Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Halford

2»

Comments

• Options
    I have alot of time for Halford,imo i thought he was the best of the loan players, played with a lot of passion and has alot to his game, a good crosser of the ball,good long throws,handy at set pieces, sadly i think there were certain factions within the home crowd that wanted him to fail regardless how well he played.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Don't want Halford.

Moo2 should be given the number 2 spot for next season. A great prospect in my eyes.[/quote]

A great PROSPECT not the finished article and was found out last season, needs to develop and be in competition for the place, I would be happy to see him and Halford fighting it out.[/quote]

But if we don't give Yassin a chance he'll never be anything more than a good prospect.

He can't learn everything playing reserve games and a U21 games for France. Like Youga this season, giving a run of games at Scunthorpe and came back a different player. If Yassin can stay injury free and isn't sold he should be given a similar run.

Halford will probably sign, and might play right midfield as he has done before. But I can't forget when he was utterly abysmal for about 5/6 games on the trot. He improved towards the end of the season though.
  • Options
    I think 500k for Halford would be a good deal. You can't go into a season with one player for each position and he can play in other besides RB.

I say 500k go for it.
  • Options
    At this level, Halford would be a good signing and versatile.
    He also seems to 'fit' into the club - right character, right attitude. Definitely something we need in the Champs.

If the price is right, then sign him.
    If not, season long loan if poss.

Moo2 could be good, great even ...... but presently he can't defend and his crossing/final ball suspect when he gets forward.
    He needs an end product.

If he's not ready, he should be loaned out to get experience - as somebody suggested earlier.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'm not sure if it was on another thread on here, or another CAFC site of some kind, but apparantly Halford has never been a natural full back, Colchester fans say he is way more effective in midfield or an attacking role.
    At £500k I think he would be very good value for money as a utility player, but I would not like to see him at the expense of Yassin.

If Yassin were given time to develop further, I feel he would be devastating full back. His attacking nature reminds me a little of a certain 'Sir Johnny H'. It'd be a damn shame if he was let go, or left to rot.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]I have alot of time for Halford,imo i thought he was the best of the loan players, played with a lot of passion and has alot to his game, a good crosser of the ball,good long throws,handy at set pieces, sadly i think there were certain factions within the home crowd that wanted him to fail regardless how well he played.

were u watching some1 else, he always hit them far too long.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]I have alot of time for Halford,imo i thought he was the best of the loan players, played with a lot of passion and has alot to his game, a good crosser of the ball,good long throws,handy at set pieces, sadly i think there were certain factions within the home crowd that wanted him to fail regardless how well he played.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.

I think he is well worth it - even if played as a winger or holding midfielder. He can actually win a header and poses a threat.
  • Options
    http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/281689040?

According to The Express he's coming on a seasons loan. Overall whichever way you view it, it's got to be good news because it strengthens the squad.
  • Options
    The Daily Express says Halford is set to join Charlton on a season-long loan after failing to secure a permanent move from Sunderland.

Failing ?.... does that mean we offered peanuts but Sunderland wanted much more?
    We probably have to pay Sunderland a 'loan' fee - it seems more & more to be the practice these days.

Good business, Pards!
  • Options
    Interesting to see him used as right side midfield in the last game good engine and pace, a sound piece of squad stengthening for the season and if we go up SFC can get a bit more perhaps for him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I guess if we go up, then Halford would want to stay ......?
  • Options
    Good signing, I think he's a proper footballer. Agree with the Colchester fans in that he is not a natural full back but more of a midfielder.

Bloody useful weapon that throw too regardless of what the more snobbish think about it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I guess if we go up, then Halford would want to stay ......?[/quote]

And if we go down we can get rid quick ;-)
  • Options
    I have a feeling we may see much more from him this season. So far we have only seem glimpses of the type of player we were led to believe he was. I hope he has more marauding runs, linking more effectively with attack and midfield.
  • Options
    If its true then I hope pards does play him in midfield with Moo2 at right back. Now that Sankofa has gone we had to get someone in who could cover if Moo2 lost form or was injured. Good stuff I rekon.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    i said last season he came in for some unjust stick he seemed to be the pick of the loanees to get it, he didnt play any worse than some of our fulltime squad and he bagged a couple of goals.

good signing if true
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind him joining. I don't think we should spend more than £500,000 on him if it's made permanent. I'm never too keen on bringing in players on loan because I feel they don't give their all for the loanee team. But, his throws, height at set pieces, occassional free kick, and forward runs were good from what I saw. I don't know whether he would suit as a natural right midfielder. Not your typical winger style player who has pace, trickery and beats people. Charlton need a player who's crossing is better as well, which Halford sometimes lacked. However, I think he could be a good addition to the squad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i said last season he came in for some unjust stick he seemed to be the pick of the loanees to get it, he didnt play any worse than some of our fulltime squad and he bagged a couple of goals.

I agree with that but I'm in two minds about signing or loaning him. He has an eye for goal and perhaps in midfield he will give us something but not as a full back.

If it is to be a loan lets make it all season. Easy to say but less easy to do I know as you are dancing to the tune of the other club but that would give the player and us some stability. Worked with Carson