Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bent to Cardiff

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Fee agreed and medical to be completed Monday

Comments

• Options
    on sky sports news
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]Fee agreed and medical to be completed Monday

Thank f*ck for that. The sooner we get some cash and get rid of his wages the sooner we can buy a player who actually looks like he wants to play for us.
  • Options
    It says: "The striker who has scored over 100 goals in his career "

Are they counting at schoolboy level too! Suppose that's one way to polish a turd!
  • Options
    Looking at his wiki page it lists only 90 goals.
  • Options
    To think we once had two bent strikers now we have none
  • Options
    GloucAddick, just saw your name you freak :-) Love that film.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]GloucAddick, just saw your name you freak :-) Love that film.

Gabba gabba one of us one of us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Birmingham were in for Bent prior to them getting the steal of the season in Phillips
  • Options
    So, will it go through today ?

Anyone else got this fear he will fail his medical ??

Any rumours on the size of the fee ?
  • Options
    Dunno but I've taken the day off to drive him to his new employers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]So, will it go through today ?

various reports out of Wales suggest 1m
  • Options
    i predict an "undisclosed fee"
  • Options

You're normally the one in the know AFKA!

I hear £1m aswell - but if we got the same for Iwelumo I would be chuffed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

You're normally the one in the know AFKA!

I hear £1m aswell - but if we got the same for Iwelumo I would be chuffed

rumours of 900k for Iwelumo are way off the mark I reckon, 500k max imo
  • Options
    has he gone yet
    has he gone yet
  • Options
    He is due to sign today but £1M is highly unlikely, however even if it is £500k with his wages that is at least £1.5M out of the £5M black hole we have to fill before we can buy!
  • Options
    Is Bougy still around Kets?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bougy is travelling with the squad today to Spain, but is likely to be speaking to Betis rather than training with the players, the only thing stopping this one going through would be a failed medical now which will be a crying shame, the lack of genuine quality left in the squad is now a real concern for me, my expectations for the season are lowering by the day :-(
  • Options
    where did this 5m black hole suddenly appear from. My understanding was that we had to sell before we could buy but now it appears to be that we have to fill a 5m hole before we can buy. That is a completely different scenario.
  • Options
    What £5million hole ? FFS never herd anything about a debt that size at all. The emergancy shareholders AGM was to agree that shares etc could be raised to get rid of long term debt. It/they were. We also have the parashute money.

If we sell Bent and Big Chris i see on reason that Boogie goes and i would expect all the transfer money to go to Pards.

We will have to run with a far smaller squad, but thats the economics of this level. Plus side we should see the kids get a good run.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]
    We will have to run with a far smaller squad, but thats the economics of this level. Plus side we should see the kids get a good run.

Its not a bad thing either, Pards had too much choice last season and as a result we never had a settled team
  • Options
    I'm of the optimistic belief that this 'need for funds' has been overstated.

We all know we had to bring in some money, and reduce the size of the squad and wage bill. But there is no way you can put definative figures on it. Everything will depend on who leaves, how much we get for them, and what wages they were on.

We still, at present, have a very sizeable squad.
  • Options
    The £5M is the difference needed between Wages & Transfer fees. Staff have been cut (Robson) players are being sold McCarthy £650k + Wages, when you tally all that up particularly if Bent £500k + £1M wages & Bougherra £2.5M + Wages that is your £5M. Then there is possibly Illuwellumo going £500K + Wages

Selling & then using ALL the money to buy, your living in dream world, if that was the case I would not sell Bougherra our Best player when we are so light numbers wise in that area.
  • Options
    Looks like we are screwed then?????????
  • Options
    not forgetting the 2.5m from Reid sale/Gray purchase?
  • Options
    have we lost any more back room staff this season as well ?
  • Options
    My take.

I think the £5m was the shortfall from the £20m they needed to raise through the shares which was discussed at the AGM. This needs to be raised through player sales. Cuts in salary bills are in addition to this £5m as the budgets have been cut to ensure the same debt problems dont arise.