Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

LenGlover said:

Those irritating geordies (or makems) Steve Cram and Brendan Foster metaphorically sniffing Paula Radcliffe's private parts for two and half hours plus.

Nobody disputes that Paula was a great runner but there is such a thing as overkill!

I'd dispute her as a great, a distinct lack of major championship (Olympic and World) gold medals in her living room cabinet to be considered a great.
    That marathon world record of hers alone makes her a great.

http://www.psmag.com/health-and-behavior/cant-anyone-break-womens-marathon-record-91663

It is true that her Olympic record is poor for an athlete of her stature but she has won the world cross country championships as well as world titles for the half marathon and marathon.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Riviera said:

LenGlover said:

Those irritating geordies (or makems) Steve Cram and Brendan Foster metaphorically sniffing Paula Radcliffe's private parts for two and half hours plus.

Nobody disputes that Paula was a great runner but there is such a thing as overkill!

I'd dispute her as a great, a distinct lack of major championship (Olympic and World) gold medals in her living room cabinet to be considered a great.

http://www.psmag.com/health-and-behavior/cant-anyone-break-womens-marathon-record-91663

It is true that her Olympic record is poor for an athlete of her stature but she has won the world cross country championships as well as world titles for the half marathon and marathon.
    No. One MAJOR Gold Medal and a World Record in an event that is run on totally different courses does not make anyone a "Great". She continually failed to deliver on the track in Olympic and World Championships.
  • Options
    She needs a good dinner too.
  • Options
    At least she didn't need a turnout/slash (delete as applicable) on the course this time.
  • Options
    And she did a jobby on the mall

And left it for someone to scoop up and stick on ebay

Filthy git
  • Options
    Had a quick count yesterday and we have got approx 45 mugs/cups for tea and coffee. There are three adults in the house - why do women need to keep buying them?

Mugs that dont stack properly - you need to put them on top of eachother to provide space for the 43 other mugs that go in the cupboard.

The odd random mug that should not go in the dishwasher - how am I meant to keep track ?

Mugs - just mugs.

• Options
    Sounds like a mug's game.
  • Options
    Two flies playing football in a mug and one says 'you better play better next week we're in the cup'.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Had a quick count yesterday and we have got approx 45 mugs/cups for tea and coffee. There are three adults in the house - why do women need to keep buying them?

Mugs that dont stack properly - you need to put them on top of eachother to provide space for the 43 other mugs that go in the cupboard.

The odd random mug that should not go in the dishwasher - how am I meant to keep track ?

Mugs - just mugs.

I'm tempted but not quite sad enough to post a photo of our "mug cupboard" in sympathy. When I mention that she has purchased yet another mug and that it may be just a little surplus to requirements I get the explanation that certain mugs are only for certain drinks and as I only drink black coffee I don't understand. Oh yeah, because you need 40 different types of mug...

• Options
    Riviera said:

LenGlover said:

Riviera said:

LenGlover said:

No. One MAJOR Gold Medal and a World Record in an event that is run on totally different courses does not make anyone a "Great". She continually failed to deliver on the track in Olympic and World Championships.
    I bet you're a tuff act to follow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yappy little rat dogs. Get a proper dog or don't bother.
  • Options
    The Bournemouth game 2/5/15 - Extra 1,400 tickets allocated, rush to relocate existing flasks & blankets thread.
    Never has so much whinging been said by so few.
  • Options
    Oh sorry, you never moan about anything then?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Oh sorry, you never moan about anything then?

Yes mate I do, of course.
    BUT, you and others like you have to move seats for one game, thats all.
    In the great scheme of things its not that much of a big deal is it.
  • Options
    You could say that about anything on here.

How many people on here moan when their train is late, there's always another one.

How many moan about the catering at the Valley, don't eat it then bring your own etc etc

• Options
    iaitch said:

How many people on here moan when their train is late, there's always another one.

How many moan about the catering at the Valley, don't eat it then bring your own etc etc

You've got a point there iaitch- and I'm as guilty as anyone...
  • Options
    Being off the Internet for a few days and now not being able to find Kyle 'Lad' Walkers video.............................. back to Animal Farm on VHS for me :neutral:
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Any sport that stops for 'tea' - do me a favour!

They stop to have a cup of tea that's not too much in the grand scheme of things is it?

iaitch said:

It's not about having a moan. It's about banging on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it. Saying I'm not going to the game now and I'm having thoughts about giving up supporting Charlton.

"I won't be claiming them, in fact I won't be going to the match and also having thoughts about giving up supporting them."

Ye gods man ! No one would be happy about giving up their seat, but it's ONE game.

ONE game, in exceptional circumstances. Extending the same courtesy to a decent club, that did it for us in our promotion season 3 years ago.

Have a look at the news. 3700 dead in an earthquake !
    I assume you're in the covered end so doesn't affect you then? Everyone is so generous when it doesn't affect them.

So you show two quotes and I'm going on and on etc

What's todays earthquake got to do with things?

Everyday in the world there are wars going on, rebellion, uprisings, people dying, people starving, atrocities being committed.

These things are going on all the time but some people just want to slag off Morgan Fox or the catering or Roland etc so where's their perspective on things?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Greenie said:

They stop to have a cup of tea that's not too much in the grand scheme of things is it?

iaitch said:

It's not about having a moan. It's about banging on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it. Saying I'm not going to the game now and I'm having thoughts about giving up supporting Charlton.

"I won't be claiming them, in fact I won't be going to the match and also having thoughts about giving up supporting them."

Ye gods man ! No one would be happy about giving up their seat, but it's ONE game.

ONE game, in exceptional circumstances. Extending the same courtesy to a decent club, that did it for us in our promotion season 3 years ago.

I assume you're in the covered end so doesn't affect you then? Everyone is so generous when it doesn't affect them.

Everyday in the world there are wars going on, rebellion, uprisings, people dying, people starving, atrocities being committed.

These things are going on all the time but some people just want to slag off Morgan Fox or the catering or Roland etc so where's their perspective on things?
    I tell you what, I sit at the front of the NW Quad, great view, you can have my seat for Saturday, I'll have whatever ticket/seat the club have given you, and you can have the free vouchers too, but please just stop, your charitable personality is just overwhelming me.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the offer but I've sent my ticket and vouchers back today, I assume they will resell the ticket and make more money.

Define charitable for me please.
  • Options
    Happy to help.

char·i·ta·ble (chăr′ĭ-tə-bəl)
    adj.
    a. Generous in giving money or other help to the needy: "found her way to a charitable family, the kind who take in babies left on their front porch" (Rachel Simon).
    b. Of, for, or concerned with charity: a charitable donation. See Synonyms at benevolent.
    a. Lenient or forbearing in judging others.
    b. Characterized by lenient or forbearing judgment: a charitable interpretation of the politician's remarks.
  • Options
    Thank you for the compliment or are you being sarcastic?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Thank you for the compliment or are you being sarcastic?

*Holds head in hands*
  • Options
    At a guess ... sarcastic.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    iaitch said:

Greenie said:

iaitch said:

Yes I sit in The Covered End. Yes I'd be pissed off if I had to move.

I would still go to the game. I've never voluntarily missed a home game since 1972 (5 weddings and one play off game not expected and holiday abroad booked.)

No, I wouldn't consider ending my support for Charlton, because I had to move seat for one game, even if I'd been moved for Millwall !
  • Options
    Its not obvious from the written word, I thought you were being complimentary which baffled me somewhat from what's gone on before.

Sorry to overwhelm you, shall we stop? Its getting a bit tedious and I mean that sincerely.

• Options
    No I'll stop its getting a bit tiresome.

Thanks gents its been fun enjoy the game Saturday, did I mention I won't be there? (I am being sarcastic in case anyone asks).
  • Options
    iaitch said:

No I'll stop its getting a bit tiresome.

Thanks gents its been fun enjoy the game Saturday, did I mention I won't be there? (I am being sarcastic in case anyone asks).

Thats the ticket.......!