Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walking -- walk the coast

13»

Comments

• Options
    Looking on the bright side it looks like you might have cut a mile or two off the distance you have to cover:

slightly less coast
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Anyone done any serious walking before ?[/quote]

I did a three day/two night trek in northern hills of Thailand a couple of years back, walked around 25 miles, or so it felt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]I peaked 3 times at once (i was much younger then))

Blimey! My all time hero !

;o)
  • Options
    There is a rumour AFKA has done the full monty walk all 6,000 miles. He was 6 foot 8 when he started !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]There is a rumour AFKA has done the full monty walk all 6,000 miles. He was 6 foot 8 when he started !!!

And he can walk on water ......
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oggy it was the evening after i had scored 6 against LAC rovers, beat Chris Slattery in an arm wrestling contest at half time as well. You must remember son u asked for my autograph before those three honeys drove me off in their sports car.

Fame HA i laugh inits face !
  • Options
    Chris Slattery - that's a name from the past didnt he use to go to away games on Lewis coaches with loads of scarfs tied round his waist. If so, iI think it was his Mrs that got hit on the head with a brick at Halifax?
  • Options
    Ere Gooner Hater

Have you heard Sir Ian Botham has appealed for people to help him on one of his walks . Starting in Taunton. Sounds right up your street.

It was advertised on Talksport just now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Oggy it was the evening after i had scored 6 against LAC rovers, beat Chris Slattery in an arm wrestling contest at half time as well. You must remember son u asked for my autograph before those three honeys drove me off in their sports car.

Fame HA i laugh inits face !

Gooner Hater ..... just found this thread again, I was playing football last night, so wasn't on the site.
    Must have been an off day for LAC Rovers - I don't remember us shipping 6 goals against Barnehurst.;o)

Me ask for your autograph? ...Don't think so...... sure it wasn't you who asked for mine...? hehe

Ah, my old buddy Chris Slattery. Hell of a character, he'd fight anyone, including his own team mates.lol
    But he was just an old softy at heart, really.

We used to wind him up because of his middle name.His godson, Eltham Addick posts on here.

And for Solid, yep, that was him, with his longish brown hair and his long furry sideburns.
    Yeah, we were always on the Lewis's coach back in those 3rd Division & 2nd Division days.

Thats how LAC Rovers got formed.(Lewis Away Coach - Rovers because we use to 'rove' around the country watching Charlton away).