Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

things that irrationally aggravate me # 1984233

2»

Comments

• Options
    People who are not American but pronounce Schedule as Skedule...
  • Options
    "Talk to the hand" - WTF?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]People who are not American but pronounce Schedule as Skedule...

That annoys me too!
  • Options
    As well as agreeing with all the above (blimey I really am grumpy these days) any reference to something being "24/7" reallys gets me going. Especially when what they really mean is just 'most of the time'.
  • Options
    9/11. Do they mean the 11th of September?
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]9/11. Do they mean the 11th of September?
    My brother has a t-shirt that says "9/11 is a f***ing Porsche" on it. He wore it to work on dress-down Friday... whilst he was working for Morgan Stanley. THAT didn't go down too well...
  • Options
    Nice one Leroy.
  • Options
    Now, I know I don't talk like most of you, but I can't stand the following Americanisms:

Nitch instead of neesh
    EyeRack instead of Irrrraq
    MossCow instead of Mosco
    Progg-ress instead of PROgress
  • Options
    You guys.

I hate that phrase with a passion, but unfortunately having lived over here for the best part of 3 years I find myself using it. I also occasionally say

pavement when I mean road
    sidewalk when i mean pavement
    arugula when i mean rocket/roquette
    bayzil when i mean basil
    orig eno when i mean oregano
    cilantro when i mean corriander
    soccer when i mean football

There are tons of them & they slip into your vocabulary, but if anyone here's me saying these when i am back in September please shoot me.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]9/11. Do they mean the 11th of September?
    My brother has a t-shirt that says "9/11 is a f***ing Porsche" on it. He wore it to work on dress-down Friday... whilst he was working for Morgan Stanley. THAT didn't go down too well...

Hardly surprising really, no matter the terminology it was a horrific event.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The antipodean propensity to end every verbal sentence with a heightening of tone as if it were a question, when in fact it is a statement,. Further to this the fact that this is creeping into English culture particularly amongst the younger generation, including my son
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    If iwas his boss i would have told him to f**k off home and change his tee shirt or better still go work for a none Yank company.
  • Options
    my birthday is 24/7 so i use it all the time so it annoys me when people mention it for other reasons!
  • Options
    men forever hugging there mates.
  • Options
    People who sit on the ailse seat of trains/buses leaving the window seat free hoping others will be put off. WHY??????????

PAXO!!!!! Didn't think anyone still used it???????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]People who sit on the ailse seat of trains/buses leaving the window seat free hoping others will be put off. WHY?

i do that so that if some fat person comes and sits next to me, rather than being squashed against the side of the train/bus and the fat person you have some space one side of you to breath out, hope this helps
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]men forever hugging there mates.

Oh Dan, no-one hugged you lately then mate... LOL
  • Options
    People who tut on trains or buses, when you ask them to move their bags or coat etc so you can sit down when there are no seats left otherwise, ignorant, rude feckers who deserve a slap and some lessons in manners.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited July 2008
    My customers, 80-90% of them are chavvy, thick, ignorant cretins.

Hey but its a job, and my wonderful customer service skills come into play every minute of every day.
  • Options
    people sitting next to the window on the bus or train that when getting up to get off they just pick their stuff up and get up and nudge you rather than saying "excuse me please"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "My customers, 80-90% of them are chavvy, thick, ignorant cretins."

You never told us you worked at the Palarse ticket office!
  • Options
    Random spitting in the street.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Equaliser[/cite]Random spitting in the street.

Yeah, I don't mind when there is some pattern to it though.....
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    agreed ;-)
  • Options
    [The antipodean propensity to end every verbal sentence with a heightening of tone as if it were a question, when in fact it is a statement,. Further to this the fact that this is creeping into English culture particularly amongst the younger generation, including my son.
    Yes, yes, yes...that is second on my list but fast becoming my first since my eldest started doing it.

It's been driving me mad for years...my neice & nephew started doing it in their late teens then their effing mother started doing it too!!!!!
  • Options
    When all the seats are taken on trains those idiots who insist on standing near the doors meaning any new passengers have to 'fight' there way on.
  • Options
    Yakeeisms - Refering to street names without adding "Street" "Road" "Avenue" etc. Also hate Uptown and Downtown - never understood them

Chavisms - people who think that it is somehow acceptable to put their feet on the seats when on public transport.
  • Options
    Why should they say 'excuse me please' if you are so blinkered that you have not noticed them getting ready to go?? winds me up all the time.
  • Options
    bob dylan