Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

cafc cafc

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I'd be happy to do something to make it our own.

Bounce bounce addicks addicks
  • Options
    Sorry fellas , but as much as i love this club,i ve always thought our songs were poor compared with a lot of other teams. some of them are only two words long. Im sure that a lot of the people on here could come up with something sensible that we d all be glad to sing. Come on lads, who can start one off.
  • Options
    For Christ's sake, it's a game of football. Not the Eurovision Song Contest. Just make some noise!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]we must find a few then .[/quote]

There are plenty but no fucker joins in
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]we must find a few then .

There are plenty but no fucker joins in

Too right, a real serious problem being that a fair chunk of H & J block are there purely to listen to the hoise as opposed to join in. I don't know what to do to remedy this to be honest.

Last time I had a season ticket with my dad we were in the land of the dead (West Stand) and although we used to shout along and know the words it was shocking the reaction from the rest of the zombies, i.e looking at us in disgust! I don't think any of the ones were offensive!! And what is offensive in a football stadium? Pride of all London isn't, Alan Pardews party may raise an eyebrow or ten, Valley Floyd Road most definitley (spelling LoOkOut, sort it! ;-) doesn't. Neither does it's a grand old team. But the problem is people and when I say people I mean the average East/West stand Charlton fan have real inhibitions about doing anything other than clapping.

Even 'come on you reds' is sung only twice and then at about 180bpm why not just keep it going. Surely better than SEEAYYYEFFFFSEEE? Or der der derring?

As plasticy as it may be what would be the harm in putting words and (to the theme of etc) put in the programme which your East/West stander would read?

I'm getting a bit sick of losing my voice every game and being told 'the North Upper didn't sound very loud'.

Anyone else??
  • Options
    when they made the north stand they actually told people where the singing areas were,surely its all singing,any fucker who stands and exchanges goading with the away end in the east corner gets thrown out,its so sanitised at the valley.
  • Options
    yep,the club should encourage people to sing in all areas mate,not tell us that the singing sections are in the north,i spoke to a city fan i know weds and he stated that he heard us not once,hes not a wind up bloke either,its getting desperate it seems,it was never like that before we had the north redone was it?
  • Options
    Nobody ever hears us at home, half because of our fans and half because of the way The Valley is set out now, unfortunatly the only way around it is to reclaim the Jimmy but as covered before it isnt going to happen.
  • Options
    it could happen
  • Options
    I'm not sure the layout of the ground is as much of a problem as we are making out. Fair one, the Jimmy Seed has better acoustics but...... we have 3 sides of that ground!!

I have been to plenty of aways where I have heard the home support loudly coming from more places than the traditional behind the goal area.

I like a beer or two at football and alcohol loosens everyones inhibitions but I would still and have still made a racket when stone cold sober! If only we could get the numbers we attract to make just a slight noise!!!!!!!

Old trafford would sound loud with 70,000 people whispering, The Valley with 20,000 people raising their voices without apprehension of upsetting people would sound a lot, lot better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so eventually we've realised our support(singing getting behind the team) is s**t....
    i don't know how we go about changing it but acceptance that it's not good is the first step so things can only get better;-)