Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bonekickers

DA9DA9
edited July 2008 in Not Sports Related
Discuss....

Over egging the plot (bit like CSI, which I cant stand) and over explaining every line or detail, in a manner that no real person talks.
The main character, overdid her strong independent woman bit, and they kept repeating the line "Patently Ridiculous".

The "Dolly" character, reminded me of an Armstrong & Miller sketch.

Typical BBC, making the Christians into right wing nutters and the Muslims portrayed as peace loving luvvies who "just want to talk"

Indian Jones on a budget, but will watch it in the hope it gets better.

God, I'm bored.

Comments

• Options
    mate started to watch it and when i could see the BBc left wing script writers coming in i turned it off.
  • Options
    it just was too fast one minute its the hardest think to find in the world the next its in a book wizz bang found it with the help of some old farmer..tosh but something to watch and no baes like csi !! did like the Christian fundermentalist video.....thought bang on......yes the left hand was in action as ever..next week same story line but difearnt minority group to play up to
  • Options
    Goonhater, Snap! did exactly the same for the same reason.

DA9, Agreed.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Watched the pretty dire criminal justice last week.Where they kept dropping in lines such as "this is the best justice system in the world" and "if he's guilty,he'll get whats coming to him."

YEAH RIGHT.Where a rapist gets a four year sentence and is out in 2 and a law abiding family man gets life for protecting his family and property from a gun/knife weilding crack head who needs money for his next fix.
  • Options
    Bonekickers was written by the guys behind Life on Mars so did expect better...will give it the benefit of the doubt and watch again....
  • Options
    Hadn't heard of it until 5 mins ago when I saw a teaser on the Beeb's site. Despite going through various pages, the first of which was a 'history behind...' I still couldn't work out whether it was a documentary or fictional.

Looks like fiction but I lost patience and gave up...sounds like the programme itself isn't worth the effort anyway so thanks for starting this thread DA9!!
  • Options
    I intended to watch this because Ashley Pharoah's stuff is normally pretty good, I may try and catch it on iplayer and see if it was a bad as it sounds.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Bonekickers was written by the guys behind Life on Mars so did expect better...will give it the benefit of the doubt and watch again....

Surprised at that, loved Life On Mars, got the box set etc, but saying that, didn't enjoy Ashes To Ashes, did not watch the last episode, perhaps the writers have let Life On Mars success go to their head and dumbed down.
  • Options
    It got particularly bad reviews in all papers/magazines so I decided against watching it. Sounds like I made the right decision.
  • Options
    Didn't enjoy it - loved Life on Mars though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i liked the look of the programme from the trailers, as I got quite into waking the dead, but as soon as i saw it was called Bonekickers, i decided that was the worst name for a programme that wasn't for kids i'd ever heard and swerved it.

enjoyed ashes to ashes, although found it hilarious she was always in the same top throughout the whole series. didn' tknow that in the 80s people were skint and only had a limited wardrobe. she also annoyed the hell out of me, but I enjoyed the blokes and the storyline.
  • Options
    Bonekickers was Da Vinci code lite. And that was sh1te anyway...
  • Options
    Enjoyed the Da Vinci code, National Treasure book of secrets is also a good family film.
  • Options
    Suze she was in a dream world thingy, wearing the same top is acceptable surely?
  • Options
    Loved the fact that none of the blokes really noticed she was wearing the same top throughout - but all the ladies talked about nothing else lol

:o)
  • Options
    I thought her skirt was far to long.
  • Options
    Is it just me, or did the woman in this show once appear in an advert in the nineties? I've been racking my brain trying to think of it - but the only line I can remember is her holding up a set of keys and saying "The keys to Tony's flat". Am I going nuts or does anyone else remember it?
  • Options
    shes been in adverts recently too
  • Options
    Its some sorta anti aging cream ad. She says if she gets the process wrong will she get older. Looks hot in add.
  • Options
    the girl from ashes to ashes or bonekickers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ashes.
    Girl ? looks all woman to me. Tad thin tho.
  • Options
    yeah, its keeley hawes, she's been in loads of stuff.
  • Options
    Nope - Bonekickers. The Scottish lass.
  • Options
    Knew it

This isn't the ad I was on about, but its the same series of ads. At least I know I'm not going nuts.

Oh and, BTW, she's a candidate for the 'would you?' threads. And yes. Yes I would.
  • Options
    I thought it was slightly better last night (allowing last week for character establishment etc), but still cant get over the clear political bias from the BBC writers.

Next week we have Boadicea (sic) shagging Romans, weird.
  • Options
    Political bias from aunty Beeb ? surely some mistake.
  • Options
    I thought this weeks was a bit more measured, can't stand either of the leads though
  • Options
    Adrian Lester by far the best one in it, well miscast as a lacky in this.
  • Options
    Saw this by a TV critic today .
    "so far we have had.Slavery, black US presidental candidate,inter racial relationships, a lecture about the war in Iraq in first episode one and --- see if you can spot whats wrong with this picture a group of Christian terrorists executing innocent Muslims".

Now the Beeb is trying to say Bonekickers is fun and dosnttake itself seriously noooooooooooooooooooo you were sussed from the first ten mins of episode one.
  • Options
    I quite like it ...