcony and spent the whole meeting tearing up paper for confetti.

I was at the first meeting as well when they said no and there was a mass walk-out from the Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Landmark meetings:

The Valley Club in October 1986 - Mercury petition
    Woolwich Town Hall in March 1989 - club announcement
    Greenwich Borough Hall in autumn 1989 - fans' public meeting
    Woolwich Town Hall in January 1990 - planning refusal
    Woolwich Town Hall in May 1990 - local elections count and declarations
    Woolwich Town Hall in April 1991 - planning approval
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was in the second hall in the balcony section, wonderful evening
  • Options
    I was too young for it all but appreciate it.
  • Options
    Yeah, was also too young, still love reading about everyone else's memories of it though!
  • Options
    I was at the Greenwich meeting where a 17 year old Ben Tegg was declared too young to stand for election. He then took my details for canvassing but never got back to me. Maybe cos I was living in Essex. I also went to the Woolwich Town Hall meeting where the planning approval was given. Don't remember any problems getting in. Sat up on the balcony next to someone with a flag. I've got the video here somewhere. I remember driving home, trying not to feel too euphoric, then heard on the radio that there were some outstanding problems with the bowling hall opening hours. What happened to the bowling hall?
  • Options
    yep , I was there with me mug on the tv shots when it was announced . Nice curtain hairdo as well
  • Options
    I was at the planning approval meeting. Managed to get in and sit at the back
  • Options
    Landmark meetings:

The Valley Club in October 1986 - Mercury petition
    Woolwich Town Hall in March 1989 - club announcement
    Greenwich Borough Hall in autumn 1989 - fans' public meeting
    Woolwich Town Hall in January 1990 - planning refusal
    Woolwich Town Hall in May 1990 - local elections count and declarations
    Woolwich Town Hall in April 1991 - planning approval
    Was at all of them and in the main hall for the planning approval. 
  • Options
    More photos from the 23 March 1989 meeting

All from the Tom Morris Archive now held in the museum.

If Carlsberg did stadium announcements....

Mike Norris, Dave Picton and Roger Alwen
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can spot myself, my brothers, Steve Reader and @Alex Wright up in the balcony

Must be other lifers in there.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Yep, can see myself with @Bilko and @Big Williamon the right hand side, me with my hands in the air and bilko in a hooped jumper.
  • Options
    Middle of the front row in the left balcony ... Edvard Munch's 'The Scream' makes a rare public appearance.
  • Options
    In my slimmer days … 😔

• Options

I’m standing arms folded leaning against the wall on the balcony to the right of the pillar.
    Think Tony Fewell is stood next to me which would make sense as I’m sure I got in as a “steward”. It’d also explain the hi-vis I have on.
  • Options

I remember that night very well. If you look on the right side of the photo, I am in the little fella in the 5th row. From the left. I don't know who the first 2 are. Then there is Ron, Marc Robert, little me Paul Rudnik, I think Les son, Les Turner (whom I met through work when I worked at the DHSS). 
  • Options
    Yep, can see myself with @Bilko and @Big Williamon the right hand side, me with my hands in the air and bilko in a hooped jumper.
    Bloody hell!! I had Black hair then.
  • Options
    "I was there. I also went to the BTTV meeting at the Valley Club when the guest was Mark Aizlewood. We nearly took the roof off with a rendition of 'Aizlewood, Aizlewood, Aizlewood...'

I remember everyone singing Aizlwwood name when he came in, but as soon as he said we should get behind the move to Shithouse Park, everyone told him to Foxtrot Oscar.
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Bloody hell!! I had Black hair then.
    And I had hair full stop
  • Options
    Was there and have spotted myself.😎