Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ST sales elsewhere....

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
Unofficially reported that ours are currently somewhere between 12-13k, might be interesting if we read of other championship clubs to compare.

Sheff United are currently just under 18k
Norwich sold all 20k

Comments

• Options
    Preston 8k
  • Options
    It was inevitable that ticket sales would be down after last years rubbish season even with the free offer but we could still sell a lot more if we show some ambition and make 2 or 3 good signings
  • Options
    plenty of time yet.People must be waiting for Pards plans to become apparent before committing
  • Options
    Millwall have sold 18
  • Options
    ours is 12,354 offical site says
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]ours is 12,354 offical site says

Doesn't include the commercial and corporate sales which were included in last years total so not yet a like for like figure.
  • Options
    How many have Palace done?
  • Options
    Bristol City - 13,500
  • Options

initially I thought that was quite good but on relection I'm not too sure. Narwich are in their third season since relegation and were pretty awful last year and yet they easily sold their 20k old. I know that ours will creep up but it won't get much above 15k. Goes to show how many of our number is 'hard' support and how much is their for the PL glory days. We should compare ourselves to Sheff Utd as it is their second year down, similar sized club and they had done 18k. A sales push is required methinks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Bristol City - 13,500

And Bristol's average gate is around 15,000 - so tremendous renewal rate.

Their supporters must be more excited than we are ........(!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

initially I thought that was quite good but on relection I'm not too sure. Narwich are in their third season since relegation and were pretty awful last year and yet they easily sold their 20k old. I know that ours will creep up but it won't get much above 15k. Goes to show how many of our number is 'hard' support and how much is their for the PL glory days. We should compare ourselves to Sheff Utd as it is their second year down, similar sized club and they had done 18k. A sales push is required methinks.

Norwich always sell out their Season Tickets and play to more or less capacity crowds, regardless of league performance.

I suppose there is nothing else to do in carrot-crunching country?
    Bing will know.
  • Options
    QPR - 5,500 (before new applicants)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Millwall have sold 18

That many?

You have to factor in early renewal deals etc so some clubs will sell a lot early and other later. Deadline for the freebie is August 1 so still some time to go.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Millwall have sold 18

That many?

The government have just extended pre-charge detention to 42 days so that figure does look a little on the high side.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Unofficially reported that ours are currently somewhere between 12-13k, might be interesting if we read of other championship clubs to compare.

Sheff United are currently just under 18k
    Norwich sold all 20k

I remember being surprised at the good atmosphere at Norwich last season. Interesting that despite their poor season that they can sell that many.
  • Options
    Bristol City put their tickets on sale before their fate was known, so people were potentially buying Premier League football and had to gauge the risk of missing out if they didn't buy early.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Bristol City put their tickets on sale before their fate was known, so people were potentially buying Premier League football and had to gauge the risk of missing out if they didn't buy early.

So why didn't the club start selling ours in Feb? ;-}
  • Options
    Firstly our ST went on sale a lot later than other clubs, secondly a lot of the teams we are being comparing with have little on no competion for fans in the area they are located. Brizzle.....people have the choice of 2 possible 3 teams nearby. Norwich...same again. We have to compete for fans with a lot of other London teams. In short....don't be too down about it. There's plenty of time as fans have until August 1 to get their ST. Lets compare things after 1 August. :-)
  • Options
    Reading - 11,762
    Doncaster - 7,556
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

We should compare ourselves to Sheff Utd as it is their second year down, similar sized club and they had done 18k. A sales push is required methinks.

I'd say Sheff Utd are a bigger club than us. Big city with only 2 clubs in it, get good home crowds and have a good away following also.
    Anyone know how much Norwich season tickets are as i'm amazed they've sold so many when they're rubbish.
    And for anyone who thinks we're doing badly, look at Readings figure, and this is their first season donw when they should be behind the club and looking to get straight back up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There isn't actually anything else to do in Norwich
  • Options
    How many did Reading sell last year and what was their average attendance? It maybe that they have a relatively low percentage of STs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]There isn't actually anything else to do in Norwich

Apart from incest
  • Options

Doesn't include the commercial and corporate sales which were included in last years total so not yet a like for like figure.

Why not issue like with like figures?
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Apart from incest
    and sheep shagging
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]So why didn't the club start selling ours in Feb? ;-}

Or September when we were doing well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]There isn't actually anything else to do in Norwich

Apart from incest

Good thing we're not in Ipswich, can't talk about it there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

Why not issue like with like figures?

Good question. is it

a) Because everyone at the club is either lazy or incompent (or both)

b) it's a trick to catch out the moaners when the numbers suddenly jump

c) It's a conspiracy the details of which I can't reveal

d) it was an oversight as the other figures haven't been collated yet.
  • Options
    Henners I think you need a holiday..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Henners I think you need a holiday..

Or perhaps pop out and get some retail therapy. A new cardigan is bound to cheer you up

charlton7121pages2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    is it just me or does that shot look really contrived??

(sorry henners didn't mean to criticise the club photographer)

;)
  • Options
    Looks like a cardboard cut-out to me . . .