Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling United 0 - 1 Charlton - Post match comments

2»

Comments

• Options
    Surprised anyone was still there with 10 minutes to go :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Why? Is that what is always said at friendlies?

It was said at the end of the Bromley game after which the announcer reminding fans that Bromley were playing Crystal Palace on Saturday who "are a division below Charlton".
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yeah and then someone must told him that we are both in the same division, because in a big loud voice he shouts "are they".

Get him down the Valley.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    He is quality. Like that all the time only the PA seems to be better now.

Where were you Shirty? Didn't see you.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Was on the halfway line behind the dugouts
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Why? Is that what is always said at friendlies?

It was said at the end of the Bromley game after which the announcer reminding fans that Bromley were playing Crystal Palace on Saturday who "are a division below Charlton".[/quote]

Atrocious - he needs sacking that bloke :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Has pace

An economical finisher

A good finisher

Not afraid of a smashing

Will get stuck in

Excellent work ethic

Not too sure what else we want from a centre forward at Charlton really.

Bang on Carter
  • Options
    thought Sinclair was pants. He can go, should free up £50 a week.
  • Options
    Didnt bother leaving the pub myself.
  • Options
    Was impressed with Hudson, looks a commanding figure, something we have lacked for a long while.

Never like to read too much into pre season especially as the current squad could be very different by the start of the season and the end of August.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My observations from the game

Weaver - Shocking kicking and didn't have much else to do

Sam Long - Bit off the pace and a bit lightweight. Understandable given his age and could be one for the future
    Youga - Energy, pace and lots of running. Looked good
    Hudson - Led well at the back
    Semedo - Not bad but lacks pace sometimes

Sam - Disappointing. Looks lively but doesn't have much end product
    Holland - Same old same old from Matty. Solid but slow
    Sinclair - I see he has potential but not sure it's at our level. Lower league beckons
    Rashid Yussuf - I like him a lot. Looks like a refugee from Somalia but he looks like he could be a bit tasty. Swapped wings with Lloyd Sam freely and then played in the middle. Had a large part to play in the goal and looks good with both feet. I expect him to be in the mixer for 1st team this year.

Varney - Love him. Energy, pace, aggression and he is one of those players that just wants to play football. He runs off and gets the ball to give it to the opponenets just to get on with the game. Won a few headers and looked lively. Nice goal too
    Fleetwood - The jury is out. Looks physically like Andy "low centre of gravity" Reid but is shorter. Pretty nippy and reasonable touch. However - had two one-v-ones and fluffed them both. Didn't looks exactly predatory and got a few nasty comments as a result.

Subs
    Shelvey - Created more opportunities and had more shots at goal in 25 mins that Sinclair and Holland combined in 75 mins. Tackled well, used the ball well and looks mature beyond his years.
    Dickson - He has been working furiously in the Gym I suspect. He has mutant calves and a bum like JFH. He looked very sharp but didn't get much of a look in on goal as he seemed to be loitering on the left
    Thomas - Nice footwork, bea\t his man a few times. Fluffed his crossing. Sounds familiar?
    Fortune - Slotted in at the back and looked himself. Managed a loss of concentration at one point but Hudson recovered it
    Wagstaff - Lightweight but very lively. Quick and looks assured on the ball.
    Racon - Couldn't see him from where I was.

This is my opinion only but thought I'd share what I saw