Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Could this be the reason why Halford played so poorly on Saturday?

Comments

• Options
    WIWLB, Ambrose has been by far and away our best player this year, I don't really see how you can claim he doesnt try, everything good about us going forward normally involves Ambrose in a large way.
  • Options
    Sharon has been playing exceptionally well recently, all the abuse he's getting is a bit harsh
  • Options
    Im with afka on this one

you could list loads that have peaked around then and dropped off there after you get some that fly off young the cadamatris, Jeffers, Branch of this world,

But if you look at Bowyer,Parker,Rufus,Hunt, all had good years in their early to mid twenties and never really peaked there after.

Bowyer had seen his best years at Leeds, Parker what is he now 28-29 we def got the best out of him, Rufus retired by 29 best years with us between 22-2, Hunt retired at 30 peaked really at WBA was great for us for a year when he signed but did we see the best of him, I dont think so.

I think all players really come of age at their 24 year mark and the scary thing is they dont maintain that for long the amount of players who have great seasons around then and just never reach that level again is scary
  • Options
    I guess if you've made up your mind that Ambrose does 'feck all', you're not going to let the facts get in the way.
  • Options
    Stu how can you state that Ambrose has been our best player this season,the only reason he has stood out recently is because he is the only the only player to have scored, his all round game is awful, he does nothing for the team, wayward passes, doesnt track back, jesus someone help me out here i am thinking its just me,
  • Options
    I wouldnt say our best player but alot of my opinions of him have changed due to him finding a bit more form and consistancy to his game
  • Options
    WIWLB, look at every goal we have scored this season, I bet Ambrose is involved in 85%+ of them.
  • Options
    I reckon 72.2%
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Stu how can you state that Ambrose has been our best player this season,the only reason he has stood out recently is because he is the only the only player to have scored, his all round game is awful, he does nothing for the team, wayward passes, doesnt track back, jesus someone help me out here i am thinking its just me,

so it is alright for you to abuse him because you think he is crap but not for me with halford - and he is CRAP not fit to lace Ambrose's boots.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Stu how can you state that Ambrose has been our best player this season,the only reason he has stood out recently is because he is the only the only player to have scored, his all round game is awful, he does nothing for the team, wayward passes, doesnt track back, jesus someone help me out here i am thinking its just me,[/quote]

so it is alright for you to abuse him because you think he is crap but not for me with halford - and he is CRAP not fit to lace Ambrose's boots.[/quote]

The reason i had a pop at you because u are have the heart of a stone and that you had no sympathy that the man had lost someone close to him, and i stand by that, i also stand by the statement that Ambrose is overated, if we look at the stats, it would be interesting to see his pass completion, and tackles made, Ambrose is no better than a Dennis or a JJ
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Giev me a break - when did Dennis ever score at The Valley?
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    But he did score at Sellout in the last minute ...... "Dennis in the Last Minute!" tra-la-la

Legend! (hehe)

;o)
  • Options
    well that is my opinion of Ambrose, goes missing in a game, never tracks back, hides from the play, and couldnt cross a road let alone a ball
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Ambrose has good days but most of the time he doesnt play to the standard of what are team should be .... i wouldnt pick him in my starting line up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]well that is my opinion of Ambrose, goes missing in a game, never tracks back, hides from the play, and couldnt cross a road let alone a ball

The stats pretty much show that to be wrong though.
  • Options
    really so would u call him an inditrious player or a luxury
  • Options
    I'd say he is a player we could not do without this season, he has contributed, points wise, more than any other player in the team.

Ne he didn't track back and put in crunching tackles, a lot of attacking midfielders don't do these things either.
  • Options
    Ambrose has good days - and he has bad days.
    But the stats, highlights & just about everything else prove him to be effective.

The subject of Ambrose has been done to death. This is the Halford topic.
  • Options
    i don't really like ambrose at all, more because i know he's an extremely talented fella who in the past has managed to produce the goods all to rarely

BUT... i have nothing but praise for the lad for some of the performances he's turned in since the New Year and long may it continue, anyone still completely on his back can't be for real
  • Options
    I am pleased to see Halford in the team tonight simply because he has had a rotten time of it and I hope it works for him.

Long throw in from Halford, flicked on header from Gray and tucked in by Lita. Job done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When i was

in my original post i said i had no sympathy, but did say not for his loss of course i sympathise with that, but my main point is he should have said he can't play.

we are both as bad as each other - you don't like 23 yr old ambrose i don't like 23 yr old halford so ner lol
  • Options
    Pair of girls you 2 are ......lol
  • Options
    Hope Halford recovers soon if he has indeed lost someone close to him.

On the subject of him as a player, Coppell and Keane wouldn't have spent 6million quid on him if he was shit. Personally, I think he's a wingback, best suited in a 5-3-2 formation. We won't play a 5-3-2 formation though, as we don't have a natural left wing back (maybe Youga) so we would be lop sided and lose balance further up the pitch. However, I'm fairly certain he played a fair few times for Colchester as a striker.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]When i was

in my original post i said i had no sympathy, but did say not for his loss of course i sympathise with that, but my main point is he should have said he can't play.

we are both as bad as each other - you don't like 23 yr old ambrose i don't like 23 yr old halford so ner lol[/quote]Grow up you prat, u still going on about it,
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]When i was

we are both as bad as each other - you don't like 23 yr old ambrose i don't like 23 yr old halford so ner lol[/quote]jesus u r boring maybe I will have the pleasure in bumping into u at portman road
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    how's that boring - i am diffusing our little chat

And no you won't see me at portman road - you'll never bump into me unless you know someone from here that knows me - like to keep a low profile off the board.

Oh yeah click on BBCODE below when quoting -
  • Options
    keep a low profile is that because u cheese people off on here
  • Options
    Nah couldnt give two hoots if I do.

Just not into all this meeting people from forums
  • Options
    sorry to bring this back up but i was told on Saturday that it ws his mum that passed away. I dont know if this is 100% true but it could answer a lot.

If anyone thinks this is inapprorpriate to post then let me know and ill delete.
  • Options
    If so then that is extremely sad and I feel for the lad but I stand by my point that he should have said he couldn't play NOT one person would have criticised him for it.