Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Halford to Sheff Utd on season long loan

just been on SSN now, they've also signed Sun Ji-Hi (sp?) from Man City

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure the Sheffield United fans were moaning something chronic when we beat them up there thanks to a couple of long throws? They'll soon change their tune no doubt.
  • Options
    Shame I think - I liked the guy
  • Options
    so....

1. we had a look and didn't think he was what we wanted for another season

or

2. we couldn't justify the wage outlay necessary on a full back ?

what do you reckon ?
  • Options
    or 3 he didnt want to come back
  • Options
    MOO.

TOO.

KILL.
  • Options
    Probably means we're happy with what we've got - Moo2/ Semedo? and have bigger priorities in a fixed wage structure. Or maybe we're bringing someone else in, I guess not the latter.
  • Options
    or the board have told AP there are no more funds, how can we go the hole season with one recognised right back, and 9 strikers,
  • Options
    Could Chris Solly be closer to the first team squad than most of us realise ?
  • Options
    1. Great in first few games then tailed off. No thanks.
  • Options
    I'm with Heath - nothing special.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Give more yoof a chance Solly was a fine player in the yoof cup bring em all through i say even the most spitefull cant boo kids can they?
  • Options
    everyone knows my views on him so I am happy as larry
  • Options
    4. Sheff Utd offered to pay his wages whereas we didn't.
  • Options
    Yassin>>>Halford.

Good news, wasn't a fan of Halford
  • Options
    I remain undecided about the guy, I did think though(or maybe it was wishful thinking), that there were better things to come from him.
  • Options
    Happy Days - glad to see the back of Halford.
  • Options
    i dunno seemed a nice bloke, nothing special but who have we got to replace him a bunch of untested yooof players and 9 strikers...
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'm sure the Sheffield United fans were moaning something chronic when we beat them up there thanks to a couple of long throws? They'll soon change their tune no doubt.

The pigs did a good enough job of beating themselves up. Don't think Halford will do owt for them.
  • Options
    don't worry.........we are still set to steal a march on our rivals !! lol.

Although I think moo2kil would be better at right back I thought halford was one of our better players last year - esp coming forwards.

as per Lisbie at al - put money on him scoring against us or causing havoc with his long throws.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]don't worry.........we are still set to steal a march on our rivals !! lol.

Although I think moo2kil would be better at right back I thought halford was one of our better players last year - esp coming forwards.

as per Lisbie at al - put money on him scoring against us or causing havoc with his long throws.

I can confidently say that Halford's crossing was some of the worst I have ever seen!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, had his moments but our priorities lie elswhere. We desperately need to get some more strikers in. ;0)
  • Options
    defensively moo2 doesn't fill me with confidence, although a decent run in a settled back 4 could prove valuable.
    what about jermaine wright as cover if it all goes wrong? been released by soton, plenty of experience in this division, can play midfield aswell and is local to the area. don't know what money or length of contract he'd be after but couldn't have been on mega bucks at soton.
    defensively we have lost powell, gibbs, sankofa, paddy, halford, sodje? and thatcher? off the wage bill, and have recruited only hudson.
  • Options
    defensively we have lost powell, gibbs, sankofa, paddy, halford, sodje? and thatcher? off the wage bill, and have recruited only hudson.

Maybe the money is freed up to buy a defender and/or a midfielder like Ben Watson?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]defensively moo2 doesn't fill me with confidence

ditto, some shocking defending from him on occassions last year
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]defensively moo2 doesn't fill me with confidence

You could say that about all of our defenders, why single out Moot2?
  • Options
    how many goals did Halford score for us against games played and also how many assists.Not forgetting the free kick against Wolves where the keeper made a superb save.I don't think he was half as bad as people made out and I personally think would have been a useful acquisition.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]defensively moo2 doesn't fill me with confidence[/quote]

ditto, some shocking defending from him on occassions last year[/quote]

Like Halford...
  • Options
    i'm with NSS, think we'll be a weaker squad/team without halford
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

You could say that about all of our defenders, why single out Moot2?

cos we're discussing halford who's a right back which is where moo2 plays
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]how many goals did Halford score for us against games played and also how many assists.Not forgetting the free kick against Wolves where the keeper made a superb save.I don't think he was half as bad as people made out and I personally think would have been a useful acquisition.

Agree entirely, Steve. We'll need to get another right back in anyway, as Moo2 is the only one we now have with real experience in the position and he was injury prone last year. So we'll no doubt end up with someone less proven and without a long throw, who will need several games to settle in at the club - although they might be a bit cheaper. Poor business in my book.