Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big SAM.......

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rothko...

The youngsters who never had a league football club to support and always went and supported "big" teams in the past and have no knowledge of the history etc? Seems harsh to begrudge them that chance!

Just to clear up, i didnt agree with the whole Wimbledon thing etc
  • Options
    It's not harsh at all, the city could support a decent sized club, and the opportunity should have been taken to get MK City or one of the Non league clubs, up and through the system and developed it like that, as the orginal club had or for example Wigan.

Instead they stole a club, tried nicking the history, and harp on about how hard done they are, well f**k em, and all who support them
  • Options
    what is their average gate?
  • Options
    What Rothko said 100%.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]It's not harsh at all, the city could support a decent sized club, and the opportunity should have been taken to get MK City or one of the Non league clubs, up and through the system and developed it like that, as the orginal club had or for example Wigan.
    Can't disagree with any of that.

Just think its harsh to say "f*ck em" to all the 4/5 year olds who started going to the game last year or something with their parents who are trying to introduce them to the game in a league environment at an excellent ground.

Was there as much outrage when the Woolwich lads moved to Highbury. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]It's not harsh at all, the city could support a decent sized club, and the opportunity should have been taken to get MK City or one of the Non league clubs, up and through the system and developed it like that, as the orginal club had or for example Wigan.
    Can't disagree with any of that.

Just think its harsh to say "f*ck em" to all the 4/5 year olds who started going to the game last year or something with their parents who are trying to introduce them to the game in a league environment at an excellent ground.

Was there as much outrage when the Woolwich lads moved to Highbury. ;-)

It's a non arguement, there are a few league clubs in the Milton Keynes areas, if parents where so bothered they could have got to one of those
  • Options

Instead they stole a club, tried nicking the history, and harp on about how hard done they are, well f**k em, and all who support them

So much anger...
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    Out of principal you mean? Why should they?

I admit I am playing Deveil's advocate here but the people of MK are there and there is a league football club there. It's not their fault that the club was derived from underhand and disgusting tactics is it?

If I, for example, was not interested in football loads but lived in MK and my son (he's just turned 5) turns to me and says "Daddy, i played football at school today, can i go and see a game like those on telly?" and i had the choice of the MK stadium and a park i know what i would choose. And i wouldnt expect to be turned on by other football supporters because of it!

Don't get me wrong I feel for the Wimbledon supporters, I really do but to have anger towards "new" supporters of MK Dons seems a bit unfair.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Out of principal you mean? Why should they?

I admit i am playing Deveil's advocate here but the people of MK are there and there is a league football club there. It's not their fault that the club was derived from underhand and disgusting tactics is it?

I've got no sympathy for the idea of a franchise club, or the community who are embracing it. A community so committed to football that it never helped get it's non league clubs up through the system
  • Options
    Oakely dokely, totally appreciate what your saying mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think our focus of disgust is in the wrong direction.

Whichever football authority allowed it to happen shouldnt have done so. Usual bunch of hopeless bureaucrats.

I dont blame the local people once the team was established there.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]

So much anger...

Sitting here in MK, the fact is that they are here. Who are the villains of the peace, not the fans (Everybody in MK's second team), not the management, not the player. So where to lay the blame - well there is the owner Winkleman, he took advantage of the situation, then there is the wimbledon board at the time that under funded and bleed the club dry, the fans who were voiciferous in their condemnation but lacked numbers in their support, or the FA and Football League that allowed it, but more than anyone it was merton council who continually blocked all moves for Wimbledon to go back to their roots near Plough Lane. So Rothko may want to F*** MK and its fans, but remember there are a whole load of candidates closer to home that deserve consideration, in addition.
  • Options
    pp_womble_haydon.jpg
  • Options
    I'm with Rothko on this
  • Options
    Just going back to Paul Ince....

I like him a hes a proper bloke and ill still remeber that 35 yard swirled in the wind that he scored years back in late 80's i think... peach of a goal...

for now though to be honest Id be happy to bting in alladyce, even if he is a northerner
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'll be tempted by Ince, as it would f*** up those Franchise wankers god and proper

Couldn't agree more! Pity they got to Wembley.
  • Options
    merton council were actually for wimbledon going back to merton the problem was finding them a suitable area to play at as plough lane and the site was not an option. This site had been sold in a supermarket chain about ten yrs ago but they never got planning permission and is currently being turned into flats.

The villans of this piece are that sleazy slimeball winkleman, the FA and Sam Hamman. Empty promises were made by winkleman, the FA should of stopped the hole thing, and as we are seeing with Cardiff Sam Hamman is only ever looking after number one.

The real Wimbledon are second in the Rymans and should hopefully win the playoffs.

I had to turn the game over on sunday all that pro MK commentary was disgusting
  • Options
    And we really stood our ground on principles here (not), when we coughed up £1.5M for McLeod...
  • Options
    did a few yrs back when we cancelled a friendly against them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]we coughed up £1.5M for McLeod...

another reason to dislike MK , that has to go down as daylight robbery
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    a lot of us pinched our noses when that deal was done. I was really uneasy giving them any money.