Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most Overated Players

2»

Comments

• Options
    Andy Todd - always has been and always will be nothing but a lunbering cart horse who's 'not afraid to go in for a tackle'. Well I'm sorry, but I can to that - doesn't make me a good footballer though.

Jermaine Jenas - how on earth has this lightweight got 15 caps for England I shall never know.
  • Options
    Most overated Charlton player

Rommerdhal

Most overated prem player

Alan Smith i just never got it what the feck made him so special
  • Options
    semedo ...just think he is a poor mans keith jones but gives the ball away too much
    agree with alan smith utter chuff what is he a forward/midfielder/ winger
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]semedo ...just think he is a poor mans keith jones but gives the ball away too much
    agree with alan smith utter chuff what is he a forward/midfielder/ winger
    Everyone is a poor man's keith jones!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]4 Saha, just plain shit.

totally totally completely utterly dreadful player

what is he doing in a Man U shirt?
  • Options
    I agree with you Oohaah

I dont realy get Semedo i think he gives the ball away more times than omar pouso
  • Options
    HOW CAN ANYONE PICK ON KEITH JONES!

Only cost us £125K, was instrumental in getting us promoted ffs!

Lest we forget his beautiful 40 yard ball to Sir Clive at Wembley. . .

Overrated:
    Rommedhal/Jeffers/Murphy/Hughes (any of Curbs last main batch of quality signings)
  • Options
    1 rommedahl

2 jonathan woodgate, (though i'm glad someone has mentioned john terry)
  • Options
    Overated us....Denise hands down

Prem...gawd there are loads, but I fail to see how Stuart Downing has ever donned an England shirt let alone a EPL teams garb
  • Options
    CAFC - John Pearson - never rated him and was shown up when we got promoted

Prem - Has to be Michael Carrick. Decent player but the way he is talked up you'd think he was the love child of Beckenbaur and Platini. Not fit to lace hargreaves' boots.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    falconwood

we just started the keith jones is a god fan club on the thread unsung heros

join in chill out have a beer its friday
  • Options
    Cory Gibbs - ;-)

Downing
  • Options
    Strikers are often not all that good footballers - it might be sacrilege to say this but our very own killer was a great goal scorer and lethal when the ball was there or thereabouts in the penalty box, but pretty poor when it was outside it.

Most over-rated player for Charlton: a tie between JFH for a season of mediocrity and Rommedahl for several seasons where he showed his ability to run past players at will but total inability to cross, shoot and even take corners.

Non-Charlton players...currently Michael Owen but Peter Crouch is just as over-rated.
  • Options
    Oh god yes i forgot giggs, it is most overrated player i cant believe i missed it off. Hate him.

also henry is spot on, Carrick is kack, never seen him play a good game, not fit to lace hargreaves boots. Shocking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]CAFC - John Pearson - never rated him and was shown up when we got promoted

Prem - Has to be Michael Carrick. Decent player but the way he is talked up you'd think he was the love child of Beckenbaur and Platini. Not fit to lace hargreaves' boots.

John Pearson was immense for us the year we went up the goal on bank holiday monday at home to Norwich was massive.Horses for courses,plus he scored in that 3-1 win at West Ham.I liked him,not much quality but buddles of effort.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]CAFC - John Pearson - never rated him and was shown up when we got promoted

John Pearson was immense for us the year we went up the goal on bank holiday monday at home to Norwich was massive.Horses for courses,plus he scored in that 3-1 win at West Ham.I liked him,not much quality but buddles of effort.

Reminded me of Steve Jones.
  • Options
    1 Ray Crawford
    2 Steve Marlet
  • Options
    1. Len Glover
    2. John Terry
  • Options
    1) Denise and Jeffers are tied for me.

2) Kieron Dyer
  • Options
    1. Rommedahl - what a total and absolute damp squib of a footballer