Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• At a job interview in my 20s, the bloke interviewing me was unusually casual. He began, "I haven't got time to ask you a lot of questions. I just want a good conversation. The best way to do that is for you to tell me three things that you like doing". I promptly replied, "Football, squash and live music. But", I added, "surely, for the best conversation, I need to know three things about what you like doing". "That won't be necessary", he replied. I didn't get the job.
  • go to an interview and i get asked the question.. "what inspires you to achieve?" knowing full well you cant say "the money" 
    Depends what area you work in. Anyone answers that when I conduct an interview it’s a green flag from me. You achieve, you get paid more.
    really? it seems rather idk, vulgar? simplistic? selfish maybe. It's honest but it just doesn't seem to be the right response to that question. If your saying it is then next time I get asked that I probably will say it. 

it was for a sales/customer service role. 
    I work in recruitment mate. The best recruiters that I’ve come across are the ones that are motivated by making as much dough as possible. They do more hours, work harder because they are financially rewarded through results. I’m not saying it’s the right answer to the question but it’s something I like hearing from people.
    Brave comment on this forum - there was a thread a while back where there was a genuine view that everyone needed fewer hours and 4 day weeks as they needed to have at least three days to recover from the "pressures of modern life..."

As my old boss said - the secret to success, at least at the start of your career, was "work harder, work longer, work weekends..."
  • Peeling boiled eggs - am I the only one that takes half of the egg away as well as the shell?
  • go to an interview and i get asked the question.. "what inspires you to achieve?" knowing full well you cant say "the money" 
    Depends what area you work in. Anyone answers that when I conduct an interview it’s a green flag from me. You achieve, you get paid more.
    really? it seems rather idk, vulgar? simplistic? selfish maybe. It's honest but it just doesn't seem to be the right response to that question. If your saying it is then next time I get asked that I probably will say it. 

I work in recruitment mate. The best recruiters that I’ve come across are the ones that are motivated by making as much dough as possible. They do more hours, work harder because they are financially rewarded through results. I’m not saying it’s the right answer to the question but it’s something I like hearing from people.
    Brave comment on this forum - there was a thread a while back where there was a genuine view that everyone needed fewer hours and 4 day weeks as they needed to have at least three days to recover from the "pressures of modern life..."

As my old boss said - the secret to success, at least at the start of your career, was "work harder, work longer, work weekends..."
    TBF I think ‘hard working’ in the recruitment world is slightly different to actual hard work 🤣
  • Why does Cadbury's Boost taste so good, but pull your fillings out at the same time? 

There are 2 schools of thought with it, the one where people get paid the same for doing 1 less day a week. I cannot see how that will catch on, its a lovely idea but completely unrealistic  

Then there is the other where you condense your hours into 4 days as opposed to 5. Its what I do and I always work the day off for extra dough. 

You can't have a team full of people who are all primarily motivated by money ive noticed, it starts too many fights and rips the team ethic apart when decisions have to be made over who gets the overtime and who doesn't. For me the performers and the achievers, those with most skills get the reward and that should motivate the rest of the team to get those skills 
  • I once went to an interview for a job at a well known American company. From the off the 3 people doing the interview gave me the hump.
    one of the questions was, “a person on your team is refusing to work, what action do you take?” My reply, “you employ people who won’t work?”
    I didn’t get the job. 
  • I got asked to sum up in 3 words how I was currently feeling in an interview. Was sorely tempted to say "tired, bored and hungry"
    I got asked how I view lesbians 
    4k HD widescreen was the wrong answer 
    😂
    If that had been an interview for Curry’s you’d have definitely got the job with that answer…

To pinch a famous phrase - Well he would, wouldn't he...   :D
  • Sponsored links:

To pinch a famous phrase - Well he would, wouldn't he...   :D
    I was in the car park with him when his new car was being delivered - it was top of the range.

I remember him saying to me - "keep working hard, keep developing, and keeping delivering the numbers and one day I'll have an even nicer car".

(not a true story...)
  • Peeling boiled eggs - am I the only one that takes half of the egg away as well as the shell?
    You need to run the egg under cold water after boiling.
  • People who don't go along with the April Fools tradition.
  • Bromley's new policy of only having phone pay for parking and the fact it's called ring go. He must be making a fortune. 
  • Phone snatchers. Just see 2 little cnuts in knightsbridge on bicycles rob some poor women in town with her kids. Pricks.
  • Nicholas Witchell, simpering tosser
  • Bloody weather forecasts.
    Get it right you fecking qualified, technology rich losers
    People who don't understand the word forecast.

It amazes me he number of people in this world who don't understand the word forecast. 

It's a prediction based on the best available data. It's not going to be "right" all the time. There isn't even a "right or wrong" when it comes to forecasts, it's a question of whether the predication took place or not. Without a time machine that is never gonna happen every time. 

UK weather forecasts are surprisingly accurate are some of the best performing in the world despite our slightly ridiculous climate!

It amazes me he number of people in this world who don't understand the word forecast. 

It's a prediction based on the best available data. It's not going to be "right" all the time. There isn't even a "right or wrong" when it comes to forecasts, it's a question of whether the predication took place or not. Without a time machine that is never gonna happen every time. 

UK weather forecasts are surprisingly accurate are some of the best performing in the world despite our slightly ridiculous climate!
    Don't give me that Canters, it was only bloody 24 hours ago.
    How the hell are we suppose to take long range forecasts seriously if you can't even get the next blinking day right!

How the hell are we suppose to take long range forecasts seriously if you can't even get the next blinking day right!
    You try predicting what's gonna happen the next day in hour by hour slots every day for the next year and see what your accuracy rate is. They're not gonna get it right every time as no one can see the future. But they're pretty damn good.
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:
    Nicholas Witchell, simpering tosser
    Oh yes. I remember him as a respected journalist,  but he's spent the last 30 years or so doing nothing but Royal Hunting. I don't suppose he cares. He's seen the world, been handsomely paid and hasn't risked going to danger zones like his colleagues. Still, a lifetime of talking utter shit about how nice they all looked some occasion or what the Royal protocol is for this or that situation is, is hardly good use of his talents. Such a shame.
  • Even The King thinks he's awful.

Quite good at sitting on protesters though...

You try predicting what's gonna happen the next day in hour by hour slots every day for the next year and see what your accuracy rate is. They're not gonna get it right every time as no one can see the future. But they're pretty damn good.
    I appreciate that, but if they can't get it right 80%-90% of the time, why bother? Give us the general prediction for tomorrow and forget the long term stuff, especially hour by hour. I think they are just keeping themselves in a job...  ;)  

• My own sad twatness. I've already submitted my tax return for 22/23.
  • IdleHans said:
    My own sad twatness. I've already submitted my tax return for 22/23.
    I know what you mean, I been onto my accountant and hoping he will submit mine by the end of the month, but my excuse is he trying to sort out my entrepreneurs tax (or whatever it’s called now).
  • IdleHans said:
    My own sad twatness. I've already submitted my tax return for 22/23.
    If you're due a refund you're financially astute rather than a twat.
  • Talking of kids... The School Holidays, just one more day of working from home and being a parent before my little shit Son becomes the School's problem again - I joke of course, but he's started to walk around the house dragging his feet in slippers making a sliding sound, rather than walking properly - God its annoying on laminate

My wife is the bloody same, no doubt where he gets it from.

Whats wrong with walking properly and quietly!!
    Where’s your compassion man;)
  • People that send messages like, Stay away from The Valley you boring c***
    It seems people dont want bullying highlighted at their football club, so I'm listening.
    Thats me done.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!