Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reserves EDIT Win 3 - 0 (Varney, Godfrey and Yussuff)

Charlton: Elliot, Long, Youga, Sinclair, Monteiro, Fortune, Uchechi, Yussuff, Godfrey, Varney, Wagstaff. Subs: Harkin, Lee, Lozano-Calderon, Perkins.

No Gibbs! has he

a) Fallen out with Pards

b) Got injured again

c) Being saved for his first team debut on Saturday

d) Been called up by the USA for their game v Poland.

Good to see Varney playing and lots of kids.

Comments

• Options
    and d) is your answer
  • Options
    first name i looked for was Gibbs LOL

maybe he needs a rest as he has played so many games

or training hard with the first team ready for his home debut on Saturday
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]and d) is your answer

spoil sport : - )
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    it said on the OS that the game was called off earlier

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32187&newstype=r
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]it says on the OS that the game is called off?

No it ain't
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
  • Options
    great he will be on teh injured list after then
  • Options
    is it good to see varney playing,only adds fuel to the fire of a bust up with pards.If he was injured Friday why risk him today.
  • Options
    Where is Yassin? :(

Saving him for Saturday I hope ;)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]is it good to see varney playing,only adds fuel to the fire of a bust up with pards.If he was injured Friday why risk him today.[/quote]

So on the back of a spat Pards is prepared not to play our best forward and sacrifice three points, whats bigger his ego or the club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]is it good to see varney playing,only adds fuel to the fire of a bust up with pards.If he was injured Friday why risk him today.
    So he's fit for Saturday?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]is it good to see varney playing,only adds fuel to the fire of a bust up with pards.If he was injured Friday why risk him today.

or it means he gets a run out to get match fit for Saturday having not played for a while.
  • Options
    He got injuried on Thursday, and it was probably a 50/50 call on whether to play him or not, now he's ok, get him some game time, and probably a goal or two in the ressies in time for Saturday.

People will read what the hell they like into everything at the moment, peoples agenda's are starting to influence everything
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    i wish gibbs would f off now.
  • Options
    and if he picks up a knock today?
  • Options
    dont get me wrong i like Varney.
  • Options
    He could pick up a whack in training, does that mean you wrap him up in bubble wrap between games?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]He could pick up a whack in training, does that mean you wrap him up in bubble wrap between games?

He did get injured in training.
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i wish gibbs would f off now.

Why? He's off to play for a country in the top 20?? in the FIFA rankings.

At least he's shown some bottle coming back from all those injuries and will, I'd guess, be keen to prove himself with his contract running out in the summer.

He may go then, I don't know but don't know what he's done to deserve to be F***** off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Gibbs is not playing because:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32189&newstype=n

Ha ha that is ridiculous, how can he get picked without a first team outing for 2 nearly years!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Gibbs is not playing because:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32189&newstype=n

Ha ha that is ridiculous, how can he get picked without a first team outing for 2 nearly years!!

Cos he, as I've been trying to tell you all for years, is a class player.

Plus as it is a game in Europe I guess the manager is picking more european based players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm surprised Charlton are even letting him go. We pay his wages, he's never even played for us in almost 2 years, we've a reserve game tonight and we need to assess him to see if he can play any part in our run in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I'm surprised Charlton are even letting him go. We pay his wages, he's never even played for us in almost 2 years, we've a reserve game tonight and we need to assess him to see if he can play any part in our run in.

Maybe they think Poland's international team will be more of a test than QPR's kids.
  • Options
    Says on the OS that they were 3 nil up at half time.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: GloucAddick[/cite]Says on the OS that they were 3 nil up at half time.

As I said Poland's international team are more of a test than QPRs kids. Let's hope Varney and the other forwards have found their scoring boots.

Wish I had gone now.
  • Options
    QPR were putting a very young side out, by all accounts
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: GloucAddick[/cite]Says on the OS that they were 3 nil up at half time.

As I said Poland's international team are more of a test than QPRs kids. Let's hope Varney and the other forwards have found their scoring boots.

Wish I had gone now.

According to the O/S it was not open to the public, for some reason.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Wish I had gone now.

According to the O/S it was not open to the public, for some reason.

Ben does not count as 'the public' ;-)
  • Options
    Which Sinclair is playing?
  • Options
    It finished at 3 nil according to QPR's official site :)
  • Options
    our Sinclair, Dean. I assume that the other one (Scott) is considered too integral a part of the first team to risk in a reserve fixture.