Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away teams have picked up on our "support"

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]but the whole point of professional football is to have people pay to watch you perform,if you dont surely people who have paid money have the right to vent their frustrations.

I agree
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]but the whole point of professional football is to have people pay to watch you perform,if you dont surely people who have paid money have the right to vent their frustrations.

I agree

It's a crazy argument as there are two teams - both trying to stop the other perform. Therefore one will not 'perform' and sometimes it will be the team you want to do so. It's logical.

Besides, even if we agree that you have 'the right' - what good does it ever do?
  • Options
    but i just dont buy into the poor soles it affects them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]but i just dont buy into the poor soles it affects them.

Well, I think it does. I can't prove it and we'll simply have to agree to disagree.

But I would suggest that you stop referring to them ironically as 'poor souls.' I know that this stems from the fact that they earn a lot more than you and I, but this is one thing that we have to try not to think about as this is really the root of the problem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]but i just dont buy into the poor soles it affects them.

I agree with that too. Part of the game is being tough enough to deal with it. Perhaps some of them should work in the real world. All they have to do is bust a gut for 90 minutes, christ how hard can it be. If they don't like it then they should do something to make sure it doesn't damned well happen again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

I agree with that too. Part of the game is being tough enough to deal with it. Perhaps some of them should work in the real world. All they have to do is bust a gut for 90 minutes, christ how hard can it be. If they don't like it then they should do something to make sure it doesn't damned well happen again.

As I said, we'll have to agree to disagree. I think it does affect them whether you think it should or not. Surely our home results are proof enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]

Well, I think it does. I can't prove it and we'll simply have to agree to disagree.

But I would suggest that you stop referring to them ironically as 'poor souls.' I know that this stems from the fact that they earn a lot more than you and I, but this is one thing that we have to try not to think about as this is really the root of the problem.

you seem to be cotridicting yerself here. On the one hand don't abuse them but on the other you recognise why. If say Thomas has a bad game, doesn't look as if he is bothered but still picks up his 10k pw and then a couple of days later you see a picture of him staggering out of Funky Buddha with say Pennant and Bent it hardly endears you to the twat does it.
  • Options
    I'm not saying that I recognise why is that manner. I would agree with you if Thomas, for example, didn't look like he was bothered, and then I saw him staggering out the Funky Buddha. But in reality judging by what I've seen he does seem to be putting in the effort and I haven't seen any such pictures.

What I do recognise is that thay earn a lot of money and I think that as a result people feel alienated from them so at the slightest hint of less than 100% effort (whether or not it really is the case) people will just boo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]I'm not saying that I recognise why is that manner. I would agree with you if Thomas, for example, didn't look like he was bothered, and then I saw him staggering out the Funky Buddha. But in reality judging by what I've seen he does seem to be putting in the effort and I haven't seen any such pictures.

What I do recognise is that thay earn a lot of money and I think that as a result people feel alienated from them so at the slightest hint of less than 100% effort (whether or not it really is the case) people will just boo.

if we are on Live he's bothered otherwise he's just pants. And you are right, fans are now so unattached from players, bad performances do attract negative reactions from those that pay their wages.