Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace.We mean nothing to them!

Comments

• Options
    I apologise to you then SHG, and accept that I will get flak, but look forward to carrying on the intelligent debate with the more welcoming.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]I apologise to you then SHG, and accept that I will get flak, but look forward to carrying on the intelligent debate with the more welcoming.

bore off
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    To be honest palarse mean nothing to me in terms of football. They had a good end of season which will not continue into the next.

They are classed as rivals as they are not far away geographically. In terms of the respective clubs we are light years ahead. The biggest problem I have is with there supporters. The majority of which are a bunch no nothing arseholes who have ideas above there station.

palarse football, couldn't give a shit. palarse supporters small bunch of knobs.
  • Options
    Steady Southampton ! Budgie will be after you. lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Steady Southampton ! Budgie will be after you. lol

I'll have to start looking over my shoulder. How scary having a palarse fan after me. lol

I should be ok if I steer clear of any gay pubs or clubs. (Not that I have ever frequented any as I've never been interested in palarse).
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also, watch out when you're on a train with your family.
  • Options
    LOL. The other thing that I feel budgie misses when talking about relative finances of the two clubs by going on about the parachute money which is of course important is that of the two clubs are miles apart in terms of the way in which they are run. Charlton is a byword now for any medium sized club looking for a blueprint for success. That will always give us an edge.
  • Options
    History, success, silverware, attendances, stadium, reputation, respect - you name it and your average neutral would rate us above them.

In fact, although I'm biased with my thoughts and feelings about them, I'm always surprised by how many fans of other clubs juts don't rate them for whatever reason. In particular, other London clubs fans seem to view them as a bit of a non-entity. A no mark club with no mark fans.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]LOL. The other thing that I feel budgie misses when talking about relative finances of the two clubs by going on about the parachute money which is of course important is that of the two clubs are miles apart in terms of the way in which they are run. Charlton is a byword now for any medium sized club looking for a blueprint for success. That will always give us an edge.[/quote]

Hardly, as you say Charlton are recognised as been the team to emulate. They got into the Prem on an average budget, gave lots of support to there manager, and had a very good board, something for all other teams to strive for.

However since Curbs left you, things have not been as well run. You went through managers more than even SJ could keep up with, and you lost a very good man in Varney. In fact one of things about the Charlton blueprint is stability, not something you can claim to have had in the last two years.

Regardless of how well the club is run though, you need to get back into the Premier.

Now go on, back to your ramblings.
  • Options
    Budgie clearly has no friends - which is why he has to come on here just for someone to talk to. Quite sad really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quote - (budgie) "had a good board".....It ain`t really changed mate. We are not skint like you. Won`t be skint even without promotion and the stability has been maintained even losing Peter Varney by promoting an able replacement from within. By the way. If you don`t like my / our ramblings then I strongly suggest you take your inteligent debate and shove it up your holmsdale end. Go to your own piss poor messageboard and stop worrying about us. Capiche ?
  • Options
    i think budgie comes on here to have healthly debate with guys like me! im sorry for the more raucous fans you have encountered of late mate,i personally think your a massive club with a richer history than most,i find your ole ole eagles song blood curdling and passionate,and the surrounding areas of selhurst are real hotbeds of football,sleeping giant of a club.
  • Options
    Yeah nolly - I shouldn`t resort to abusing the sad Palace twat.
  • Options
    hes own club gives him inner torture.
  • Options
    Charlton don`t do a bad line in that either !
  • Options
    but theres always small hope,theres no hope with palace....they hate brighton dont you no!
  • Options
    yeah...Brighton...Bastards
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i think budgie comes on here to have healthly debate with guys like me! im sorry for the more raucous fans you have encountered of late mate,i personally think your a massive club with a richer history than most,i find your ole ole eagles song blood curdling and passionate,and the surrounding areas of selhurst are real hotbeds of football,sleeping giant of a club.[/quote]

Well thank god for that nolly, I'm glad you have finally seen the light. If you do decide to come to Palace rather than Charlton or Millwall, do give me a call and I'll accompany you so that you don't get to intimidated.
  • Options
    Anyone would get intimidated. Like playing football on a pitch full of dog turds is the best way I can describe it I think
  • Options
    Budgie repeating myself mate but are you aware that Palarse do have a message board ? feel free to naff off over and stay there.

Sarf London club but their rivals are a team in Sussex lol lol lol lol lol no really its a club in Sussex ho ho ho ho
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talking of other clubs hating Palarse here is an example......

My old HR manager was Man Utd through and through and coming from Manchester you would think he would hate Leeds or Man City or Liverpool or even Arsenal but oh no HE HATED PALARSE WITH A PASSION!!

When I asked him why he just said "That everything about Palarse was fake their stadium,fans everything he hated with a passion"

He also said that Sellout was the worse stadium for atmosphere as it was soulless!!

He also said he wasent the only one at OT who thought the same!
  • Options
    Its funny you say that, because I know a Millwall fan, and he hates Palace too.

It must be true, everyone hates us, bloody hell I'm traumatized.

Oh well I'd best become a Charlton fan, they're a nice club where no one really has any feelings about them, other than they're a nice club.
  • Options
    Budgie, you keep on fighting your corner pal :-)

Some of us appreciate views from other teams on here, even you stripey buggers :-)
  • Options
    Thanks AFKA, I'm getting a right battering though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nolly[/cite]i think budgie comes on here to have healthly debate with guys like me! im sorry for the more raucous fans you have encountered of late mate,i personally think your a massive club with a richer history than most,i find your ole ole eagles song blood curdling and passionate,and the surrounding areas of selhurst are real hotbeds of football,sleeping giant of a club.

Quality lol!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Thanks AFKA, I'm getting a right battering though.

I think you'll find the correct terminology where this site is concerned is 'shoeing' :-)

So is Warnock going to get Jordan to cut back on his outrageous tipping and actually give him some funds to work with this summer ?
  • Options
    millwall hate palace budge?? half my family are out of east lane and cold blow lane,never heard of them hating you,dream on
  • Options
    Sorry nolly, I was just going along with the conception that everyone outside of Palace hates them. I'm just a little confused as to whether we're hated, pitied, envied or unthought of.

AKFA, we're all hoping that SJ is going to cut down on his tipping, generous man that he is, but if there are no fees coming in other than Bostock's, I can't realistically see more than a million or two been spent. Apparently Mark Yeates is on the verge of signing for around 500k, and theres whispers too about Danny Webber. NW has said he wants to bring in a couple of strikers, which is where we were certainly light last year, and obviously we have to replace Mark Hudson.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]I'm just a little confused as to whether we're hated, pitied, envied or unthought of

Forever hated, occasionally pitied, never envied and very rarely unthought of
  • Options
    But from reading one of the links on here I thought that Hudson is apparently two bob on you'd be better off without him. Hmmm, so which is it?