Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THREAD FOR DISCUSSING AWAY FOLLOWINGS (of all clubs)

Comments

• Options
    Good numbers for Luton, piss poor from Stoke, diabolical from Wigan.
  • Options
    Bottom of the League , 181 mile journey and a complete shithole of agg , I think 1,255 is decent for Stoke in the present circumstances 
    obviously they have a London base(we have northern based fans as well ! )  but roles reversed we wouldn’t have half that up at their place 
  • Options
    Bottom of the League , 181 mile journey and a complete shithole of agg , I think 1,255 is decent for Stoke in the present circumstances 
    obviously they have a London base(we have northern based fans as well ! )  but roles reversed we wouldn’t have half that up at their place 
    For a side that gets 23k at home, to only take 1200 to a Saturday away game in London, i think it's really poor.

But fair point about the aggro, they probably do take a lot more to other london games.
  • Options
    2,340 they took to us earlier on in the season .

• Options
    Shows how much more attractive coming to The Valley is compared to The Den. Surprises at Covs numbers. Close game geographically and normally take loads away like 6.5k at MK Don's a few weeks back.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Shows how much more attractive coming to The Valley is compared to The Den. Surprises at Covs numbers. Close game geographically and normally take loads away like 6.5k at MK Don's a few weeks back.
    Not really. They came to us full of hope on a sunny August day, first away game of the season. They went to the Den next to bottom of the league with no hope at all. Stands to reason their numbers have halved. 
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    ...but you're right about Cov. Would have expected them to take thousands.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Peterborough is a far smaller stadium, with a much smaller away allocation though
  • Options
    Peterborough charged £26 in advance £28 on day for Coventry fixture 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Not really. They came to us full of hope on a sunny August day, first away game of the season. They went to the Den next to bottom of the league with no hope at all. Stands to reason their numbers have halved. 
    Voice of reason. 

People Generally love going to Millwall. One stop away from a good drink in LB/Borough, a proper old school atmosphere (most of the time) and a very safe away end. You only get trouble at Millwall these days if you go looking for it. 

The amount of times I’ve spoke to rival fans and they’ve said after their local rivals Millwall away is one of the first fixtures they look for When they come out. 
    they look out for it then tell their missus they are 'around' that day if she wants to do something ;)
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Still a surprising drop, though to an extent as we haven't played Stoke for a long time there will be "new" ground syndrome, or at least a ground people won't have visited for a long time, whereas Stoke would have played at The Den last season
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    ChiAddick said:
    Peterborough is a far smaller stadium, with a much smaller away allocation though
    But didn't sell out. Of course they wouldn't take 6.5k but would expect to sell what they were given. 

Point taken re Stoke at Millwall.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Voice of reason. 

People Generally love going to Millwall. One stop away from a good drink in LB/Borough, a proper old school atmosphere (most of the time) and a very safe away end. You only get trouble at Millwall these days if you go looking for it. 

The amount of times I’ve spoke to rival fans and they’ve said after their local rivals Millwall away is one of the first fixtures they look for When they come out of prison...

• Options
    552 Carlisle @ Orient - fantastic turnout
    1,791 Colchester @ Crawley - ditto
    2,676 Luton @ Brum - Impressive

324 Wigan @ Bristolawful
    254 Gill’s @ Accrington  - appalling
    575 Blackpool @ Burton - boycotting again?
    505 Oldham @ Port Vale - poor
    621 Swindon @ Crawley - even worse

• Options
    Wigan deserve to be relegated & spend eternity in League One with those numbers. 
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Voice of reason. 

The amount of times I’ve spoke to rival fans and they’ve said after their local rivals Millwall away is one of the first fixtures they look for When they come out. 
    Either take your tongue out of your cheek or you're on drugs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Voice of reason. 

Only speaking from experience, conversations I’ve had with fans of other clubs and what I’ve read on forums etc. 

I don’t know what people think of Charlton away. I’ve always found it a bit flat to be honest, but hoping that will change this season, from what I’ve read on here.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Voice of reason. 

Only speaking from experience, conversations I’ve had with fans of other clubs and what I’ve read on forums etc. 

I don’t know what people think of Charlton away. I’ve always found it a bit flat to be honest, but hoping that will change this season, from what I’ve read on here.
    Confirmed, you're taking the piddle.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

324 Wigan @ Bristolawful

Why is gillinghams support at Accrington’appalling’? Admittedly it’s not great but you only took just over double that there last season and surely you get a lot more than double Gillinghams average home attendance? 

Funny how you’re judging all those league one away attendances, when it was only until recently (and recent success) that in terms of percentage of home crowd who traveled, Charlton’s was one of the worse in the country. 

Even when lots of you was saying you was boycotting home games and only doing away games, it wasn’t great. I don’t mean this as a dig, just find it a bit hypocritical that’s all. 

Second paragraph is spot on, but you're still on drugs.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Voice of reason. 

I’m genuinely only speaking from experience. 

Addickted said:

324 Wigan @ Bristolawful

Why is gillinghams support at Accrington’appalling’? Admittedly it’s not great but you only took just over double that there last season and surely you get a lot more than double Gillinghams average home attendance? 

Funny how you’re judging all those league one away attendances, when it was only until recently (and recent success) that in terms of percentage of home crowd who traveled, Charlton’s was one of the worse in the country. 

Even when lots of you was saying you was boycotting home games and only doing away games, it wasn’t great. I don’t mean this as a dig, just find it a bit hypocritical that’s all. 

Second paragraph is spot on, but you're still on drugs.
    Well yeah I am having a can of Super T and a crack pipe for breakfast but who are you too judge? 🥴
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    ChiAddick said:
    Voice of reason. 

Go back to the points I made, one stop from central London and a good drink around LB and the borough, a safe path straight in to the away end, no trouble if you don’t want it, a good partisan crowd, and not always, but most of the time a good old school atmosphere (no drums, no generic football chants that you get at every club, just with slightly different lyrics). 

What have I said there that incorrect? The amount of times I’ve heard fans from other clubs say the love Millwall away. I’m not lying about that. 

Compare the points I’ve just made and what it’s like going to somewhere like palace for an away fan from up north? 
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Voice of reason. 

And as for Charlton away, yeah you’re a bit closer to central London than palace but you’re slap bang in the middle of a pretty nondescript area and up until very recently you’ve never been known for your atmosphere. I know a southern based Leeds fan who went to your place once but could only get tickets for the home end. He described it as “gods waiting room”. His words. 

But yeah, I’m taking the piss and people much prefer Charlton away than Millwall lol
  • Options
    Agree with Millwallfan, nothing particularly bad about Gillingham (who I detest) or even Wigan imo.

Remember we took under 1k to win the league/confirm promotion at both Carlisle and Blackburn on weekends/B/H’s and numerous times we’ve taken circa 500 to northern games at weekends.

We’re better last two years but historically pretty appalling on the whole.

Also Luton very good number but when did they last play at St Andrews. These thugs have to be factored in and are certainly a factor in some of our number this year. Will we take 2k to West Brom next year if it’s a run of the mill fixture? I seriously doubt it.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Voice of reason. 

And as for Charlton away, yeah you’re a bit closer to central London than palace but you’re slap bang in the middle of a pretty nondescript area and up until very recently you’ve never been known for your atmosphere. I know a southern based Leeds fan who went to your place once but could only get tickets for the home end. He described it as “gods waiting room”. His words. 

But yeah, I’m taking the piss and people much prefer Charlton away than Millwall lol
    Quite simple to resolve - compile the away attendances at the valley and compare against the same teams at millwall over a period of years - if u want to
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    ChiAddick said:
    Voice of reason. 

Quite simple to resolve - compile the away attendances at the valley and compare against the same teams at millwall over a period of years - if u want to
    But you have a bigger away end? We quite often have teams selling and you’d never know how many more they’d have sold on top of that. 

Also, as someone else said you are a ground lots haven’t been to in a while so that will bump your crowds up a bit. 

I still stand by my point, I doubt many would see Charlton away as much more appealing than Millwall away as the original poster said, for reasons stated.