Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegating other teams

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
I think i'm right in the fact that if results go against them, there is a chance we can relegate Cov on Saturday.

Other than the tremendous occasion of relegating Palace a couple of years ago, what other games can people remember where the result against us has seen another side relegated ?

Comments

• Options
    Leicester City.

Although i bet there are alot of clubs that have played us the last game of the season and stayed as they got the result in which they needed
  • Options
    We relegated Carlisle when we were promoted in 86.

And Bolton at home in 83 (4-1)
  • Options
    sorry mate we can't relegate anyone saturday !!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]We relegated Carlisle when we were promoted in 86.

thought they were already down
  • Options
    we have to win by shed loads of goals smudge i think and by shed loads i mean more than we have scored at home all season
  • Options
    the reason we can't is we are playing sunday you planks
  • Options
    big chris up front on his own should do it then
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]we have to win by shed loads of goals smudge i think and by shed loads i mean more than we have scored at home all season

unless southampton get a win against west brom tonight of course.
  • Options
    'Cos I am a sentimental old soul, and the team suffering are usually us by another name (Palarse being the obvious exception), I hate that "going down" chant aimed at a bunch of supporters just like us. If it were, by some miracle one of the greedy four, then I would join in with gusto!
  • Options
    if Saints fail to get a point tonight I think Coventry are safe. If not then there is no better team to play than us if you need a win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to Port Vale away 1992, midweek, drew 1-1, Stevie Gritts 95th min leveller put them down.
  • Options
    My issue is Karma what goes around comes around

we relegate Place then with 2 seasons we are down if we do it to cov who knows what bad Karma it will bring heres hoping for a baggies win
  • Options
    "Went to Port Vale away 1992, midweek, drew 1-1, Stevie Gritts 95th min leveller put them down."

I went to that one too. My mate drove and his exhaust fell off at Northampton. Got to a quick fit, fixed it and then floored it all the way up there. Got there at half time (after initially following the floodlights to Stoke's ground who's reserves were playing) got in for free and saw both goals. Stopped in an offy on the way home and bought a crate of redstripe for the journey home!
  • Options
    I had a "must attend" sales meeting that evening, so couldn't go. (so glad that's all behind me...) Ended up sitting in my car on Blackheath, listening to commentary on RTM, because I couldn't get a signal in Penge.
  • Options
    We relegated Leeds from the Prem a couple of years back with that 3-3 at Elland Road.
  • Options
    who did we relegate to the third tier when we were a no show at wba and lost 2-0 last game of the season in our title winning year of 2000
  • Options
    We kindly gave Chelsea a helping hand to relegation via the play-offs.Battle of the Bridge.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]We relegated Carlisle when we were promoted in 86.

I think they were level with 4th bottom team with one game to play.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    The Posh at The Valley with Garry Nelson getting a hatrick, I think it finished 5-1.
  • Options
    "Went to Port Vale away 1992, midweek, drew 1-1, Stevie Gritts 95th min leveller put them down. "

Top 3 alltime biggest loops on a terrace I've been in.

OoohAaah broke the land speed record running towards the Vale fans. . .

great times
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]"Went to Port Vale away 1992, midweek, drew 1-1, Stevie Gritts 95th min leveller put them down. "

great times

I was at that game too, but I can't remember it being the game that got the relegated....must be lost in the mists of time.

I remember we were crap that night though and did not really deserve a point but their keeper made a hash of a corner and Gritty drove it through crowd of bodies for a leveller - cue mass hysteria from the 200 Addick packed into the away end!!!
  • Options
    me and my brother were playing darts at the abbeymeade that night place went beserk when on my radio walkman (fecking massive it was) on capital gold that result came through no wonder there was only 200 at Port Vale most were in there
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]"Went to Port Vale away 1992, midweek, drew 1-1, Stevie Gritts 95th min leveller put them down. "

great times

there seemed a lot more than 200 there.

I was at that game too, but I can't remember it being the game that got the relegated....must be lost in the mists of time.

I remember we were crap that night though and did not really deserve a point but their keeper made a hash of a corner and Gritty drove it through crowd of bodies for a leveller - cue mass hysteria from the 200 Addick packed into the away end!!![/quote]
  • Options
    Only 200 ......where's OohAaaaargh when you need him ....... ??????

;o)
  • Options
    there were a lot more than 200. Great sprint to the left when we scored. Remember that the main Port Vale singers in that stand changed ends for the one which they were attacking which i thought was cool.

Strange, always thought in my mind it finished 2-2, and never knew it relegated them. Not convinced that fact is correct to be honest.
  • Options
    definately more than 200 i remember 600 being banded about at the time.WIWLB don't you remember we walked into a boozer and scooby was there,completely out of the blue.
  • Options
    We had 800+ there that night. A lot of coaches up there and was hairy around there after.

Oooh Aaah asked a steward after he went through the turnstile and he confirmed 800. lol.
  • Options
    If i remember correctly, about a dozen of us met around Hillsys Up's house and had a couple of cans in his garden before getting the coach up there.

Feels a very long time ago now !
  • Options
    Wasn't there a draw with Ipswich when we were on the way up ....

which helped send Millwall down?
  • Options
    it was