Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jonjo Shelvey

Jonjo played for the England Under 16s squad that won the Montaigu Tournament last weekend beating France in the final. They won 5-4 on penalties. 1st time England have won that trophy in 8 years. Well done Jonjo and the rest of the lads.

http://www.thefa.com/England/U16s/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/england_france_report.htm

Comments

• A week of growth hormones and a place in the team next week. Well done to the lad.
  • He's big enough as it is already!!

Well done chaps :)
  • Well done.
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    People who say Arsenal are destroying the English game should look at that link.

Well done to Reading as well.

And is Jacob Walcott related to Theo?
  • Yes they are cousins.
  • Were the previous Charlton youth to play for England schoolboys Sankofa & Stacey Long?
  • Stacey Long did in fact captain the side.

And also scored a stunning volley at Welling. Whatever happened there...
  • Were the previous Charlton youth to play for England schoolboys Sankofa & Stacey Long?

No , Chris Solly last year and Yussuff and Wright the year before and Myles Weston played for them aswell
  • What about (todays sub) Clark ?
  • [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]What about (todays sub) Clark ?

Not an international

I hope he was on the bench because Solly was injured, who is a much better player and should be the next one to make his debut. We already had Basey as a sub left back anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• A few rumours today & few of my West Ham mates have been telling me they are trying to sign Jonjo.
  • Charlton Girl

E is this your daughter If Charlton Boy is your son?

We got the whole Clan on here?
  • I honestly think that Southgate should be concentrating on picking players from the last squads he picked for the Holland and Italy games - He'll have seen them on the training ground @ St. George's Park and will have worked with them.

Sadly those players included the likes of Danny Welbeck which was a waste and think there would be a bit of risk including Shelvey in the England Squad come May (for the pre-warm up games), as it'll be like signing a new player in January i.e. you get the worry they wont integrate in time and wont be effective enough
  • Don't think there is a better English passer of the ball
  • 1. Messi
    2. Shelvy
    3. Ronaldo
  • For me Shelvey and Wilshire are the two best english central midfielders at present.

I've never really rated him in the past, but Oxlade-Chamberlain has been the standout England CM this season for me
  • Sponsored links:

• For me Shelvey and Wilshire are the two best english central midfielders at present.

I've never really rated him in the past, but Oxlade-Chamberlain has been the standout England CM this season for me
    Agreed... Extremely inconsistent under Wenger; Klopp on the other hand is really getting the best out of him
  • Amazed I'm saying this but I think Shelvey should go. We need someone who isn't afraid of the ball even if things aren't going well and who can pick a pass over the top.
  • Shelveys lack of pace has always hurt him but a couple on months ago Sky tore him to bit for 2 bads defensive errors that led to goals and that seems to have really hurt him

He has something different. He is not a typical English midfielder so deserves to be a part of the conversations at the very least
  • A player that needs to play with world class players to get the best out of him.
  • I think if he had any chance of going he would have been involved in the last couple of squads (at least).
  • Greenie said:

A player that needs to play with world class players to get the best out of him.

Shelvey needs a mobile enforcer (Scott Parker in his prime) playing next to him. I love Claus to bits but but a JonJo/Scottie midfield would have been a better pairing.
  • Greenie said:

A player that needs to play with world class players to get the best out of him.

Shelvey needs a mobile enforcer (Scott Parker in his prime) playing next to him. I love Claus to bits but but a JonJo/Scottie midfield would have been a better pairing.
    Had exactly that this season in Mo Diame, they seem to have got the best out of each other
  • I wouldn’t have him anywhere near the England World Cup squad . He’s liable to do something really stupid at a crucial time . Having said that he’s a better player than Henderson and he still keeps getting in the team.