Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First Holiday

2»

Comments

• Options
    Going with my nan to the cattle market at Sandwich and screaming me head off seeing the young cattle having their ears punched and blood going everywhere. Silence of The Lambs ! actually that explains alot now i think of it !.
  • Options
    One of my Aunts had a caravan at Warden Point on Sheppy so when nan got to old we used to get thrown down there. Going cockling in the Thames mud (now they call it slave labour!).
  • Options
    Probably up in Blackpool as my family are all northerners!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite] a few weeks at a caravan park in reculver. don't know which was earliest, but reculver was where i first met oohahh. the turn out at the park was a little disappointing ;-)

yep forgotten that name , reculver, poor showing considering it was on the coast and a new trip;-)
    and first lads holiday was in magaluf...pathetic on the pulling front;-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Probably up in Blackpool as my family are all northerners!
    Bet you had a whale of a time mate
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]can remember a holiday camp in abergele (north wales), and a few weeks at a caravan park in reculver. don't know which was earliest, but reculver was where i first met oohahh. the turn out at the park was a little disappointing ;-)

First Reculver memory was listening to the entertainment at night whilst tucked up in the tent; every night at the same time a rendition of 'Green Door' could be heard throughout the campsite. Got a tad tedious after the xth night ....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]IOW when news broke Elvis had died

Funny KB & myself (along with our three other siblings) were recounting this over the weekend as we stood outside our Grandparents house in Ireland. We spent every summer holiday in Bailieboro Co Cavan and KB & I heard it first on his little blue transitor radio. He ran out to tell the old's and they didn't believe him. I was overjoyed as I thought I'd never hear another Elvis song again..........oh dear!

Happy days...............when it didn't rain, which didn't happen often!
  • Options
    i am not sure which one was first but two holidays ring bells.

1. Leysdown for a week, one of our neughbours went and split his toe open on a step outside the chalet. Best memory was going out to a bouy that seemed hundreds of yards off shore on one of those inflatable tyre things and a lilo with my stepdad - it obviously wasn't too far our as by the time we were half way back the tide was out and we ended up having to drag the tyre and lilo back through a shitload of mud.

2. A caravan in Great Yarmouth, remember me and my brother spending inordinate amounts of time playing asteroids in the arcade so that we had the top 10 scores
  • Options
    I had a spell in hospital as a young kid and went to Reculver for convalescence (there's a word you don't hear anymore).

All I can really remember was that the caravan was a gaudy shade of purple and collecting cuttle fish off the beach for the budgie. I was about 6 at the time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Probably up in Blackpool as my family are all northerners!
    Bet you had a whale of a time mate

A massive whale of a time?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i spent my 1st ever holidays on the downham estate, my mum used to walk me to the bus stop at widmore green and send me off with a packed suitcase,and wave goodbye, i only had enough money for the bus fare.i did odd jobs for my gran to earn some pocket money and used to love playing footy in the streets with the local lads,really safe with not many cars and me gran would let us come and go as we please,an added bonus was going with my uncle jimmy in his austin a30 to watch charlton play,never ad nothin,but well happy.
  • Options
    My mum's family came from the east end and I remember going hop picking in the 1950s around Yalding way. Slept in huts on straw mattresses and cooked on open fires outside. Just remember playing along the river all day nearly drowning in the weir and my sister going to hospital with a burnt eye from cinders she stirred up from the fire playing with a stick. Went up-market the next year and took a wooden caravan in a disused haunted chalk pit next to Manston Aerodrome called "Dead Donkeys Hole" - something to do with a smuggler and his donkey falling down the pit but thinking about it could have been just named after a shitty place!