Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Songs For Funerals,Your favourite tune would be..

edited July 2008 in Not Sports Related
Following on from The top 5 albums of peoples lifetimes thread, what would be your favourite funeral tune.

What would you want played on the day.

I'll go for Sinead O'connor - nothing compares 2 u.

Comments

• Options
    VFR
    The Waterboys: The whole of the moon.
  • Options
    James - Tomorrow
  • Options
    Heaven from here - Robbie Williams
  • Options
    For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica
  • Options
    A very morbid question but one that has been chattered about before.

Nessum dorman was a popular choice, Time to say goodbye suprised me too from a couple of pals.

Redemption Song - Bob Marley

Cast No Shadow - Oasis

LSF - Kasabian

Into the Mystic - Van Morrison

My one would probably be Good Riddance by Green day
  • Options
    Amazing Grace would spring to mind and Blackbird by Mike Oldfield
  • Options
    "Enjoy The Silence" - Depeche Mode
    "Host Of Seraphim" - Dead Can Dance
    "The Sun And The Rain - Madness
    "Last Goodbye" - Jeff Buckley
    "Come To Me" - Bjork
  • Options
    Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

Nearly brought a tear to my eye when I saw leonard cohen perform this on sunday.
  • Options
    funeral for a friend - elton john
  • Options
    Abide with me and Danny Boy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good byeeee - Peter Cook & Dudley Moore
  • Options
    This is not a piss take but I honestly want...

Firestarter - The Prodigy

Just before being cremated, my family and friends all know this. However as I get older I might change my mind and it would definitely be...

Hellelujah - Jeff Buckley
  • Options
    Elvis - Return To Sender
  • Options
    Hey Dude by The beatles
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]This is not a piss take but I honestly want...

Just before being cremated, my family and friends all know this. However as I get older I might change my mind and it would definitely be...

Hellelujah! Planning on a trip SE7?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]This is not a piss take but I honestly want...

Hellelujah! Planning on a trip SE7?

Well I think you can tell by my first choice exactly which way I'll be going....:o)
  • Options
    FIre and Rain - James Taylor

The Lark Ascending - Vaugham Williams
  • Options
    Stig, my brother in law actually had Firestarter at his funeral! After all the tears at the church it really 'lightened' the mood, as much as it could have been lightened....
  • Options
    At my brother's funeral I left the choice of music to his three young daughters - he was a big Queen fan so I told them they could choose any song on the Queen Best of CD except track #1 - Bohemian Rhapsody, partly because I can't stand it but mostly because you can't have "Mama I just killed a man..." booming out around a church at a funeral. Instead they went for "Don't stop me now"...
  • Options
    American Trilogy - Elvis

I remember big Duncan's funeral last year, at the end as everyone was walking out, suddenly Monty Python, Always look on the bright side of life piped out.
    Apparently it was always something he said to his family he wanted at his funeral just for a laugh, it did raise everyones spirits.

God bless you D, RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know a popular one these days is Somewhere over the rainbow by the Hawaiin guy, Israel Kamakawiwo, from the TV advert, who ironically is dead now himself.
  • Options
    Always look on the bright side of life - that would lighten the mood at the end I think
  • Options
    I know its over, The Smiths.

Lighten the mood at my own funeral? I want the place flooded with tears.
  • Options
    I'm still standing- Elton John
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]American Trilogy - Elvis

I remember big Duncan's funeral last year, at the end as everyone was walking out, suddenly Monty Python, Always look on the bright side of life piped out.
    Apparently it was always something he said to his family he wanted at his funeral just for a laugh, it did raise everyones spirits.

God bless you D, RIP

That was certainly a pleasant surprise..
  • Options
    Raindrops keep falling on my head - because anyone buried in blighty is likely to suffer from this (I have a real dislike of cremation), and it is just a fantastic tune.

and

These are Days - 10'000 maniacs
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Wasted Years by Iron Maiden

or

Charmer - Kings of Leon

or

Bridge over troubled water or the Boxer by Simon and Garfunkle.

the Boxer always sends shivers down my spine...
  • Options
    Cannot stand all those 'funny' songs that people want.

When I peg it I want everyone to be feeling totally miserable and weeping like big puffs.

So you have to chuck in the weepy hymn 'Old Rugged Cross' in there and then probably followed by 'You'll Never Walk Alone' sung by Shirley Bassey, a real hairs on the back of your neck job that.
  • Options
    ah you beat me to it Falconwood... Old Rugged cross was going to be mine. Family Tradition.

"How great thou art" probably too is one of my favourite hymns and Amazing Grace.
  • Options
    Have decided that I am going to have 'Stayin Alive' by the Bee Gees in an attempt to lighten the mood...

My mate was wheeled behind the curtain to the theme from Star Wars which also raised a smile.