Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Kits

13»

Comments

• Options
    I think Barca actually pay UNICEF to have the sponsor, think we're skint enough as it is.
    [/quote]

I am sure they are paying UNICEF huge donation, but will be interesting to see what happens in future, speaking as a slightly jealous ex international development charity person who would have loved to have UNICEF unrestricted funds!
  • Options
    edited May 2008

isn't it just typical charlton.look at high profile clubs launch there kit last game of the season shirt sales go through the roof enabling the manager to have more funds hardly rocket science

Except that isn't the case. The kit manufacturer pays the club a vast sum and then makes all the money on sales. The only extra money the club would make would be the retail mark-up on shirts sold through the club shop. So if the shirt went on sale earlier and the club sold a total of say 3000 shirts in may, june and july (and I think that's a very generous estimate), then it would only add the huge amount of £30,000 - £45,000 to the transfer kitty.

The big clubs launch their kits early as the majority of sales are abroad and they therefore need the new kit shown on worldwide tv to let their "fans" know its out. It's different when the vast majority of your fans base is in the uk and the majority of your shirt sales are through your club shop. There's absolutely no guarantee that having a big name manufacturer would make any difference (e.g. did the villa and west ham kit get launched last day of the season? I don't think so,but they're both Umbro)
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Ever been to one of their games?
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yes, been to a Celtic game, thanks for asking.
  • Options
    I've been coerced into going to see Ireland v Colombia tonite at Craven Cottage.

Think we're in one of the front rows, so may get a soaking in the process.

Intend giving Deano a chant!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]I've been coerced into going to see Ireland v Colombia tonite at Craven Cottage.

On Sky they just said that it was going to be at either Craven Cottage or The Valley but it turned out to be Fulham.
  • Options
    Yes do hurry up with the kits Charlton, am dying to be fleeced of another £98!

Bring back Osca and the peeling badge.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Yes, been to a Celtic game, thanks for asking.[/quote]

You enjoyed the anti-British republican IRA love fest then did you?

Oh I forgot the "Soon they'll be no Protestants at all" song
  • Options
    Let's see how many different topics we can get in one thread b4 AFKA and Lookout go beserk!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Let's see how many different topics we can get in one thread b4 AFKA and Lookout go beserk!

Personally I blame the Kaiser for World War One. If his father, Frederick, had lived he would have taken a less agressive, anti-British stance and moved Germany towards democracy.

Anyone disagree?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Yes, been to a Celtic game, thanks for asking.

You enjoyed the anti-British republican IRA love fest then did you?

Oh I forgot the "Soon they'll be no Protestants at all" song

Whatever
  • Options
    It's the youth of today that are the problem. Bring back National service!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]It's the youth of today that are the problem. Bring back National service!

Too soft for them. Bring back flogging. I was flogged daily for 10 years and it made me the man I am today.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] I was flogged daily for 10 years and it made me the man I am today.

It must be a relief that you're now able to reveal the details of your sordid private life, now that you've stepped down from your mantle as fans director! Apparently Sue was a gunrunner in her pre-director days :0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    I was flogged daily for 10 years and it made me the man I am today.

It must be a relief that you're now able to reveal the details of your sordid private life, now that you've stepped down from your mantle as fans director! Apparently Sue was a gunrunner in her pre-director days :0)

No, that was Craig. Many's the time he and I sailed up the delta in Nam buying M16s and rocket launchers to sell on in the souk in Marakesh. The money was good but the pension and sick pay was terrible.

After that got into dealing with slaves and something inside of him died.

I was working in the great north woods for a spell until one day the action fell. Then one day I turned on a late night station and my life was saved by rock n roll