Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ed: Brighton tickets - Added club information

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
Can't remember seeing anything on the OS.

Its clear there is going to be decent demand for this, and we're likely to sell out our allocation, so i wonder why nothing has been said when tickets for the game have been on sale for home areas for three weeks now.

These are the prices for the home areas below. The game is a testimonial for Gary Hart, who contributes to their message boards and is hugely popular down there. Before the main game, there is a 'legends' game with the likes of Steve Foster etc, and i think Gary Nelson may be playing.

South Stand
Adults : £15
OAPS : £10
Under 16's : £6

North Stand
Adults : £16
Under 16's : £7

East Stand
Adults : £12
Under 16's : £6

Family Stand. Various combinations.
1 A and 1 C : £15
1 A and 2 C : £20
2 A and 2 C : £30
Additional child tickets : £5

Comments

• Options
    Not seen anything - but I hope it's announced soon as I am sure that our allocation is gonna go very fast.
  • Options
    from the above is there a stand left for us ??
  • Options
    The West Stand (uncovered) - 900 seats
  • Options
    I spoke to the ticket office about this the other day and they're going on sale the first week of July priced £12.
  • Options
    900 !!! Looks like we may need some seats in the home areas
  • Options
    Ok, Russell in the ticket office has been very helpful, and confirms the following:

* Spoke to Brighton today and they are to send us the tickets IDC
    * Charlton are to put them on sale Mon 30th June (preference to concentrate on swap week, next week)
    * Tickets are priced £12 adults, £10 over 60 and £6 under 16
    * 1,000 tickets (i'm convinced its actually 900 however)
    * The club will put up a website story early next week confirming all this
  • Options
    Crap - won't be in London that week until Friday 4th July - have to hope there is enough
  • Options
    Also want to organise a pub meeting point beforehand.
    worth drinking nearer the ground?
  • Options
    AFKA can home fans (winky thingy) pay on the day ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Crap - won't be in London that week until Friday 4th July - have to hope there is enough

they might do postal applications?? should be okay. would we really take more than a 1000?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the Goldstone ground site still there or has it been built on ? would be worth poping over for a beer there . Many memories there.
  • Options
    Not sure how many we take but seems to be enormous interest
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]AFKA can home fans (winky thingy) pay on the day ?

I would presume so, but it will be dependent on whether the home areas sell out or not. Remember the Withdean only holds something like 8,500.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]AFKA can home fans (winky thingy) pay on the day ?

doenst say. I imagine they would want a sell out before the day.

Brighton
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Is the Goldstone ground site still there or has it been built on ? would be worth poping over for a beer there . Many memories there.

b&q etc now.
  • Options
    Best to drink in the town centre around the main station... withdean area (preston park) is out of town and there aren't more than 2 pubs if i can remember rightly
  • Options
    Its going to be the Welling game by the sea on a Saturday !!!!! they will be loads there but as with Welling how many actually make it to the game is a big question.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Not sure how many we take but seems to be enormous interest

I did relay that Stonemuse.

Ticket office feel the allocation will ample for a pre-season friendly, but i did say that as an indicator there are appears likely to be a very strong take-up off here.

There are two factors here:
    1. Its appealing for the day out / overnight brigade (a la Blackpool)
    2. The Withdean will be a new ground for a lot of supporters.

My gut feeling is that it may prove a bit tight, and if you are planning on going, you know the prices now so get your groups organised, get people confirming and get someone taking the lead.

They did say if anyone is concerned that you are more than welcome to make a postal application ahead of the 30th (may be handy for someone in your situation Stonemuse).
  • Options
    Cheers AFKA
  • Options
    AFKA was u a prefect at school ?

far far far to sensable mate-- organised --- postal applications . I was hoping on the go down there OnTheRazelAllDayTurnUpHoping2getInPrincipal ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    anyone mini busing this?
  • Options
    I have started co-ordinating the Swale/Medway Massive for this one.
  • Options
    Have booked in for the Saturday night, so having this one big time. Anyone else staying down?
  • Options
    Yes, booked in for Fri/Sat. getting train down after work on friday.
    probably be finished come 8pm on saturday... lightweight.
  • Options
    Cousins at Uni down there, so will be staying at his. Looking forward to this one.
  • Options
    brighton

Here we go!
  • Options
    Outward journey: Saturday 26 July 2008
    Station Arr Dep Travel by Service Provider
    LONDON BRIDGE 10:42 Train FIRST CAPITAL CONNECT
    BRIGHTON STATION 11:49

Return journey: Saturday 26 July 2008
    Station Arr Dep Travel by Service Provider
    BRIGHTON STATION 18:07 Train FIRST CAPITAL CONNECT
    LONDON BRIDGE 19:17

32 quid
  • Options
    does anyone know if it's sit where you want although you have to get tickets beforehand?
  • Options
    This is going to be the nuts. I reckon a big turnout-theres at least 20 of us going!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Closest station is Preston Park I'm reliably informed and according to the site, it's all ticket with no tickets available on the day as Brighton don't have an office at the Withdean.