Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most Overated Players

1) CAFC Players who u just thought is overated
2) Current PL Player

me

1) Di Canio - i know he was a good player and i did like him but he never really did it for us and the way people go on about him.

2) Downing - dont think i have ever seen him have a good game

Comments

• Options
    1: No contest - Luke Young

2: Have to agree with Downing but that Eboue nutter that plays for Arsenal I'm not sure about at times.
  • Options
    1. Andy Gray
    2. Louis Saha
  • Options
    1.Andy Gray
    2. Wayne Rooney
  • Options
    1. Claus Jensen (several wonder goals aside)
    2. Wayne Rooney
  • Options
    1. Alan Pardew ;-)
    2. Andrew Johnson
  • Options
    1. Zheng Zhi without a doubt. I agree he scored some goals but I really dont see what a lot of people see in this guy and still think the things that he lacks are the biggest problem with our centre midfield.

2. Gary Neville. I always thought his positoning was poor and his concept of the offside trap non existant, and was only 1st choice for England due to a severe lack of competition. Luke Young getting capped being a case in point.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Danny Murphy

could make a good pass and take a good free kick but lazy and disruptive

Michael Owen

living off earlier achievements
  • Options
    1. Danny Murphy

2. Frank Lampard
  • Options
    1. Jimmy Floyd Hasselwank

2. John Terry - been brought up at Chelsea and always had world class players alongside him, Desailly, Carvalho (yes i think he is), to make him look better than he is. Anelka showed him for what he is on Wednesday.

Amazed at some of the choices on here

especially Lampard, sorry Rothko, - 20 goals a season for the past 4-5 seasons says it all for him IMO. Yeah he's an arrogant sod but over rated I can't agree.
  • Options
    especially Lampard, sorry Rothko, - 20 goals a season for the past 4-5 seasons says it all for him IMO. Yeah he's an arrogant sod but over rated I can't agree.

18 of those are deflections :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the other two penalties
  • Options
    behave
  • Options
    Darren Bent - Yes I do think he was over rated

Chris Kirkland

Can I add another one please?

Most overated English player ever:

Ray "Butch" WIlkins IMO.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Reading this thread, I get the impression that people are actualling mentioning their most disliked players - rather than most overated for playing ability. Or is that the same thing?
  • Options
    In all honesty, Lampard is a very good player and IMO is not over rated. However i do beleive Wayne Rooney is.
  • Options
    Lampard is a really busy player, but honestly, he's not half as good as some make out, not as good on the ball as Hargraves and not fit to clean Gerrards boots
  • Options
    I agree he is not as good as hargreaves and gerrard
  • Options
    i think hes better than hargreaves. hargreaves has a better work rate but hargreaves does not create or score goals. Lamps and hargreaves are nowhere near as good as gerrard
  • Options
    Hargraves hardly gives the ball away, excellent on the dead ball, the most under rated player to play for England.

Gerrard is a match winner all on his own, something Lampard could dream of, Essien and Maka make him look good
  • Options
    When has Gerrard won a match for England on his own?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    andorra in barcelona! when it was 0-0 at half time....i think
  • Options
    1. Bryan Hughes

2. Lee Dixon
  • Options
    Rommerdahl

Phil Neville
  • Options
    1. Keith Jones
    2. Andy Johnson
  • Options
    1. Charlton Athletic

2.Tottenham HotSpuds
  • Options
    1 Anderton, absolutely awful player.
    2 Ginola, awful awful awful, and ugly as sin! what a bellend and not that good.
    3 Laurent robert, stupid name, rubbish player.
    4 Saha, just plain shit.

Will be back to add to this so watch out!
  • Options
    No Giggs MCS?
  • Options
    Steven Gerrard - he has a great shot, but his positives are outweighed by his always giving the ball away to the opposition and mediocre (for a central midfielder) tackling & closing down.
  • Options
    CAFC - Murphy

Premier League - Peter Crouch (Should never play for England again)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]1 Anderton, absolutely awful player.
    2 Ginola, awful awful awful, and ugly as sin! what a bellend and not that good.
    3 Laurent robert, stupid name, rubbish player.
    4 Saha, just plain shit.

Will be back to add to this so watch out!

Not a fan of the French MCS?

I've got a few Charlton players that people have raved about that I've never quite seen. Most recently:

ZZ, flatters to decive in my opinion - similar to Danny Murphy (only not as good) in that he'll pick out three of four good passes a game but give the ball away at least twice as often. Can't believe someone's put Claus Jensen in this category, for me he was almost everything these two players should be.

Rommedahl. No football brain.

Current Prem:

Rooney (though to be honest this could have been any Prem player who features in the England team). Have lost count of the times I've watched Man U games on telly and everything he does is lauded as 'amazing'. Half the time it's a piece of skill followed by a fluffed shot or some other shot or pass that would never have received the kind of rapturous praise it does when performed by Wayne. He's obviously a good player but nowhere near as good as the English football press would have us believe.