Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lap of Honour

If the players do a lap of honour on sunday, and i think it would be more benificial to do something before the game rather than after as it could prove to be very embaressing for the players and the club, would u stay around?

If a player threw his shirt into the crowd at the end whose shirt would u make an attempt to get and whose would u think "i aint going for that"

Comments

• Options
    If he was still here, I'd have gone for Andy Reid's as it's probably the only one that would fit me!
  • Options
    Literally think it will either be booed or there will be under a couple of thousand there. Club should use their common sense on this one.
  • Options
    we should all walk out as the clock hits 85 minutes to show our displeasure of the season. Would be more constructive than just booing and really make a point to Pardew.
  • Options
    lets all rush onto the pitch, grab Pards and boo in his face.....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]we should all walk out as the clock hits 85 minutes to show our displeasure of the season. Would be more constructive than just booing and really make a point to Pardew.[/quote]

would they notice the difference?
  • Options
    I think you may be right - it could well be embarrassing!

I think we've all got used to the traditional second half of the season slump by now and our seasons never seem to end on a high. (Play off final excepted).

Even when we won the league we stuttered across the line with a series of dismal performances - getting presented with the trophy after getting played off the pitch by Ipswich. We are never allowed on the pitch either - something that is seen all over the country when other clubs are promoted or have a success of some kind but we are expected to be more refined (and boring) than that!

I guess it depends to a degree on the performance on the day - if it is good then there will be a bit more interest in the players but if it is another dire effort then I suspect the ground will be virtually empty if/when they come back out.
  • Options
    but havent they tended lately to do the lap immediately at final whistle rather than go inside and come back? Im sure they did that three seasons ago (not curbs last game) as was worried no one would be there?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]we should all walk out as the clock hits 85 minutes to show our displeasure of the season. Would be more constructive than just booing and really make a point to Pardew.

Most people leave after 85 minutes anyway!
  • Options
    I won't be there whether they do it immediately or not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be there, clapping the players that have tried, and are likely to leave at the end of the season and PV of course!
  • Options
    what on earth is the point in being so negative?

Hopefully there will be several thousand to clap them politely to show that we are ready to roar them onto a much better season next year.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]but havent they tended lately to do the lap immediately at final whistle rather than go inside and come back? Im sure they did that three seasons ago (not curbs last game) as was worried no one would be there?

They took a while last year - so much so that people who initially stayed were drifting off out rather than keep waiting. I did stay last season but not so sure I will this time. I really don't feel any connection with many of the current bunch at all.

The only exceptions I would make to that would be Holland, Weaver and McCarthy who at least seem to try and interact with the crowd to some degree but for the rest? Even when we score - rare occasions I know - the players seem to be more interested in congratulating each other than going to the crowd!
  • Options
    The point is to show us the fans are not happy with their disgraceful standards this season. The defending at times has been like a carry on film.
  • Options
    And the support has been more reminiscent of a pantomine than a football match...
  • Options
    I think there will be those that care and those that don't.
    The ones that don't will either slope off, or walk around half hearted, and there will be those that do appreciate the fans and the support that will put a bit more effort in, and those are the ones i'll stay till the end for.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]And the support has been more reminiscent of a pantomine than a football match...

don't speak for everyone there, some of us can hold our heads high for what we've put into this season
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    I'm not speaking for everyone but by the same token, some of the players can hold their heads up high for what they've put in this season as well and deserve the credit.

I'll be there politely clapping the players i feel have contributed i just hope that those who stay behind don't boo and/or shout out "f*ck off you c*nt" and similar things which i've heard on a number of occasions at home this season.

Its a chance to show appreciation to players if you want to, if you don't want to and/or abuse them then please go home.

Only my opinion of course.
  • Options
    I will be there and only clap certain players as and when they come round, Holland,ZZ,Varney, Weaver, Paddy are a few in my opinion that can look at us and well we gave it a go, as fro the shirts i would go for any of the mentioned and if the likes of Thomas shirt landed on my lap i would sell it for a tenner and send him the money for his cab fare seeing he wishs to leave
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]And the support has been more reminiscent of a pantomine than a football match...
    Oh no it hasn't! :-p
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His behind u
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]If the players do a lap of honour on sunday, and i think it would be more benificial to do something before the game ...........

I agree with you, WIWLB - do the lap of 'honour(!)' immediately before the game.

It might just rouse the crowd, which might just rouse the players .......
    It might just have the right effect.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I'll be there, clapping the players that have tried, and are likely to leave at the end of the season and PV of course!

point taken, and I agree, but as they go past and you are clapping they can't tell that you are clapping Matt Holland but not say Jerome Thomas and so those that havn't performed get the same applause as those that have. Collectively we've been a shower of shite and I feel my reaction will show that.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick

point taken, and I agree, but as they go past and you are clapping they can't tell that you are clapping Matt Holland but not say Jerome Thomas and so those that havn't performed get the same applause as those that have. Collectively we've been a shower of shite and I feel my reaction will show that.

Can you imagine if they did one of those US type things where they read out the players names so they can be applauded individually?

Announcer: JEROME THOMAS

Complete silence - apart from somebody's watch ticking and one of the stewards sneezing!
  • Options
    the club needs some positive PR, and get the fans back onside, i would have all the squad players outside the turnstiles before the game so kids could get the picture taken with them as well as get there autographs, free token for fans to buy themselves a soft drink/coffee/tea or a pint, a scarf to be handed out to all fans as they go through the turnstiles, and a public address by the manager and captin at full time, do not go out on a downer because Mr Pardew you will need the fans more than you have ever needed them before in your playing and manageing carrer, so get smart,
  • Options
    I think these so called laps of honour became the norm the season before we won the play off's.I remember at home to sheff utd staying and clapping and have done so ever since.I really dont know if i will this season because as Large says how can you just clap the players who have put it in when the other dross is with them as well and i for one are sick of the sight of them.
  • Options
    Why should they bother they are only doing their jobs.
  • Options
    After the season we have had, I find the idea of the players taking a lap of honour embarrasing to be honest.
  • Options
    isn't it now called a 'lap of appreciation'
  • Options
    in that case can we choose who we want to do the lap theothers can have their showers and p**s off.