Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

10 best games?

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
1) Aston Villa 4 v3 . Mendoncas last goal for us. Browny in goal. 10 men.Must win or down. The support 4,000 ?. Mills blaster last min.

2) Man Utd. 3 v 3. Bartlets best ever game for us. a great Moan Utd team.George Best saying we should have been 4 up in first 20 nins. Best we have played in first 20 mins. Giggs shot from half way line that hit the bar. Robos goal and celebration.

3) Chelsea 4 v 2. Good Chelsea team. parker ran the show. Great move and goal from Holland. Live all over the World on Boxing day.Maybe our best ever side.

4) Chelsea 1 v 1. Millers looping goal. Leaburn going mental. The support. The Support.

5) Arsenal 1 v 0. Good allround performance and JJ scoring a great header.

6) Arsenal 4 v 2. Still makes me smile. Santa`s goal.

7) Carlise 3 v 2. Aislewood huge game. The own goal. The support all over the weekend. Blackpool on way home.

8) Man Ut 1 v 0. Lost 4 nil v Notts Forest few days before. Atkinsons last game in charge for Moan U.

9) Spurs 1 v 0. deanos best ever game. One save from ferdinhand best ever, almost up there with Gordon banks against Pele.

10)QPR 3 v 2. FA Cup. 2 nil up Rodney marsh took us apart , scored two made the third was differant class. Always think thats why he hated us re the stick he got.

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps others can chuck games into the mix, then when we've a decent bank of them, we'll try and get an agreed top 5.

Wembley game

Play-off semis v Ipswich

Wolves 0 Charlton 4 when we have Paulo and Scotty pulling the strings
  • Options
    leeds 1 charlton 2 play off final replay st.andrews
  • Options
    http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1232
  • Options
    newcastle 3-4 charlton 3-0 down
  • Options
    Chelsea 4 v 0 Flanagan hatrick
  • Options
    Millwall in the snow.
  • Options
    Blackburn 3 v 2. freedle scores 2 v 2. santa smashes winner. Di Cano runs on pitch(had been subbed) runs round centre cirle runs off pitch jumps on coppers back.
  • Options
    Charlton 4-0 (or 1) Tottenham 1977
  • Options
    Charlton 4 Sunderland 4 Play-off final

Charlton 1 Ipswich 0 Play-off semi final

Charlton 4 West Ham 2 98-99

Charlton 6 Southampton 2 76-77

Charlton 2 Ipswich 3 FA Cup 82-83

Charlton 2 Liverpool 0 2005-2006

Charlton 2 Tottenham 0 2004-2005

Charlton 4 West Ham 0 2006-2007

Charlton 4 Brighton 3 1977-78

Charlton 4 Ipswich 0 1963-64

If I was asked the same question another day probably half of those games would change!
  • Options
    Coventry 2 Charlton 3 FA Cup at Highfield Road ... Balloons and Wind. Cant remember the year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    December the 5th 1992
    Spurs 1 Cafc 1 FA Cup at white hart lane (could have won it but lost the replay)
    Man U 0 CAFC 0 New Years Day, not the greatest game but Bob Bolders finest hour
    CAFC2 Derby 0 1968, Derby were favourites to go up and were leading the division. Great result in front of the big match cameras. CAFC finished third this year behind Derby and a small team who don't care about Charlton.
    Forest 4 CAFC 0 after being a supporter for more than 20 years at last an away game in the top flight. Shame about the reult!

less obvious and probably more personal than 'greatest games'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]If I was asked the same question another day probably half of those games would change!
    Yes indeed!
  • Options
    For entertainment, but without a win, Charlton 4 West Ham 4 - JJ's overhead to equalise in the last minute. DiCanio had a brilliant night - sadly he wasn't playing for us at the time.
  • Options
    Alex that 4 v0 re Forrest is the one the same week we went to man u and won.
    Ray Treacy scored both goals in the 2 vo against Derby who had agreat side and i think one of his goals that day won Goal of The Year.

How abour:
    Swansea 6 v 0 and then a week later
    Notts County 6 v 1 ( Flannagan 4)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Alex that 4 v0 re Forrest is the one the same week we went to man u and won.
    Amos! Superb day out, dreams of glory........... :-)
  • Options
    So no-one was at the 7-6 match then?
  • Options
    Charlton 4 Man City 0. First game back in the prem, main game on MOTD, whinging Joe Royal was their manger and we played thme off the park.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]So no-one was at the 7-6 match then?

which one? : -)
  • Options
    recently........the 1-0 away win at St Mary's was pretty good. Expecting to lose after going down to 10 men after 30 mins.....and happy with a point until Varney's excellent cross was met by Big Chris.

The rest is history. The players were pretty pleased too !!

Classics probbaly include all the ones previously mentioned. Esp the cup game at Coventry in 2000 and some recent games at Anfield. Can someone please show LLoyd Sam a tape of last yeras game there and tell him to do the same every week - he was awesome.
  • Options
    Who remembers Charlton 5-3 Barnsley, from the 80's we were 3-0 at half time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]Who remembers Charlton 5-3 Barnsley, from the 80's we were 3-0 at half time

one of my old mates who I was at school with was a dingles supporter. gave him some right stick.
  • Options
    always remember that one. Futcher (Ron?) scored a first half hat-trick and then got sent off .

Remember switching ends at half time. Used to stand on the small terracing by the emergency gate between the south stand and the main stand if kicking towards the south and then the corner between the covered end and the main stand underneath the pylon if attacking the covered end.

"sigh"..... those were the days.
  • Options
    charlton 5 chelsea 2 allan simonsen...
  • Options
    4 3 at brum, 1 nil down inside a minute, 4 1 up within the hour (bowyers "offside and we know we were" goal) and then sheer panic at the end as brum nearly grabbed an equalisor

4-2 v QPR, robbo ran the show, the screamer from gary and half the home support seeming to vanish 15 mins into the second half as we went 4-1 up
  • Options
    ippo 1, charlton 5, leaburn hatrick, and my old man's mate even called it at half time (1-1) on the basis chappel had gone off injured and come back on bandaged up and scored the first goal, just as he had in the 5-1 home victory over notts county (or was it peterboro, sure it was notts county) earlier that season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]
    9) Spurs 1 v 0. deanos best ever game. One save from ferdinhand best ever,

Was that the one in front of the Jimmy Seed stand when LF thumped the ground in frustration-

if so, you're right- nothing was getting past him that day. Incredible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy_andy[/cite]ippo 1, charlton 5, leaburn hatrick, and my old man's mate even called it at half time (1-1) on the basis chappel had gone off injured and come back on bandaged up and scored the first goal, just as he had in the 5-1 home victory over notts county (or was it peterboro, sure it was notts county) earlier that season
    I was at that game - loved it! Leaburn penalty as well wasnt it to seal his hat-trick
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]
    2) Man Utd. 3 v 3. Bartlets best ever game for us. a great Moan Utd team.George Best saying we should have been 4 up in first 20 nins. Best we have played in first 20 mins. Giggs shot from half way line that hit the bar. Robos goal and celebration.

3) Chelsea 4 v 2. Good Chelsea team. parker ran the show. Great move and goal from Holland. Live all over the World on Boxing day.Maybe our best ever side.

I think that was Barlett's first ever game as well wasn't it?

I know Parker ran the show against Chelsea, but I also remember Di Canio running amok and creating most of the goals if memory serves. He was a class apart in that game, they couldn't get near him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: randy_andy[/cite]ippo 1, charlton 5, leaburn hatrick, and my old man's mate even called it at half time (1-1) on the basis chappel had gone off injured and come back on bandaged up and scored the first goal, just as he had in the 5-1 home victory over notts county (or was it peterboro, sure it was notts county) earlier that season
    I was at that game - loved it! Leaburn penalty as well wasnt it to seal his hat-trick

Was that the game where it was intially reported that Steve Gritt had taken the penalty?

Bit of a difference between a white bloke of about 5ft 9 inches and a black bloke of 6ft 3 inches!!
  • Options
    Wembley play off final v Sunderland.... Man utd at home, Bartletts 1st and best game for us......Beating Chelsea 4 2 on boxing day...Beating Arsenal 4 2 at Highbury....Play off semi final 2nd leg home to Ipswich...Beating Sheffield Wed in the cup when they were prem and we were 1st div..... and many more.