Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mark Lawrenson comment. Ger vs Pol

BDLBDL
edited June 2008 in General Charlton
Anybody hear his comment when the palace supporting commentator (Pearce) said that Bak had a trial for Charlton?

"He had a lucky escape then"

Had to rewind on Sky+ as I thought I'd heard it, but wasn't sure.

Can't wait to bump into Lawrenson one day and have a quiet word or two!

Will be emailing BBC sport to complain.

Comments

• Options
    yeh, i heard him.
  • Options
    Just been on the BBC Complaints website - Let him have it I say!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Anybody hear his comment when the palace supporting commentator (Pearce) said that Bak had a trial for Charlton?

"He had a lucky escape then"

Had to rewind on Sky+ as I thought I'd heard it, but wasn't sure.

Excactly what I did.
    I'd love to know what he meant by that - silly old man
  • Options
    lighten up fellas!
  • Options
    Ive made my complaint, we really should'nt let lawro get away with putting the club down, on prime time tv.
  • Options
    funny comment i thought,true as well.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    pearce palace?? aint he bristol city.
  • Options
    Blimey! No wonder we get a reputation for being trainspotter/anoraks etc!

It was a joke, I laughed. Just as I did with the Bruce Forsyth/John Barnes episode.

Come on fellas, if you can't take it - don't give it out.
  • Options
    better to mentioned then not at all,palace are a fine example of this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]pearce palace?? aint he bristol city.

You're right nolly. He is a Brizzle City fan.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]

And a fine journalist and commentator.
  • Options
    Mark Lawrenson - you merely have to remind him Robin Friday took a shite in his sportsbag whilst at Brighton.
  • Options
    Cheeky bastard!!
    Haha!

Aleast we got a mention at the euros a!!

It was a fair joke, anyone who wants to take it more seriously is wrong
  • Options
    I didn't hear it but find this sort of thing funny, lighten up people!
  • Options
    Im sorry but I do get a bit pissed off with this stuff we drop out the prem and everyone goes back to taking the michael out of us. It was so good and obviously so rare when we were destroying the small club reputation and bang so as we are down everyone starts taking the mick.

I think these new kits make us look substandard an all......

moody from melbourne
  • Options
    I heard it. Silly comment obviously set up for Lawrenson by the Palace loving Pearce (He's married to a Palace fan, his kids are palace fans and he spends a lot of time at Selhurst even if his first team are meant to be Bristol City).

But what do you expect from Pearce. Worst commentator on TV or radio. Water off a ducks back to me.

More interestingly did this Bak guy ever have a trial and if so when?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]More interestingly did this Bak guy ever have a trial and if so when?

I remembered some link from Curbs days and decided to put him in my dream team. What a mistake that was!
  • Options
    Mark Lawrenson is and will always be a to$$er (IMO for the lawyers out there!)
  • Options
    scroll to end: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20011111/ai_n14541279
    "THE Hammers may take a look at Polish international defender JACEK BAK if he can solve his work permit problems. The Lyon defender has just finished a week's trial at Charlton but WEST HAM boss Glenn Roeder is also interested."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Throw him Bak" roared the Covered End.....
  • Options
    You've clearly got too much time on your hands to make a written complaint...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]

He is city but has been quoted as saying he adopted Palarse as his London team when he moved to the big smoke from wurzel country
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I heard it. Silly comment obviously set up for Lawrenson by the Palace loving Pearce (He's married to a Palace fan, his kids are palace fans and he spends a lot of time at Selhurst even if his first team are meant to be Bristol City).

But what do you expect from Pearce. Worst commentator on TV or radio. Water off a ducks back to me.

And Baker is Millwall but that's obviously ok. Is it because like you, Baker knows nothing about football, whilst Pearce does?
  • Options
    Is Danny Baker Millwall? I never noticed.
  • Options
    According to Charles Buchan's Football Monthly in about 1967 Danny Baker "supports" Manchester United.
  • Options
    The Chelsea supporter in work passed a comment about Lawrongson today. He said that he quote

"Never has a good word to say about you lot"

He heard it and thought it was out of order. Maybe I am a trainspotter in disguise, but why should a person in his position make malicious, flippant, needless remarks about a football club he has no connection with? He would never say anything about his beloved Liverpool would he? So why pick on us?
  • Options
    Lawro hates us because he cant forgive us for ending his short reign as Oxford Manager ,(and management career), a 0-0 draw at Selhurst.

Such a bad result it seems, he was sacked afterwards.

A BBC sofa was his next appointment.
  • Options
    its a little joke people, lighten up
  • Options
    a flippant comment from a third rate co-commentator, i mean we really have got to get over ourselves ffs we are a chuff team now but a few years back when we had a great manager we were an established side in the top flight of english football and cos we didn't play like brazil1970 it wasn't enough for some, so now we're in an exciting league (allegedly)