Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Halford to Sheff Utd on season long loan

2»

Comments

• Options
    One of the 'mistakes' from last year, mentioned last night is using loan signings who don't necessarily live up to expectations, the impression was given Pards won't be using this so much in the coming season.
  • Options
    Anyone think that

a) we couldnt afford him (remember he is on Prem wages)
    or
    b) he didnt want to stay

With a couple of obvious exceptions and purely my own opinion, nobody on the playing staff is earning in excess of £9,000 p/w. I bet Halford is earning double that.
  • Options
    I think he would have wanted to stay because he liked being down south...therefore I think its mostly A.

I liked him, and would have liked him to stay this year, but I understand that with the need to slash the wage bill that spending big on a right back might not be the best idea when we all know there are other areas that take priority.
  • Options
    Can see both sides of the argument, but i'd be interested to hear from those who wanted him to stay the answer to this.

If we signed Halford for a year, we would have to make him the highest paid player in the club for next season (if we offload who we want to).

Would he be justified as the highest-paid player, and would you prefer him, than the likelyhood that the funds allocated to his wage and loan fee to S'land could pay for 2-3 other players, or go towards getting us the centre mid we really need ?
  • Options
    until we find this missing midfield dynamo (i don't think we can afford to get anyone who'd improve on what we have) i personally would have liked us to have signed halford , there's a good player in there and we only saw flashes of him....
    maybe if we got him on loan and loaned him out to scunthorpe, to a decent coaching set up, he'd come back a much more confident player;-)