Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Substitutions

3 subs made and still the most ineffective player on the pitch hasn't been subbed. How Matt Holland has stayed on while Ambrose, Thomas and Semedo have been taken off is unbelieveable!

Pardews substitutions have been shocking today!

Comments

• Options
    First moan of the day ......
  • Options
    Not moaning just stating a fact the substitutions were rubbish and made no sense!
  • Options
    My grumble is that Holland and Semedo shouldn't be starting together in the first place. They've started 7 games together in CM and we haven't won any of them..

As for his subs, I reckon Pards picks the names out of a hat.
  • Options
    Would you of taken Holland off before Ambrose then?
  • Options
    I also said that Holland run lots and did nothing all game
  • Options
    Yes and moved ambrose into the middle
  • Options
    What did Ambrose do then?
  • Options
    Ambrose has scored 8 this season, Holland has 1. Who is going to carry the greater goal threat?
  • Options
    Good point mate but if we took Holland off the who breaks the play up and makes the tackles cos it certainly aint part of Ambrose's game is it?
  • Options
    I tell you what why dont we all dig Holland out cos he has been our best and most consistent player all season.He shows more heart and passion than the rest of the team put together.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]Good point mate but if we took Holland off the who breaks the play up and makes the tackles cos it certainly aint part of Ambrose's game is it?

Isn't that what Semedo is for? We didn't need 2 defensive midfielders out there today especially as it was a game we needed to win and the strikers up to today haven't been scoring.
  • Options
    Exactly!So we should of took Samedo off especially after being booked which in my opinion could of easily been a red card instead.
  • Options
    I tell you what barn door/stevie wonder , Holland stayed on cos once again he was one of the best and most passionate of our players .

Semedo went off cos he had been booked and was a liability therefore , plus he was shocking first half giving away the ball pretty much every time he got it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]Exactly!So we should of took Samedo off especially after being booked which in my opinion could of easily been a red card instead.

At least that would have made some sense but Semedo was doing a better job so why take him off?

I'm not digging out Holland, he has had some decent games this season but imo today wasn't one of them and my original point was that taking off Ambrose and Thomas and leaving Holland on when he was doing naff all didn't make sense.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]I tell you what barn door/stevie wonder , Holland stayed on cos once again he was one of the best and most passionate of our players .

Semedo went off cos he had been booked and was a liability therefore , plus he was shocking first half giving away the ball pretty much every time he got it.

Whatever mate. You have your veiw, I'll have mine but if you honestly think that Holland was the best Charlton player on the pitch today I think it's you that has eye trouble.
  • Options
    Ive never been more frustrated than i am at he moment!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcjosh[/cite]Ive never been more frustrated than i am at he moment!!!!!!!!

then the internet is the right place to come to Josh......... :-)
  • Options
    No matter how "well" Holland plays he doesn't actually add anything to a team.
  • Options
    holland staying on wasn't the reason we didn't win
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Big fan of Holland's attitude, but in reality he does very little in the way of 'breaking up play' and just tends to flick the ball on when it comes his way. Still, he shouldn't be victimised in a team that is as appauling as ours!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just to set things straight I'm not on a witch hunt for Holland. Personally I thought he had a poor game today but my point is that there was no need to have 2 defensive midfielders playing today. Subbing ZZ for Ambrose and Thomas for Cook and keeping 2 defensive midfielders on for 80 odd minutes didn't make any sense.
  • Options
    I agree he didnt have a great game but did anyone?
  • Options
    Thomas was having a superb game but was then taken off. Do not understand why. For 20 mins of the 2nd half only one team was going to win that match, us.
    The whole game changed when JT went off.
  • Options
    so what are we saying?pardew hasnt got a clue
  • Options
    I thiought Semedo was awful, if we were making the half time substitution then take him off and bring ZZ into central midfield, Holland was the only player to close down the opposition, what does Semedo do - he receives a ball, takes 2 -3 touches slows down play and half the time gets caught in posession and makes a hurried pass, Ambrois made a couple of good runs, a couple of half decent shots and won a free kick in a dangerous position, despite playing as a winger which he is not, why was Thomas taken off when he was at his most dangerous, he'd even removed the gloves.

Thank god for Henry,at least now we are out of our misery. Swansea anyone?
  • Options
    I must admit that was the best ive seen Thomas play for a long time.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: bald1[/cite]so what are we saying?pardew hasnt got a clue[/quote]

to sum it up YESSSSSSSSS
  • Options
    Very well said Kap!
  • Options
    Thomas was limping when he came off; I assumed it was an injury. Otherwise it was a ridiculous substitution. Cook has been pretty clueless since he arrived.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Cook hasnt been fit hasnt played all season. Not Cooks fault was suppose to replace Reid I suppose lol. Allright if he has a pre season with us in a couple of months time. Nope he will be at Fulham.