Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford on Tuesday

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Are we likely to know who hasn't gone to Spain and is likely to feature at Dartford tomorrow night ?

Will it be just youth team ?

Comments

• Options
    I think it'll just be youth - it's been advertised and i would have thought Pards would like everyone who he thinks will have a chance of the first team will be out in Spain for team building.

I'm going anywhos.
  • Options
    Just read on Dartford's website that it's ticket only, not pay on the gate.

bit of a bummer, especially as that's not been announced. Wonder if they'll turn away Charlton fans who didn't know it was all-ticket and turn up on the night?
  • Options
    Ticket only for a seson string Charlton side

Forget it

A few of the youngsters are off to Spain so there facebook say

So it could be real young and unwanted players or returners from injury
  • Options
    seems a bit daft though, if they are going to turn people away for not having tickets, yet there could be loads of space inside.

fancied a look at their new stadium, too, but probably won't go now.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    .It has been mentioned on here for the past few weeks that the game is all ticket. Poor show that it's not mentioned on the OS, that the game is all ticket.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    So it could be real young and unwanted players or returners from injury

So is Amdy Faye expected to play?
  • Options
    I think I'll stay in the pub
  • Options
    Just been to get my tickets and they reckon there is still a couple of thousand left.

Officially it is still 'All Ticket', but I was told that they will be available to buy from the DFC club shop right up to kick off.
  • Options
    Faye is not good enough to even make that side

He is in training as the person to wear the Harvey costume on match day and at half time help behind teh jump so we dont have to wait so long for a pint
  • Options
    found this on the OS

Tickets, priced £10 adults, £5 concessions and 14-17 year olds, and £1 U14s, will be on sale on the night, but only from the Dartford FC club shop after 5pm (not at the turnstiles).

Still not going though LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone going?
  • Options
    I am.
  • Options
    A few in the Ivy before hand
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]A few in the Ivy before hand
    Whats it like in there now?

My mum used to work in there years ago when Leigh and Andy(?) used to own it with Viv working in the kitchen but she stopped soon after when my ex girlfriend's dad took over (not for that reason!).
  • Options
    I'm getting to Dartford station for about 7, so will head straight to the ground
  • Options
    The Ivy's ok,i've only been in there a handful of times but it seems alright
  • Options
    I am tempted to head back to my old stomping ground - but It's 130 mile round trip to watch the youth team.......I don't think even I am that hardcore
  • Options
    I'll be there, just not sure yet where I'll be stopping off before hand.
  • Options
    I noticed on the Dartford OS that they say that Charlton had promised first team faces in the squad for tonight.

Our OS has the squad or tonight as;

Christie, Long, Clark, Sinfield, Jensen, O'Shea, Lozano-Calderon, Godfrey, Mambo, Davisson, Pell, Bellamy, Perkins, Tuna.

Not exactly flushed with first team faces and although we all know why, I wonder if the natives at Princess Park might get the hump as a result.
  • Options
    Charlton squad: Christie, Long, Clark, Sinfield, Jensen, O'Shea, Lozano-Calderon, Godfrey, Mambo, Davisson, Pell, Bellamy, Perkins, Tuna.

can't see Dartford would have made it all ticket if they had known our squad. Expect they'll now let you pay on the gate. Shame for them though, sold over 1000 in advance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]I noticed on the Dartford OS that they say that Charlton had promised first team faces in the squad for tonight.

Our OS has the squad or tonight as;

Christie, Long, Clark, Sinfield, Jensen, O'Shea, Lozano-Calderon, Godfrey, Mambo, Davisson, Pell, Bellamy, Perkins, Tuna.

Not exactly flushed with first team faces and although we all know why, I wonder if the natives at Princess Park might get the hump as a result.
    I think they would have every right to to be honest.

I'm a little annoyed but as its only a 5 minute walk I don't really mind.

That is definately not a reserve side in my opinion. The highlight will be Mark Kinsella.
  • Options
    Is Mambo no.5?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Is Mambo no.5?

If he was an elephant, we could call him Mumbo Jumbo

;o)
  • Options
    who needs names, i doubt they'll get a bigger catch in Dartford than Tuna....
  • Options
    The new Mark Fish ......?

;o)
  • Options
    so, any reports from those who went ????
  • Options
    Believe it or not, match report on the OS. Henry will be pleased!

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Believe it or not, match report on the OS. Henry will be pleased!

;o)

Henry will not be surprised to see that the OS is doing it's job well as per normal but no doubt that and the Bilbao/Iran/Rochdale examples will be ignored the next time a shout of "why does the club tell us nothing?" or "the OS is shite" goes up. ; - (
  • Options
    nice ground............good bars........and some old faces up there.....the game watched first half and last 5 mins.........no one stood out and the football was well nothing special............our keeper we where sure was infact a jockey......but a wins a win..........must say very pleasent on the balcony sipping lager and looking over the Downs..........
  • Options
    The only name I recognised was Steve Bennett.

Other than that our whole team was 17 or under and equipped themselves very very well.

Dartford played a team in each half whereas we kept the same team apart from the customary 3/4 subsititues and coped.

Great goal to win it in the last minute and i thought the right back and right winger looked very good (if a little lightweight).

There was a big lump of a number 8 who i initially thought was Faye but he was everywhere and looked decent even though a bit erratic at times. The Jensen guy looked quick and pacy like all the forwards.

Thought the centre back captain looked good and all of the lads look really together and done well against a group who are much older and bigger than them.