Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Kits

Comments

• Options
    bring back Bukta

There again i like a lot of the Puma stuff
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Any further news re kit launch / new sponsor.
    Have heard that home kit is red with a white squared area on the shoulders and that the white kit has a black and a red band across it - bit like mid 90's that was similar to a Sampdoria design.
    Also that Joma might become our sponsor as well as kit manufacturer.

Where did you hear that?

Friend of a friend (non charlton fan) who delivers stuff to Charlton.
  • Options
    Cant wait for new kit.....
  • Options
    And new DVD so I can see how we have been playing ; )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]And new DVD so I can see how we have been playing ; )
    There was another thread about the DVD - don't think it's gonna happen this year...
  • Options
    I hear the seasons highlight DVD has a health warning on the label, only watch if you are on Prozac.
  • Options
    sorry to bring this up again but is there any news?i really want the new kit before i go on holiday so i can show it off.
  • Options
    as long as u don't go on holiday before March u will be ok
  • Options
    so weve got the same kit next season with just a diff sponsor?
  • Options
    No. It's a new kit, but (going on previous seasons) there'll be just about enough to supply the first team for the start of the season.. The shop should have some by September.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]No. It's a new kit, but (going on previous seasons) there'll be just about enough to supply the first team for the start of the season.. The shop should have some by September.

Why have we never got our new kit in before mid September? Most clubs changing kits have them featured on Soccer AM in May and april. I am sure peeps would buy them to take on holiday if they were available pre summer holidays, get 'em ruined on the beach and buy another one on their return.
  • Options
    agreed Kap would perfect commercial sense to launch a kit in May enabling fans to buy it for themslves or there kids for their summer hols rather than just get 250 in in the second week in September as per normal. Personally I think they could be struggling on a sponsor front
  • Options
    Not strictly true, I got the Sea Hawk & Denim away shirt from Bexleyheath before going on Holiday in early August last year, although I do believe they should be in stores by early July at the latest every season.
  • Options
    great time to launch a kit early august considering the season started week two of august as I said punters would buy the top to go on holiday in June and July
  • Options
    Surely the new Chief Exec should be making changes like this. The club are missing out on important revenue. Summer is here well looking at the poxy weather you would want the winter training gear out aswell. The club said its going to be displayed in July.

JD Sports was mentioned as our new sponsors on addicketed.net.
  • Options
    isn't it just typical charlton.look at high profile clubs launch there kit last game of the season shirt sales go through the roof enabling the manager to have more funds hardly rocket science
  • Options
    I guess that's what happens when you always have obscure manufacturers.....although Joma appear slightly (just) better than some we've had.
  • Options
    Easy, pro-star, we used to get a kit for our Sunday team every season, and they do a nice catalogue............. :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah let's sell the shirts with no sponsor and then ask everyone to return them to get the sponsor's name ironed on. You know it makes sense :-)
  • Options
    or should we not have negotiated a sponsor months ago......that would have more economical sense
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    According to Richard Murray we've been trying. Perhaps we're taking a bit more time with our past record.
  • Options
    Henry Irving, why are you such a wally?

It's all here

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Aston_Villa/Aston_Villa.htm

Rangers fans will believe anything won't they?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Henry Irving, why are you such a wally?

It's all here

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Aston_Villa/Aston_Villa.htm

Rangers fans will believe anything won't they?

You're the "wally" If you are going to refer to something as proof then at least read it first.

Villa were playing in claret and blue when Rangers were ONE year old and Hearts had just been formed.

As it says "McGregor was a teetotaller, a Methodist and an evangelist, and he wanted to do something to help that part of the city. He had seen his first football match in Scotland at the age of eight and a couple of years after Aston Villa was formed he offered to help."

So the claret and blue was already in place BEFORE McGregor the Scotsman became involved.

One thing we can all agree on is that the champions of Scotland play in green and white hoops. Nuff said : - )
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    "The Scottish connection is evident in the clubs early choice of colours, which were initially described as "cardinal red and royal blue stripes" (ie hoops - vertical stripes did not appear until the 1880s). According to Tony Matthews, the dark red represented Hearts and the royal blue, Rangers."

Nuff said?

The champions of Scotland 51 times are Rangers, how many times have the green and white hoops won it?

Rangers were robbed of it this year and you know it!

So don't start me off or I might just have to come down there and sort you out!!!

I bet you weren't even there when we first sung Henry Irving, was you Ben?
  • Options
    where is the love??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]"The Scottish connection is evident in the clubs early choice of colours, which were initially described as "cardinal red and royal blue stripes" (ie hoops - vertical stripes did not appear until the 1880s). According to Tony Matthews, the dark red represented Hearts and the royal blue, Rangers."

Nuff said?

The champions of Scotland 51 times are Rangers, how many times have the green and white hoops won it?

Rangers were robbed of it this year and you know it!

So don't start me off or I might just have to come down there and sort you out!!!

I bet you weren't even there when we first sung Henry Irving, was you Ben?

Barca play in red and blue as a tribute to Palace and Real Madrid copied Leeds all white kit.

The Villa/Rangers/Hearts dates don't add up, there is no evidence given to back up what Tony Matthews, whoever he is, claims and you haven't explained why a team in Birmingham would choose to copy the colours of two teams that were only a year or so old that they most likely would never have heard of. (no tv, radio, no Scotish Cup or Scottish League). It's wishful thinking and that is all.

I think Celtic have won the league 42 times now to add to their European Cup. Rangers have won it 50.5 times not 51 as the first was shared with Dumbarton (The Sons actually had the better goal difference).

Dumbarton play in gold and black which "proves" that Wolves took their colours from them. I can't offer any proof for this but it's true because it says so on the internet (here) and they are 4 years younger.

I'm not as ancient as you DFT so wasn't meeting up for away trips in the late sixties/early 70s by my statue but my brother was. Hence I knew the chant long before I adpoted the name. You see, dates are quite important when you are trying to work out when and in what order things happened and which influenced the others.

Live, love, laugh and be happy/ Hail, Hail
  • Options
    If Charlton are unable to get a sponsor why not use the space on the shirts to give exposure to a charity, like they do at Barcelona?
    Although a cynical friend of mine said that Barca have never had sponsorship on their shirts and by breaking tradition by advertising UNICEF they can now accept corporate sponsorship in the future.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]If Charlton are unable to get a sponsor why not use the space on the shirts to give exposure to a charity, like they do at Barcelona?
    Although a cynical friend of mine said that Barca have never had sponsorship on their shirts and by breaking tradition by advertising UNICEF they can now accept corporate sponsorship in the future.
    I think some money, rather than none is a far better option at the moment.

If we don't go up this year then expect to see sponsors on the shorts and back of the shirts as well in 2009/10
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]where is the love??

I love you Nolly and I love DFT - in a manly platonic way, of course : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]If Charlton are unable to get a sponsor why not use the space on the shirts to give exposure to a charity, like they do at Barcelona?

I think Barca actually pay UNICEF to have the sponsor, think we're skint enough as it is.