Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR Season ticket price soar

2»

Comments

• Options
    well you may have joined the wrong forum saxman as charlton season tickets are just about the cheapest out there. As for the barca thing I think you'll find they don't have season tickets as such and the £70 is for membership which means you can buy a ticket.

Went to real madrid last month and our tickets were not the cheapest ones but far off the most expensive but were 80 euro
  • Options
    saxman, i don't really understand. You don't follow any club, yet you are outraged at club prices ? correct ?

I think you'll find you're banging on the wrong door to be honest. Charlton probably have the fairest pricing structure in the whole country, and you won't get many, if any, complaints, that they are ripping off the fans, IMO.

PS. If you branch out into the Entertainment Industry in general then i'll appreciate it. Was gonna get my parents tickets for Tina Turner, then found it they are £200 a pair. Rip off football eh ?
  • Options
    And you completely wrong about Barca mate, as our match tickets cost us nearly £40 when we went last year.
  • Options
    one thing i wont moan about is charltons ticket policy
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    (duplicate post)
  • Options
    Saxman I wonder if you are aware that if we are promoted in the coming season, those who buy Season Tickets by August this year will get their ticket for free next season. This is the same deal which was offered last season. Our club is certainly not a charity but it treats its fans really well. New season ticket prices this year have seen a mix of some areas reduced and some marginally increased to meet pockets and demand.

We have an elected Fans Director, the club lays on coach services from much of south London and Kent for fixed price of £5, and the transport to various key away games in the recent past have been either free or a nominal cost.

We spent many years in exile from the Valley. When we returned the ground held just over 8,000 and we struggled to fill it every week. Last season (a disappointing one) we averaged over 23,000 (higher than the average Italian Serie A game). Much of this growth in fan base has been as a result of pioneering work targetting schools and local clubs with free tickets. Other schemes were introduced so that kids could get into certain games for a £1.

Compare and contrast that with the latest round of Season Ticket price hikes by Premier League clubs just announced. Sure Chelsea have held theirs but they were already extremely high.

My apologies if you knew all this but most Addicks fans are proud of the work done by our board and staff to build the club up from virtually nothing apart from the memories of past years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: saxman[/cite]Hello, i am a scotsman and never supported any football teams, but i feel so compelled to write about the out of control prices in the football, at a time when footballers earn a years,2 years, wages in a week.....i heard on the radio 5 live that a season ticket for Barcelona football club is £70!are British people completely mad? apathetic? this is insanity, gone bloody mad!! ....... in spain where my mate who lives there, pays £60 a year council tax!! bin men collect the refuse, EVERY NIGHT 7 DAYS A WEEK.in spain... now on a day when the fuel crisis hits the roads,......this really is a crisis from all over...i am 47 in Glasgow and for some reason dont know why but always hoped charlton done ok,i like charlton.. ....thats why i joined this forum. i am very concerned with all the prices...reading some of the messages of folk who have followed their team from teenager is upsetting,when they say they may have to quit going to football?!! so awful, and not justified, when you get footballers eaning obscene wages.....OH MY GOD!! ITS TIME TO STAND UP...I AM HAPPY TO BE A SPOKESMAN... WHATEVER..... THIS IS LUDICROUS....surely a man out working all week should not need to worry about bills especially season football tickets.??

Here (Portugal) the binmen come every night, but it is to the dumpster up the road, not the doorstep like Britain, and I suspect Spain is the same. It means more trips to the dumpster if you can't carry much, but it works quite well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    My apologies if you knew all this but most Addicks fans are proud of the work done by our board and staff to build the club up from virtually nothing apart from the memories of past years.

Apart from Charlie Block that is!!!!!!!!!!!!! ; )
  • Options
    Now we have an AFC Liverpool. Must be terrible being a scouser eh?
    http://afcliverpool.org.uk/go/
  • Options
    Interesting concept & completely different from say, AFC Wimbledon or FCUM.

It's set uo for the fans & families who CAN'T AFFORD to watch Premier League football at Anfield.

About AFC Liverpool

AFC Liverpool is a new independent football club owned by Liverpool fans and run by Liverpool fans where everyone can buy into it and get an equal vote. A genuine grassroots, not for profit football club.

It is aimed especially at those Liverpool fans priced out of Premier League football. Same colours, same songs, same community of Reds.

Our aim is to be playing in The Vodkat League Division Two in the 2008/09 season.
    Is It Against Liverpool FC?

No. Quite the opposite. It will draw it’s support base from Liverpool fans. It is expected that AFC Liverpool fans will still support Liverpool and those who can afford to will still go to Anfield to support the Reds. The club is meant as a grassroots addition to Liverpool FC, not to be a replacement for it. We see ourselves very much as part of the LFC family - LFC’s little brother.
    Why Bother?

Because thousands of Reds can’t get to games anymore, either because it is difficult to get tickets or because they can’t afford them. The average age of a Premiership fan is 43, so we need a way to get kids hooked into experiencing football at an actual match, surrounded by a passionate LFC community.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2008
    thousands of reds cant go to games partly because of the price of tickets increasing due to the introduction of all seater stadia which was brought on by what happened at hillsborough which was the fault of the fa , the yorkshire police , news international , hitler , saddam hussein , fred west etc etc etc .
    In other words anyone but a minority of liverpool supporters much like heysel was west ham and chelsea fans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

Apart from Charlie Block that is!!!!!!!!!!!!! ; )

Funnily enough, that thought entered my head as I wrote that post. Well there's always one with the head stuck where the sun don't shine.