Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton - Preston: Suicide thread

Comments

• Options
    absolute dross today and had an argument with a 'Charlton' fan on Floyd road who didn't appreciate me saying it was f*cking rubbish, which capped the day off nicely!
  • Options
    were his glasses rose tinted?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Not really nitpicking though was he nolly. "We're" and "where". Did find it quite confusing/annoying.

Go on Barnsley!

Have to agree with 'buckshee' and 'chunes' here.

If we were in your presence 'nolly', we wouldn't be writing messages to each other, would we?
  • Options
    dont be condersending chaps whether nolly's comprehension is as good as yours is neither here nor there.
  • Options
    your in the minority mate,most people just get on with writing there views jim.
  • Options
    if you were in nolly's company i suppose you would have to put a plum in your mouth.
  • Options
    he he
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]This is the official thread for those wanting to slit their wrists
    or stick pins in an effigy of Pardew :o)[/quote]

He is begining to annoy me. Earlier in the season it was "the players need to get used to each other" so now he brings in 5 new average players. Been on about how we get bigged out by championship teams all season, so he starts with two little uns up front and then to compensate takes off the only forward we have who knows how to run, at least its not the fans fault this week
  • Options
    utter utter tripe.

sack pardew, sack parkinson - even sack robson.

get in a manager who knows how to gel a team - knows his best 11 & then sticks to it. get in a manger who can get the players to pass to each other.

I thought Curbs was bad - this guys even worse.
  • Options
    Even I will not and cannot try and defend the team today. fair play to preston they worked their socks off today and didn't let us play at all but i lost count how many time we passed to their players.

Sinclair to be fair to him showed glimpses but if he is nto given the ball, which he wasn't in the 1st half, he's never going to be able to do anything.

and we all thought QPR at home was a shocker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The team that won the championship would have cringed at todays performance there for the money nothing more
  • Options
    hoof hoof hoof - all we did, same as Tuesday

it was so bad to watch I thought I had gone back three years in time
  • Options
    we were toilet. fact!!! all i can say
  • Options
    i travelled from cardiff took my wife and our 3yo son to his first game i was embarressd but he loved it!!!
  • Options
    My little boy has been nagging to go again after he made his debut v Watford.I think i'll wait until next season before i bring him down from Wales again.
  • Options
    how old is he dave?
  • Options
    He's 4 jason he'll be 5 next month
  • Options
    how do you get to the games and which part of south wales do you live in?
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I don't live in Wales anymore as moved back about a year ago,i used to live in Merthyr about 5 mins from the football ground,which is where Jack still lives.I get to see him once a month and then he comes down for a week in the summer but i want to try and bring him to London more often.
  • Options
    My Sunday League side lost 10-1 today as well, talk about a depressing weekend!!

At least the FA Cup is throwing up some entertainment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what did you have halford and youga playing ;-)
  • Options
    Looked like it mate - about the same amount of closing down and marking (ie not much) and giving the ball away (a lot)!!

It was 8-0 after an hour when I came on, so at least I could hold my head up a bit!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: North Lower Neil[/cite]Looked like it mate - about the same amount of closing down and marking (ie not much) and giving the ball away (a lot)!!

It was 8-0 after an hour when I came on, so at least I could hold my head up a bit!

It's not been a good weekend, has it, guys?

Meanwhile at Sparrows Lane, Pards had the squad in today to play a 'behind closed doors' friendly match between each other.

Sadly, both sides lost ........ ;o)
  • Options
    One of my mates was at the press conference after the game, and said that Pardew's opening salvo WAS in fact about how at fault the fans were. Quotes he told me included "the Charlton fans were on the players' backs after only 20 minutes, which is only going to unsettle the younger players", "I had an inkling before the start that it was going to go badly, because you could pick up the tension from the fans", and best of the lot, "the Charlton fans are totally unrealistic, they seem to expect us to win every home game, and they need to understand that's not possible". Classic.

You were lucky to get 20 minutes on that showing, Pards. And yes, we're tense, so should you be. And you're having a laugh with teh last one, mate.

Apparently he realised he'd gone too far after a while, and started trying to redress the balance with all the "There's no excuses though..." stuff, but if you read the official site write-up, a revisionist rewrite of Stalinist proportions has gone on.

And yet you read
  • Options
    if he said that what a CUNT
  • Options
    There is more than an element of truth in Pard's comments, and I'm not someone who thinks Pards can do no wrong (Do any of us think that???). It's been my own feeling for the past four or five years that there's usually nothing but a stressful tension around the Valley on a match day. It's tangible; it's suffocating. I haven't the foggiest why, but something needs to be done about it, because whatever the issues on the pitch are, we have to sort ourselves out. Then we will be in a better position to DEMAND better on match day from management and players.
  • Options
    i think we should be giving credit to preston,who were clearly a very good footballing side.
  • Options
    double edged sword
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]There is more than an element of truth in Pard's comments, and I'mnotsomeone who thinks Pards can do no wrong (Do any of us think that???). It's been my own feeling for the past four or five years that there's usually nothing but a stressful tension around the Valley on a match day. It's tangible; it's suffocating. I haven't the foggiest why, but something needs to be done about it, because whatever the issues on the pitch are, we have to sort ourselves out. Then we will be in a better position to DEMAND better on match day from management and players.

LoOkOut's made a very good point.

If you were to go into your work tomorrow, the atmosphere is hanging with tension - and the moment you make a mistake everyone in the whole room jumps on your back, cursing and yelling abuse at you - are you suddenly going to be able to improve your performance and self-confidence?

And on your way to work next day, would you be looking forward to walking through the door knowing the same thing is going to happen all over again?
  • Options
    it wouldn't stress me out too much if i was getting quite a few grand each time i turned up.