Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reserves EDIT Win 3 - 0 (Varney, Godfrey and Yussuff)

2»

Comments

• Options
    http://shop.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32193

[i]"while Varney looked sharp in his 45 minutes after missing the West Bromwich Albion match on Friday with a slight foot injury"[/i]
  • Options
    Goals: Yussuff 5, Varney 18, Godfrey 20.
  • Options
    I see that Varney was replaced at half time. He must have fallen out with Pards again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]I see that Varney was replaced at half time. He must have fallen out with Pards again.

Agree, that is the only possible conclusion that can be drawn from his withdrawl.
  • Options
    He may have fallen out with Kinsella as well. Probably did, I think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]He may have fallen out with Kinsella as well. Probably did, I think.

Must be true.

Noticed that Parky wasn't on the bench on Saturday but sitting up in the stand. Obviously another falling out
  • Options
    Gibbs could play at Wembley. . . .

*slashes wrists*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]He may have fallen out with Kinsella as well. Probably did, I think.

nobody is saying he definately has fallen out,however with us coming to a crucial time of the season i find it amazing that a player who missed friday's game because of a foot injury,is risked in a reserve team game today,especially as we have strikers in abundance.I didn't see Darren Bent risked many times last season in the ressies when coming back from his knee injury,Pards didn't think it necessary to sharpen him up.Anyway people were only expressing an opinion,sorry if it was anti Pards coz he really is setting the place alive this year with his results and relationship with the fans.
  • Options
    come on NSS give pardew a break... i know he's spent a lot of money this year but it's a new team and he has a 5 year plan, we're 10th in a real tough tough competitive exciting league. the club is moving in the right direction, we can still make the play offs, we're due a good run, we were 5th for a long time zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    you know what the best thing about Ipswich woz I didn't have to listen to that at least we are still 5th shite lol;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    According to the FA site Scott Sinclair is in the Under 19 squad that is playing at Franchise Dons tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]I see that Varney was replaced at half time. He must have fallen out with Pards again.

Agree, that is the only possible conclusion that can be drawn from his withdrawl.

Nicely ironic answer, Henry. ;o)

Varney has come off at half time for one of two reasons:

1) His injury is still causing him grief and he's been withdrawn as a precaution.

2) He's been given a run for the 1st half only to ensure there's no problems and a bit of match fitness. Straight into the squad for Saturday.

I would bet the second option would be in line with Pards thinking.
  • Options

Must be true.

Noticed that Parky wasn't on the bench on Saturday but sitting up in the stand. Obviously another falling out

Pretty big fall out seeing as we played on Friday
  • Options
    the godfrey lad sounds a decent prospect
  • Options
    too lightweight with not enough pace,out of the youth games I saw he impressed me least.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]

Must be true.

Pretty big fall out seeing as we played on Friday

So they moved the game and didn't tell Parky. I told you there was a falling out and that proves it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]too lightweight with not enough pace,out of the youth games I saw he impressed me least.

A bit skinny and lanky but he's got time to fill out. I thought he did well in the youth cup games and scored some decent goals. Has got a few for the reserves as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]too lightweight with not enough pace,out of the youth games I saw he impressed me least.

the first time I saw he play I concur but when I saw him the next couple of games I was pretty impressed and a couple of his finishes were very good.
  • Options
    He's only a first year scholar and is 6' 3". Someone that tall called Ben has got to be a great guy.

My inside sources (OK, it was in the programme) said that he comes from Bexleyheath and was on Wimbledons books until they left for MK and he lived too far away. Chelsea wanted him and he played in a trial game for them against us. Chelsea offered him a six week trail but we gave him a full time deal.

Bases his play on Mark Hughes.
  • Options
    I liked the small bits i saw of him, and now i know he's a Bexleyheath lad i'll be properly rooting for him.

Would give anything for us to build a decent side with the core being local lads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    " .......He's only a first year scholar and is 6' 3". Someone that tall called Ben has got to be a great guy."

He might be 6'3" and he might be called be called Ben.
    But apparently he's lanky & thin ........ so no resemblence there, Henry. ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]" .......He's only a first year scholar and is 6' 3". Someone that tall called Ben has got to be a great guy."

But apparently he's lanky & thin ........ so no resemblance there, Henry. ;o)

So cruel and so true but in my youth I was the proverbial long streak of piss and I have photos to prove it.

He's also good at football so something else we have in common NOT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]" .......He's only a first year scholar and is 6' 3". Someone that tall called Ben has got to be a great guy."

So cruel and so true but in my youth I was the proverbial long streak of piss and I have photos to prove it.

LOL
    Sorry, mate!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

LOL
    Sorry, mate!

No probs Be happy in the skin your living in is my motto but I do wish it was a slightly less flabby skin.

Can't upload the photos. Admin help!