Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mike Newell

2»

Comments

• Options
    I was disappointed to hear what Newell said because not only did he question this particular Asst Ref but ALL female Asst Refs. If she is there on merit and has passed all the fitness and other tests then she deserves her place. We've all seen what we think are poor male refs and asst so what is the issue.

As for what if she was having a relationship with a player what century are we living in? So no female and male can work on the same project in case out of the 60 million people in the country those two are knocking boots. No better than I'd expect from Talkbollox.

I rated Newelll as a manager but maybe something else is going on. He also made an outburst against his chairman and the his board's lack of support and ambition. Be interesting to see how long he lasts now at Luton and which other Championship clubs might be looking for a new manager soon.
  • Options
    AFKA, you are right that there is an apparent discrepancy but just as there can be woman directors and Chief Executives overseeing men's sport why not refs? It is the team that has to be all male not the admin or supervision. Otherwise we would be like Iran with no women allowed in the Stadium. (No, don't say it all you unreconstructed bloke's blokes)
  • Options
    Can a woman who is good enough, strong enough, fast enough be allowed play in our professional male game ?

In my opinion Yes, although I'll concede that there are likelier to be far more males capable of playing but I'd be wary of saying that no woman is capable of playing at the professional level and that is irrelevant as to whether they are good enough to officiate. As I say, it's a meritocracy, the female lino has earned the right to be there, whether she's good enough to stay at that level is a different matter.

On that note:

http://yourmob.com/funnies_content_id-28_Women+Know+Your+Limits.html
  • Options
    then why can't women play if that's the case ?

Don't think i've argued my point very well here, and hope i haven't come across as sexist. I've the opposite view to be honest, i'm happy to see women involved in football at all levels. I just can't understand why then if women are allowed to officiate in the man's game, why they can't also play if they are good enough.

Because in that case, the reason why they can't play would also be an equally out of date view.
  • Options
    I just can't understand why then if women are allowed to officiate in the man's game, why they can't also play if they are good enough.

They are two totally unconnected questions.
  • Options
    I agree and if man Utd or Chelsea find a female Ronaldo the rules will be changed PDQ but as BFR says they are two different questions.
  • Options
    WOMEN- KNOW YOUR LIMITS........;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]then why can't women play if that's the case ?

Don't think i've argued my point very well here, and hope i haven't come across as sexist. I've the opposite view to be honest, i'm happy to see women involved in football at all levels. I just can't understand why then if women are allowed to officiate in the man's game, why they can't also play if they are good enough.

Because in that case, the reason why they can't play would also be an equally out of date view.

i don't think you're getting your point across. why is there an issue with playing and officiating? i think its 2 different things entirely as BFR says above

all officials are employed because of their qualifications. male judges officiate women in gymnastics, and they're not fit enough to do what they do, and so i do'nt see how its the same? she's fit enough to run the line as she's passed her exams, why let her only officiate womens football, if she;s at the same standard as male officials?

are women trying to play against men in the top league? I think they're quite happy with their own league. i think taking part and officiating are 2 completely different things.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I just can't understand why then if women are allowed to officiate in the man's game, why they can't also play if they are good enough.

In what way ?

changing scenario would be the same

ability to keep up with the pace of the game would be the same

the threat of physical assault would be the same (possibly more as an official)

the threat of sexaul assault would be the same

the threat of the ball being smashed in the face, or caught up in a collision or bad tackle would be the same
  • Options
    I tend to agree AFKA. If a woman can physically cope with a job, such as a hod carrier and carry the same volume as a bloke then that's fine. Give her the job.

If she cant then don't, employ someone who can. Its the same with football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I just can't understand why then if women are allowed to officiate in the man's game, why they can't also play if they are good enough.

In what way ?

changing scenario would be the same

ability to keep up with the pace of the game would be the same

the threat of physical assault would be the same (possibly more as an official)

the threat of sexaul assault would be the same

the threat of the ball being smashed in the face, or caught up in a collision or bad tackle would be the same

Blimey Afka you are either trolling or maybe you genuinely don't get it...to officiate at that level isn't a matter of quoatas or being PC but about being good enough (or not). If she is good enough and has proven herself at the lower levels, has passed the relevant fitness tests and other exams then she should be given a chance. As Suzi says there is no bar on men judging female only competitions - even Miss World. I don't want to see society putting barriers on how far women etc can progress and neither should the FA.
  • Options
    Who started all of this rubbish?
    ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Who started all of this rubbish?
    ;o)

Dunno but he should be banned!
  • Options
    winterval?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds
    Blimey Afka you are either trolling or maybe you genuinely don't get it...to officiate at that level isn't a matter of quoatas or being PC but about being good enough (or not). If she is good enough and has proven herself at the lower levels, has passed the relevant fitness tests and other exams then she should be given a chance. As Suzi says there is no bar on men judging female only competitions - even Miss World. I don't want to see society putting barriers on how far women etc can progress and neither should the FA.

And that is exactly my point. Why then are those barriers in place in the professional men's game ? Why if a woman is good enough could she not be allowed to play in the premier league ?

My last one on this as i'm going on a bit.
  • Options
    You most certainly are AFKA - you're begining to sound like greenwichaddick on netaddicks and his constant bleating about getting Curbishley back in.
    Get a grip man!!!
  • Options
    Blimey Afka you are either trolling or maybe you genuinely don't get it...to officiate at that level isn't a matter of quoatas or being PC but about being good enough (or not). If she is good enough and has proven herself at the lower levels, has passed the relevant fitness tests and other exams then she should be given a chance. As Suzi says there is no bar on men judging female only competitions - even Miss World. I don't want to see society putting barriers on how far women etc can progress and neither should the FA.[/cite]
    [cite]

And that is exactly my point. Why then are those barriers in place in the professional men's game ? Why if a woman is good enough could she not be allowed to play in the premier league ?

My last one on this as i'm going on a bit.[/cite]

i'll say it then....as no one else is going to

because its a man's game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    Blimey Afka you are either trolling or maybe you genuinely don't get it...to officiate at that level isn't a matter of quoatas or being PC but about being good enough (or not). If she is good enough and has proven herself at the lower levels, has passed the relevant fitness tests and other exams then she should be given a chance. As Suzi says there is no bar on men judging female only competitions - even Miss World. I don't want to see society putting barriers on how far women etc can progress and neither should the FA.[/cite]
    [cite]

My last one on this as i'm going on a bit.[/cite]

i'll say it then....as no one else is going to

because its a man's game

You sexist!! ;-)
  • Options
    It's internalised oppression ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]You most certainly are AFKA - you're begining to sound like greenwichaddick on netaddicks and his constant bleating about getting Curbishley back in.
    Get a grip man!!!
    Oh that's harsh! OK, so he is going off on one a bit, but it's not been 24 hours yet. Greenwichaddick has been incessant for weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    can I enter Miss World?...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oracle[/cite]can I enter Miss World?...

Deoends how drunk you get her...........

"TAXI!"
  • Options
    I have never seen Amy Rayner on the line, but I can tell you she is an excellent referee. I have seen her at both Bromley and Welling in recent seasons and on both occasions she has been far better than some of the male referees. She is on the line in the football league because she has earned the right to be there by showing committment and competance during her years of officiating at various levels of football.

(That's not a rant by the way).
  • Options
    Go on admit. You fancy her dont you? ;-)