Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

HUDSON HAS SIGNED

Comments

• Options
    whatever happens pardew will buy well,hes proved that already.
  • Options
    With a bit of luck Stoke may still want to buy Fortune with his PL experience.
    I pray that we keep Magic though.
  • Options
    would like to rid fortune and keep majic,heres hoping
  • Options
    Magic and Hudson with McCarthy and Fortune as back-up would be okay imo. Plus Aswad Thomas who may get involved as well. No news on Thatcher yet, please let him go Pards, please I beg you.
  • Options
    i think he will go large,not really become a charlton player has it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i think he will go large,not really become a charlton player has it

Think Pards will want to keep him BUT he will have to drastically reduce his wage demands. However, even if he were prepared to do so I'd still get rid.
  • Options
    sounds like hes on pretty big wages for the champ, suprised he didnt go to qpr didnt think we'd match their offer.
  • Options
    Happy with that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt896[/cite]sounds like hes on pretty big wages for the champ, suprised he didnt go to qpr didnt think we'd match their offer.

perhaps he thought we'd have a better chance of going up or maybe he thinks Dowie ain't a manager
  • Options
    How long till Jordan sues him?
    "You promised me you wouldn't sign for those northerners!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i think he will go large

Why not go the whole hog and go supersize?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]don't believe some people !! Squad player ? Struggled at Palace ? Palace had the best defence in the Championship and he played every game and was Captain and only picked up two yellows so, in my opinion, seeing as Rio, JT and Vidic said no then we have signed the best available for absolutely NOTHING. Great signing, well done Pards.

Completely agree, cracking free signing and shows Pards is working hard and not on his holibobs!
  • Options
    what about the other three in the best defence in the championship ....... need them aswell!
  • Options
    Strange I just came on here to post that he was going to qpr.

In london paper, warnock said 'mark has already told people he'll not be signing a new contract, he has one or two offers and money talks. Thats his entitlement being on a bosman. I imagine it would be Dowie who has offered him money.'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]great,someone who struggles at palace.

Yes, the heart of the best defence in the league.... shocking signing.
  • Options
    Excellent signing for free when you compare him to what we have. Well done Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]And another thing Henry, why does the OS have to be first with the news?
    Shouldn't the club be focussing on a successful season rather than keeping the interweb up to date?!

Very unfair of the Comms team.

By running the story first they have denied honest Charlton fans an excuse to moan and whinge which we know is our god given right as Addicks.

And what is the Chairman doing? Nothing but giving interviews to the OS. Why isn't he out signing players : -)

I totally agree the OS has completely denied me the chance to complain. It was very inconsiderate of them especially as this announcement happened whilst I was ill in bed!!!! :o)
  • Options
    I see the palace fans on the holmesdale message board aren't happy .

Been saying they could've just about took it if it was QPR but not clowntown , and I thought they didn't care about us.

worth it just to wind them stripey nigel mugs up
  • Options
    not happy bunnies very bitter.
  • Options
    Evidently Charlton offered him what he thought he was worth, while Palace didn't.

I'd guess that at least one of Fortune or McCarthy will be on their way though. If we can get money for either then it looks an even better deal as Hudson comes on a free.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The problem Palace had though is that they are existing on Championship money, whilst you still have your parachute payments. Personally I'm glad he came here rather than QPR, I couldn't deal with Dowie been smug thinking he'd one over us.

As you say though, Charlton have paid him what he thought he was worth, which we couldn't or wouldn't, I think he'll do a job for you, but I warn you not to be too disappointed with his clearences, they're not exactly cultured, which would be my main criticism of him, other than that you have yourself a good solid defender.
  • Options
    dont worry budgie wnen you have had les berry in your team cultured clearances dont come into it as long as they are dealt with ave it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aylesfordaddick[/cite]dont worry budgie wnen you have had les berry in your team cultured clearances dont come into it as long as they are dealt with ave it

Or Jim Giles.
  • Options
    or traore
  • Options
    or Steve Thompson, John Pender or Phil Chapple.
  • Options
    On the positve side, I never saw anyone score from a Les Berry clearance as the ball was nearly always in the car park ; )
  • Options
    john pender was class
  • Options
    Hudson was voted as best centre half in the Championship team of the season...lets hope he does well
  • Options
    FECKING HATE SIGNING PALACE PLAYERS

But he's on a free and as you all say was there captain etcetc so should b a good signing
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Sorry, Tel but Hudson wasn't voted best centre half, if you are referring to the PFA players chosen team. Shawcross and Shittu were the centre halves.