Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bent to Birmingham

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Bent to Brum

Just go please!

In addition wouldn't be shocked if Martin Taylor was part of this deal, but that's merely opinion.

Comments

• Options
    I've been worried all day, had a fear he wouldn't go

lets hope he decides to join birmingham 2moz
  • Options
    "Bent was expected in Cardiff today for a medical but never arrived"

That tells you all you need to know about the man - absolutely no class.
  • Options
    please don't let them both fall through

after the elation of Big Chris going, if this fell through I'll be gutted!
  • Options
    It also serves to vindicate the club's policy not to announce transfers until they're done deals - even if that means tears from people on here and other such forums.

How much of a twat would Risdale look if Bent doen't sign now? Ok, I know it's relative, so let me rephrase that: how much MORE of a twat would Risdale look???
  • Options
    like that will ever stop people moaning on here on any other site about being kept in the dark

can't see the Club ever loosing slep over it & quite right too

i just want him to go..........couldn't give a monkeys who too

:-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]It also serves to vindicate the club's policy not to announce transfers until they're done deals - even if that means tears from people on here and other such forums.

How much of a twat would Risdale look if Bent doen't sign now? Ok, I know it's relative, so let me rephrase that: how much MORE of a twat would Risdale look???
    A bit like Warnock on BBC radio London this morning saying they were signing Iwelumo!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]It also serves to vindicate the club's policy not to announce transfers until they're done deals - even if that means tears from people on here and other such forums.

How much of a twat would Risdale look if Bent doen't sign now? Ok, I know it's relative, so let me rephrase that: how much MORE of a twat would Risdale look???[/quote]
    A bit like Warnock on BBC radio London this morning saying they were signing Iwelumo![/quote]

Really now thats funny
  • Options
    Cardiff have withdrawn their offer so lets pray all goes well with Brum!
  • Options
    He may not be many people's cup of tea, but him and Kevin Phillips could be the best forward partnership in the division.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]It also serves to vindicate the club's policy not to announce transfers until they're done deals - even if that means tears from people on here and other such forums.

Until the next time some news about selling a player or a friendly game isn't released by the club at the first hint of gossip somewhere else.

Then the usual "why does the club tells us nothing?" moans will return. It's the law.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed
  • Options
    with Cardiff now withdrawing their offer, quite rightly in my opinion, the way is clear for Brum to negotiate a lesser fee so though we all may laugh about it we could be shafted at a time when we least need it.
  • Options
    I would think if we allow MB to talk to Brum we must have agreed a fee that is better or matches the taffs.
  • Options
    Either that or someone on the Cardiff or Charlton board realised that there would be more chance of shit dropping out from a rocking horses arse than the full fee ever making it from Cardiff to SE7.

Phillips & Bent as a partnership, on paper league title winning. In reality a combined age of 75 and more creaks than my stairs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]I would think if we allow MB to talk to Brum we must have agreed a fee that is better or matches the taffs.

yes, but we don't know IF we have agreed a fee or not or whether we have given permission for talks or not. Bent asked if he could talk to them which is something entirely different. He may agree terms but if we can't agree a fee he has burnt his bridges at Cardiff and so we may be lumbered.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Every silver lining, eh Large?
    ;o)
  • Options
    Well as far as I'm concerned this just about sums up this classless, no mark, numpty pr*ck. After taking the clubs money and producing nothing, he now prolongs the agony in this way. I just hope that one day he gets his just deserts.
  • Options
    Some peeps on Addickted reckon SSN is saying the Brum deal is now off as well...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Some peeps on Addickted reckon SSN is saying the Brum deal is now off as well...

Please, no...
  • Options
    now that would be funny if we weren't so desperate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    would be funny if Bent had to go back to Cardiff cap in hand begging forgiveness and pleading undying loyalty to the Welsh Dragon. He could blame his agent who told him Birmingham were Cardiff and he thought it was true as they both play in blue.
  • Options
    I'll be seriously pissed if this doesn't go through

And the best bit.......he has been paid £5k in the last day for acting like a twat
  • Options
    BIRMINGHAM City chief David Sullivan revealed: “We expect Marcus Bent to become a Birmingham City player within the next 24 hours.

“We have for the past few weeks been in talks with the player, his agent and Charlton and we are hoping he will come to us at this moment in time.”
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2008/07/15/birmingham-boss-o-sullivan-explains-bent-capture-91466-21341829/
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Charlton had agreed a transfer worth £1m for Bent – £500,000 up front plus add-ons.

Peter Risdale said, “We have been let down and not by Charlton Athletic, who did everything right and are a club I have major respect for.” said Ridsdale.

But Ridsdale turned his anger on Bent and his agent.

“You don’t expect people to as good as look you in the face, give every indication everything is fine and then say no,” said Ridsdale.

“At 10pm on Sunday evening I rang to check and everything was fine.

“I asked whether there was any risk that it could change and we were assured Marcus Bent was delighted with the move.

“The deal was done and the player was due in Cardiff for his medical to start (yesterday afternoon). At around 1pm I was contacted and told he wasn’t going to be at the medical.

“I have spoken to Marcus and he says a move to the Midlands suits him better. Why didn’t he tell us that before?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2008/07/15/city-chief-admits-heat-is-on-91466-21341832/
  • Options
    I'll say it for you Peter:

"Marcus Bent is a c*nt"
  • Options
    "Yet it seems Sullivan has got the last laugh after their 11th hour bid to hijack the Bluebirds’ Bent deal."

Somehow I suspect it will be Cardiff who are laughing come Christmas, and thanking their lucky stars they aren't lumbered with that donkey. He'll score no more than 8 goals next year.
  • Options
    Isn't this what we did to Pompey with Hermann and Matty when we signed them from Ipswich?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]"Yet it seems Sullivan has got the last laugh after their 11th hour bid to hijack the Bluebirds’ Bent deal."

Somehow I suspect it will be Cardiff who are laughing come Christmas, and thanking their lucky stars they aren't lumbered with that donkey. He'll score no more than 8 goals next year.

I'd bet good money that you're wrong......

A tosser he may be but he will certainly score goals in this division imo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]"He'll score no more than 8 goals next year.

he'll get half of that amount against us.

imo he'll get around the 20 goal mark this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]he will certainly score goals in this division imo.
    agreed - Bent and Phillips could easily fire them to the title this year