Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Mortimer

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
If this is Paul Mortimer next to Chrissy Powell then we now know who ate all the pies and if it is the womens team captain then ......

Paul mortimer and Chrissy Powell

Comments

• Options
    sure has piled on the lbs
  • Options
    Footie Chick... what a horrible name for a brand. the word "footie" is bad in itself.
  • Options
    I remember when I was a kid the youth team was called Charlton Colts.

Surely, they're not going to rebrand the Women's team, Charlton Chicks ........?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Footie Chick... what a horrible name for a brand. the word "footie" is bad in itself.

lol

btw morts is genius.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Footie Chick... what a horrible name for a brand. the word "footie" is bad in itself.

lol

btw morts is genius.

And looks like a fat nigerian cab driver :o)
  • Options
    lol ghe HARSH BUT FAIR

who cares he's a proper charlton legend is Morts.
  • Options
    And if you think Pardew has had to do a re-building job with his sqaud this year think about Morts and the womens team.

They might even catch Cardiff with a little luck.
  • Options
    He is a legend for his playing days but also what he is doing for the women's team slowly but surely he is building them up from the ashes. I have lined them twice and the second time they showed a definite improvement. The effort he puts into the team is invaluable and to boot he's a really nice bloke when he's in the technical area during matches...top man Morts!
  • Options
    Great player Morts.What we wouldnt give for a player like him now.
  • Options
    looks like he eats at the same cafe as kim grant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dont see how morts looks fat in that picture,looks like hes kept the weight down,anyway he pisstaked at the den,my heroe for that.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Yeh i dont think so either.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]dont see how morts looks fat in that picture,looks like hes kept the weight down,anyway he pisstaked at the den,my heroe for that.

so true - lovely figure of 8 it was as well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]dont see how morts looks fat in that picture,looks like hes kept the weight down,anyway he pisstaked at the den,my heroe for that.

Will always be a top bloke for that, Nolly. Was it that night his car was stopped on the way out on the Den and he was accused of nicking some spoons

When I was chatting with him at City Addicks he didn't look that fat at all but maybe that was just in comparison with the bloke he was talking to.
  • Options
    Who was that,Andy Reid ? ;)
  • Options
    His goial against Chelsea in the 3-1 victory in the 80's relegation season was class.
  • Options
    And against Leeds, 98/99 season in our 4-1 walloping at Elland Road.

Viciously struck from an acute angle. Quality.
  • Options
    Mind you the bloody penalty miss against Notts Forest!!!!
  • Options
    Wasn't Leeds at home that 98/99 season ....rebounded off the foot of the post.

We were all over highly rated Leeds and needed the win .....but only drew 1-1
  • Options
    Both Paul and Chris should be knighted for their services to football and for being jolly nice blokes.

(If only I could have bottled how I felt after that famous show in the snow and could sell it, I would be a billionaire by now - thanks Morts)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just see the legend that is Paul Mortimer talking to SSN representing 'show racism the red card' spoke eloquantly and I love him
  • Options
    Top player and top bloke

And coming to Bromey Addicks in December
  • Options

Top player and top bloke

And coming to Bromey Addicks in December

Agree with Henry. I met Morts back in 1996 at the offices of where i was working at the time and he was a real gent. Special player when he was in the zone. So many monents from Paul. Millwall away 95, chelsea selhurst 89, norwich away 88, man city away 90, everton away 89, bradford home 97. The list goes on....What we would give for a prime morts now.
  • Options
    He has the perfect figure for a man of his age.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is just jealous.

Agree with those who say he's a gent - spent some time with him (and Keith Jones) back in the day. Lovely bloke and an even lovelier wife and kids.
  • Options
    Coaching with CAFC now.

Hoping we can get Mickey Bennett along too
  • Options
    Norwich away, what a fecking goal!
  • Options
    My fav one of his was the winner at Maine Road in our relegation season.
  • Options
    Im sure morts got another typical mortimer special in the 2-2 mid week game against arsenal in 89?? I think we were wearing the yellow kit. Did the guy ever score a tap in!
  • Options

Im sure morts got another typical mortimer special in the 2-2 mid week game against arsenal in 89?? I think we were wearing the yellow kit. Did the guy ever score a tap in!

yep him and mckenzie scored a couple of decent goals that game