Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

can not moan tonight can you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]maybe another operation? operation pilgrim,where we dress up as pilgrims and walk barefoot to plymouth.

It's a long walk to Plymouth, Nolly.

About 275 miles from The Valley, so make sure you have good boots and a mars bar. ;o)
  • Options
    as it will be another circus act i will be arriving on a elephant
  • Options
    This league is still really our natural level as it is for Pompey, Bolton, Derby, Boro and even Sunderland. Sure we dip our toe into the big league and give it go and as a result of this Charlton has grown into what is now perceived as a biggish club. What we need now is a sole which I reckon is lacking. I want a Steve Brown, Robbo, Humph, Ruf or Youds. We just don't have any heroes in this team do we????
  • Options
    can we have a cup run like pompey?
  • Options
    Can we re-sign Lisbie?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]can we have a cup run like pompey?
    can we have away support like pompey;-)
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Harry Gregory[/cite]
    We just don't have any heroes in this team do we????

Heroes generally come over time though HG. Most of those Legends above do.

Robinson was slated in his first few years, Brownie wasn't noticed in the first few etc.

Only two players of our squad have been playing first team for a decent amount of time, and they are Holland and Powell. And they are probably the two most popular players.

Yet no-one really admired Holland that much until last season.
  • Options
    I hated Holland for us in the last 2 years of the Prem but you knew he was ideal for this league.

I thought Lisbie was ideal for this league too. Oh.

You admire Holland but you don't love him like the other players you mentioned.
  • Options
    i love chris powell

and curbishley
  • Options
    i think hes a legend,each to hes own,its all about views this game,i have mellowed in last ten minutes,starting to get used to this,one thing for sure they need to pull there fingers out there ass pronto.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have you seen Curbs's bust?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]
    You admire Holland but you don't love him like the other players you mentioned.

Very hard to compare.

5 - 10 years ago supporters weren't so cynical towards football and footballers as they are now. Holland can never be faulted for giving his all, like those listed above, and also has a lot more ability than a couple of them at least.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Have you seen Curbs's bust?

what bankrupt??
  • Options
    international player,did he play in a world cup?
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i love chris powell

I love Ooohaaah x
  • Options
    Oh I was always cynical about the players!

Agreed but he will never get mentioned in the same way other players do.

What you can say that if the 30 odd players in the squad gave the 100% he has given, we definately
    wouldn't have put in some of the tripe we have this year.

"We're still Fifth"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]international player,did he play in a world cup?

Holland played for Ireland in the World Cup Finals 2002 - and scored.
    Mark Kinsella played alongside him in the same team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harry Gregory[/cite]What we need now is a sole

I thought we were Haddocks?
  • Options
    when the legend Stevie Brown says that we played really well and deserved something from the game that is good enough for me,
  • Options
    Pork Pie clearly has a way to go to get legend status, then!