Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walking -- walk the coast

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2008
    think you might regret bringing this up as we arent going to let you stop.
  • Options
    B thats the nicest way anyone has tried to get rid of me ever ! it usually ends with the second word being OFF !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]thought about cycling it instead?

you can easily do 30/40 miles each day and you still get to see the sights

cycling might be harder on those single track paths...

be fine with a decent mountain bike! might actually be fun!
  • Options
    Either ride it normally or walk it in an Arsenal shirt.

All in the name of charity of course....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Either ride it normally or walk it in an Arsenal shirt.

All in the name of charity of course....

Ideal.

GH, I forgotten that you don't have my supernatural powers. You could walk along the banks of the Thames instead though
  • Options
    I'll do a walk with you mate, not sure about the whole coast though, maybe the Kent & Sussex coasts
  • Options
    I would as well

Ok Herne Bay to Whistable LOL
  • Options
    If and of course at present its an if i did it might have to write a book , how about "The Herberts Hike" or "How to pi55 of the natives" or " I walk 3,000 miles and all i got was sore feet" or "f**k this next time ill drive !" or "The Last Englishman goes walkabout"
  • Options
    "How many pubs we went in on our trip"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]How about walking the Thames... It's varied - countryside, towns, cities, Medway slums etc

Since when were the 'Medway slums' on the Thames?!?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How about

Charlton "Walk For" Life

for a kids charity etc
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    There is on the web a group site that started a walk round Britain in 2005 for charity it was going to be 6,000 miles and take over a year. Other than the first page there is no update , i think the scousers ate em !

Im game (so the ladies tell me) for the charity thing maybe next summer for 3/4 months. Would take that time to plan.maybe be the Devon/Cornwall stretch ? For me the whole coast thing is a bit more personal sort of a farewell thingy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]How about walking the Thames... It's varied - countryside, towns, cities, Medway slums etc

Since when were the 'Medway slums' on the Thames?!?!

I've no idea where the slums are but I imagine that Chatham is near the river. Isn't that a medway town?
  • Options
    Oh dear Henry
  • Options
    ok ok ok Medway is the clue we all know that !

Walk through places like walderslade ? drive through it in a bulldoser maybe
  • Options
    Anyone done any serious walking before ?
  • Options
    I did the 3 peak challenge once
  • Options
    well i dont walk for a laugh ?

I wouldnt wanna do the head down arse up "must do 15 miles today pant pant pant" f**k all that. My pace or no pace.
  • Options
    I peaked 3 times once (i was much younger then)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Anyone done any serious walking before ?

I went to the bakers yesterday, bought some lovely bread too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I walked from the car to the Beefeater in Gravesend last night.

In seriousness, did a charity walk once from Riverhead in Sevenoaks back to Dartford, not major but very hot summers day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HenryIrvine[/cite]I've no idea where the slums are but I imagine that Chatham is near the river. Isn't that a medway town?

Oh dear. You really should get out of the boardroom more often Henners
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HenryIrvine[/cite]I've no idea where the slums are but I imagine that Chatham is near the river. Isn't that a medway town?

I do but the limo has darkened glass so I don't know what parts of town they are taking me through. As long as the bubbly is flowing and the massage continues why look out the window
  • Options
    D and I do the odd country walk.....only about 6 or 7 miles, nothing as daunting as this.
  • Options

And whose Henry Irvine????????
  • Options
    How much would people give to Demelza to see Goonerhater do his walk in an Arsenal shirt?:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]How much would people give to Demelza to see Goonerhater do his walk in an Arsenal shirt?:-)

£6.50
  • Options
    I could not think of 1 thing i would do with anyone (no matter how big her cheast was) in an Arsenal shirt ! actually not 100% true there one thing i might do with an Arsenal shirt but toilet humour is frowned upon on this board !!!
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Gump fella De told me she liked the walks but you kept coming home !! (smilly face thingy)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]And whose Henry Irvine????????

He lives in Medway.... right next to the River Thames