Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who are ya?

2»

Comments

• Options
    i went to the kimble twins game at man city and thankfully we lost so they got promoted or we'd have been killed that was on MOTD , i think i've got it in my dusty video archive collection
  • Options
    yeah killer or flash were the only ones whoever got a rare spot in the footy mags
  • Options
    Remember that Leicester 2-1 game first day of the season, blew the engine up coming home. Thought it was our year, next game we lost 5-0 to Wolves.
  • Options
    For nostalgia try and catch The Big Match re-runs on ITV4.

Always an Addick connection as well.Last week Colin Walsh in his Forest days.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I can't believe anyone over the age of 12 actually watches this.
    I take it you haven't seen it for at least 10 years. It's more aimed at teenagers and young men now, there's a big emphasis on loads of surgically enhanced half dress bimbos.
  • Options
    I'm old enough to remember the teleprinter. Vidiprinter Bah, new fangled rubbish.

[cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]How about when a team scored 6 or more, it would read 6 (six), 7 (Seven) just in case you thought you were seeing things.

That was great. I still long to see a Charlton scored spelt out in that way.
  • Options
    Remember high scoring games (6-2 Southampton, 5-2 Burnley) only thing was they were games not played on a Saturday.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Remember as a kid having to sit through the wrestling on Saturday afternoons waiting for the printer to come on. The wrestling so so obviously fixed but it was worth the wait for the printer.

I cannot believe you watched crappy WOS on ITV when you had the far superior Grandstand on the Beeb. Their teleprinter was much better, noiser and you had dear old Len Martin to read the classifieds.
    Then you had all the results again after the news about 5.15 with Tony Gubba, just before Basil Brush or Rolf Harris Show.
    "Telegram claims are required for 23 1/2 or 24 points"!

You can shove your Fred Dinages!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Remember as a kid having to sit through the wrestling on Saturday afternoons waiting for the printer to come on. The wrestling so so obviously fixed but it was worth the wait for the printer.

I cannot believe you watched crappy WOS on ITV when you had the far superior Grandstand on the Beeb. Their teleprinter was much better, noiser and you had dear old Len Martin to read the classifieds.
    Then you had all the results again after the news about 5.15 with Tony Gubba, just before Basil Brush or Rolf Harris Show.
    "Telegram claims are required for 23 1/2 or 24 points"!

You can shove your Fred Dinages!

We watched both. I think it had something to do with which side was showing the races my dad had had a bet on in the bookies in Abbey Wood Village. What was the ITV Seven.

Scrambling was on a lot. Maybe we had the wrestling on when Eddie Warring was doing Rugby League on the other side.

"Telegram claims are required" Great name for a book. Great example of how wrong all the lottery shows are and so OTT.
  • Options
    its such a shame the pools has died in the way it has.

Even if Charlton weren't playing you'd still sitt there and watch all the results come in.

Unless i've got a bet on, i turn off after the championship. (ok sometimes i look to see if Millwall got beat again)