Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton - Preston: Suicide thread

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
This is the official thread for those wanting to slit their wrists
or stick pins in an effigy of Pardew :o)

Comments

• Options
    I can just about manage to pass. Despite receiving a bill for 500 euros damage to a hire car today. The Preston result is nothing in comparison.
  • Options
    one of the most shocking home performances in 28 years of watching Charlton...I left with 15 mins to go and saw Thomas leaving the car park at the same time.

I am lost for words after that.......I'm beginning to see what my Reading fan mate meant about Halford !!!!!!!, a truely shocking player. Youga is believing in his own hype by the looks of it.

Was Varney injured, cause from my point of view only him and Holland can come out of that with any credit at all.
  • Options
    The incredible thing is ......we're still 5th and just 7 points off automatic promotion - lol
  • Options
    Very depressing.

Am fortunate to be able to get home within less than 10 minutes - I have every sympathy for anyone who spent a lot of time and money to get there today, and now face a long journey home.

Really don't know what in particular went wrong, but suffice to say we got exactly what we deserved.
  • Options
    Ive just got back because some tit who shall remain nameless spilt a vodka and coke down me about 30 mins ago so heading back out right now after a quick pit stop but sweet jesus we were awful. I hate being pesimistic but we deserved nothing. This football club needs a seriously shake up in the summer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]The incredible thing is ......we're still 5th and just 7 points off automatic promotion - lol

we'll do well to make the pay-offs
  • Options
    Good news: at least Plymouth Argyle lost at home - so I won't get the piss ripped out of me by my Greenie mates at work on Monday.
  • Options
    My mate tells me that on sky they said "charlton are playing absolutely ridiculous".

Couldn't have put it better myself. Pardew is most seriously testing my patience.
  • Options
    can't believe what I was seeing at times. I've tried to be positive about our situation but even I can't summon up the belief that we're going to make the top two. On Tuesday we could be out of the play offs.

On top of that I had McCarthy for the last goal at 22-1!!!!!!!
  • Options
    The way things are going, i bet my curry tonight gives me food poisoning....

Anyone run over a black cat lately and want to take responsibility for this mess :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Utter fuckin' garbage. We have now won 4 out of our last 16 games and have not won two games on the spin since early November. We are shyte much more than we are good. How we are in still in for shout just sums up how competitive this league is ( I will not say poor as that sounds patronising to the league).

We have gone so wrong so quickly it is frightening. Why Lita should be the answer God (no not you Pards!) only knows, he was dropped by Reading this year because he did not score in 15 games which is the same record as the last striker we got (Gray).
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    absolute joke to even mutter performance and that 'show' in the same sentance.

after last 2 performances AT HOME we don't deserve to b in the playoffs, and PNE put it correc`tly theyre only 10 points us now!!!

We're gonna end up finishin below both palace and hull

As we've all been sayin, ever since parker left, we have no1 strong enough to play in the middle, we keep signing wingers who cant soddin cross or hold a challenge. Oyur defence is a pure joke, what sodje was doin still on the field bemuses me, he played them onside all effing game then gets caught offside up the other end?? WTF??? Youga, ok going 4ward, disasterous defending, Halford, thank christ we didn't shell out the 2/3 mill we were gonna pay for him.

sinclair - althou players seem to b scarred of he's pace, he doesn't use it and just lookin at him knocks him off the ball.

I want to no y thatcher wasn't playin?? y thomas wasn't playin y when we desperatly need some1 to boss the centre semedo and holland rn't playin there?? our midfield needs to be (left to right) ambrose-holland-semedo-zheng

also 1 last thing gray - has he had a shot on target since we signed him?? has he ever 1 any of the hopeless balls we hoof up to him?? has he actually burst in2 a sprint yet?? isn't he meant to b 1 of the best stikers in this division?? or have we signed his brother and paid for hes early retirement??

embarrising is all i can some things up with,

BRING BACK UNCLE LES
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Very depressing.

Am fortunate to be able to get home within less than 10 minutes - I have every sympathy for anyone who spent a lot of time and money to get there today, and now face a long journey home.

Really don't know what in particular went wrong, but suffice to say we got exactly what we deserved.

Don't know either - one or more of the board, management and players seem to be killing the club. If anything by this afternoon's game is anything to go by we deserve to be in the bottom three.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]The incredible thing is ......we're still 5th and just 7 points off automatic promotion - lol

With the teams below us having games in hand I don't expect us to be 5th for much longer.
  • Options
    keep the faith
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]keep the faith
    I'm trying

But then again, reality is beginning to get a grip!
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    where shit but sos every other fucker,this is game on,i dont like pardew much but even he can lead us up,this must be the easiest championship to get of,and where still in it.
  • Options
    Right i took 40 new people today and i would like to thank everyone apart from zz and weaver for embarassing me no end.WE AINT GOIN UP,but i will continue to go but Pardew has lost my respect.He believes he is a lot better manager than he is,how many more players can he not inspire.We have with sheff utd the biggest squad in this division and he cannot get 11 of them to play together.
  • Options
    but there is the other way out of this championship towards league one.
  • Options
    Where's Reamsy - when you need someone to tell you it's going to get even worse.....? ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    where make the playoffs steve,but that dont make pardew a good manager,im one of those who thought he had plenty of time to keep us up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]where shit but sos every other fucker,this is game on,i dont like pardew much but even he can lead us up,this must be the easiest championship to get of,and where still in it.
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]where make the playoffs steve,but that dont make pardew a good manager,im one of those who thought he had plenty of time to keep us up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Dictionary-English-Catherine-Soanes/dp/0198610572/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205001471&sr=8-2
  • Options
    i find him a arrogant w**ker,god man i really wanted to let it go today but couldn't because of the people i was with and they bloody knew and found it hilarious.Well i did my bit today for the club shame the tossers on the pitch didn't.I meant the pitch and touchline when i said tossers
  • Options
    Pards thinks he is billy big bollox but in all honestly he is the worst judge of talent I have seen in a long while. Play the fcuking kids like Jonjo Shelvey, Wagstaff etc....gotta care more than those mugs out there today. Sold our best player in the Jan window and has brought in mugs like Gray and McCleod. Why do we need all these wingers (Cook, Sinclair) whne its the middle of midefield needs sorting.....
  • Options
    buckshee im glad you like to take the micheal out of my english,i was always the kid at school who was good at sport and pulled the girls,you i can tell was forever forgetting your pe kit and reading train mags.
  • Options
    i have restrained myself from posting after previous performances, notably burnley, qpr, sheff u, plymouth, colchester (all home) scunny (away) and blackpool (away), but that today was f@*king sh*T.
    at the start of the season we were told (by a club director i think) that we may not have the best 11 in the division but we have the strongest squad (or words to that effect).
    if that really was the belief in the boardroom, then countless debuts, loans from prem clubs and permanent signings later we still don't have a settled side then surely they (the board) must be asking why we are putting in soulless performances on a regular basis.
    of the games i've seen this season (i've missed 8) we have only looked like a promotion chasing side on 5 occasions. cardiff (h&a), blackpool (h), palace (h) and ipswsich (h).
    as harry gregory said, 4 wins in the last 16. dress up our league position all you want, but that is the form of a side in the bottom 3, and i'm probably doing colchester and the rest a disservice.
  • Options
    Looking on the bright side........

we've only got four more home games left to 'endure'. I could have gone home at half time if I didn't have others in my car to consider. Truely shocking.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Not really nitpicking though was he nolly. "We're" and "where". Did find it quite confusing/annoying.

Go on Barnsley!
  • Options
    well mate he was,i have seen plenty good writers on here spell bad,the mans a complete nerd if he keeps pulling people up on it,would he have that humour in my presence.i think not.
  • Options
    ha ha nolly quality,someone said to me we have too many loan players which i totally agree with,sinclair is no better than Thomas and andy gray is no better than McCleod who is also shite.So well done Pards,because your signings are mirroring Dowies'