Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

10 best games?

2»

Comments

• Options
    After tonight, Charlton 1 v 3 Bristol City!! ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]leeds 1 charlton 2 play off final replay st.andrews[/quote]

Absolutely. We can not have the top ten without this game. Not only was the match dramatic and the atmosphere electric but the result probably stopped us going out of business.

And I'd add the 1947 FA Cup Final. Wasn't even born and it might have been a crap game but it's the only time we've won a major trophy.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    for me

man utd home 3 all

arsenal away 4 -2

chelsae home 4-2 i think
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]So no-one was at the 7-6 match then?

That goes without saying - we were ALL at that one, didn't you know?
  • Options
    charlton 3 chelsea 0 williams and mortimer at selhurst was a great game

spurs 0 charlton 1 david campbell
  • Options
    Nillwal 2 CAFC 1 --- Cyril davies gets ball on half way line and beats the whole of Bermondsey be4 sticking in the net to put us one up. Went mental, even my Old Man had to tell me of calm down. Lost in a ripe roaring game but a great goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Coventry 2 Charlton 3 FA Cup at Highfield Road ... Balloons and Wind. Cant remember the year.

Great day out, the build up to it in the pub beforehand, completely taken apart in the first 20 minutes, then scored 2 in 2 minutes right on half time, sang all through the break, then nicked a late winner!
  • Options
    Palace away 1-0. Kitson late on. Took about 7k over there.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]charlton 3 chelsea 0 williams and mortimer at selhurst was a great game

spurs 0 charlton 1 david campbell[/quote]

I Remember that Chelsae game - midweek, Chelsea were top and the result put us 3rd I think which was probably the highest position we had in that spell in top flight. Williams lobbing Beasant and still remember hearing Jonathan Pearces commentary on Capital Golds round up in the car on the way home - and its mortimerrrrrrrrr, hit with SUCH venom the ball has come back out of the net.
  • Options
    Charlton 3-2 Everton, Melrose hattrick, then went to mates 16 th birthday party round his house and got off with his 20 year old sister (4 years older is a massive thing when you are 16 !!!!)

4-0 or 5-0 at home to Man City, mothers day at Selhurst. Think this was the game when Melrose went down 'injured' in front of the Arthur Waite to the disgust of the opposition, and then winked at the crowd whilst waiting for the trainer.

Notts County 2-2 Charlton - early 90's midweek, think it was Halloween. About 40 charlton there, I was visiting mate at Nottingham University. Goalless at Half time, they scored halfway through 2nd half and we equalised 30 seconds later. Then they took lead in stoppage time and we equalised 30 seconds later once more. Possibly the coldest game I have been to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]charlton 3 chelsea 0 williams and mortimer at selhurst was a great game

spurs 0 charlton 1 david campbell
    Us beating Chelsea, put who top of the table?
    Answers on a postcard
  • Options
    Millwall ?
  • Options
    Notts County 5-1 at home. Think it was Leaburn who in his desire to score bundled the ref into the back of the net.
  • Options
    The 4-2 win over Forest at home in the Play-off winning season. Forest were the big guns in the league that year & we destroyed them, including a fantastic Morts goal. I think this was the game where Darckus Howe spotted the National Front "NF" flag behind the Forest goal.

Football League Championship - KO 19:45
    Charlton 4 (1) - 2(1) Nottm Forest
    Bright 14 Campbell 16, 90
    Mortimer 60
    Mendonca 89(p)
    Kinsella 90

At The Valley on 28-03-1998

Charlton: Ilic ,Mills ,Bowen ,Jones ,Rufus ,Youds ,Newton (Mortimer ,43 ) ,Kinsella ,Robinson (Emblen ,76 ) ,Mendonca ,Bright
    Subs not used: Balmer,

Nottm Forest: Beasant ,Bonalair ,Rogers ,Cooper ,Chettle ,Thomas ,Stone ,Gemmill (Woan ,69 ) ,Van Hooijdonk ,Campbell ,Bart-Williams
    Subs not used Hjelde,Armstrong,

Bookings: Youds (Charlton) Bart-Williams ,Cooper (Nottm Forest)
  • Options
    Play-Off Final. Never been so shocked that we'd done something BIG.

Morts in the Snow at the Toolbox

Gritts 96 min equaliser at Port Vale

Flanagans late equaliser at Hull the year we went up whilst in exile

Mark Stuart winner at Old Trafford

Paul Curtis scoring at Fulham ending our 18 month away win drought

Beating Forest at home the year we went up 4-2

West Ham at home last year shoving down Curbs throat. oh.

Beating Barnsley 5-3. Wasn't there but remember listening to it, whilst Peter Burrowes was having a nervous breakdown on LBC.

Everytime we beat Palace.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Millwall ?

Correct
  • Options
    FA cup replay at Ewood Park. Blackburn 0 - 1 Charlton.
    Year Blackburn won league1 / premiership or whatever the top one was called.

His name is Simon Webster, he's the leader of our team...