Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Enjoy Jonjo while we have him

I believe in Jonjo we have the real deal,but I fear as fans we have one season to enjoy him a bit like Bowyer.Make no mistake if Jonjo has the impact I believe he will,he will be on the way next summer.This is not a dig in the slightest at Jonjo because i do believe he is enjoying himself at the club.Look at what happened to Aaron Ramsey at Cardiff and Walcock at Saints.If the big boys see him performing at a high level in the championship you can bet your bottom dollar a bid in the region of 5 million will follow and that my friends is the kind of figure we as a club will not be able to turn down.

Comments

• Options
    Unless we go up Steve
  • Options
    yep unless we go up but I really dont see it,and thats not me be a pessimistic old git.
  • Options
    I think the real jewel in the the crown is Dickson. This fella knows where the goal is!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]yep unless we go up but I really dont see it,and thats not me be a pessimistic old git.

Are u sure steve LOL

You could be right about Shelvey - depends on his improvement next season.His family, especially his dad, seem to be very sensible so they might advise to him to see out this season.
  • Options
    I'm sure, come February, he'll be offered something along the lines of a 4.5yr contract with various opportunities to re-negotiate as we go. I think we'll keep hold of him untill summer 2010 (unless we're in serious financial shit next summer)
  • Options
    jon jo is the nutts and will be part of a promotion winning team i am steves alter ego
  • Options
    I really hope we can hold on to him long enought to make a significant contribution.

The biggest problem we have as a club is holding on to good players.
  • Options
    Its always been a problem holding onto good players
  • Options
    We've held onto plenty of bad ones though ;-)
  • Options
    Chicago. enlighten me on the bad ones. Ralph Milne is excluded!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fug me - some of you have sold the lad off already!
  • Options
    I'm just being realistic from a financial point of view. Of course I don't want to lose the lad, but money talks... :o(
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    In the end, it wouldn't matter which division we're in - if a player shines and a 'big' club comes in for them, then the chances are that they will leave sooner or later.

Either the player will want to go (eg Parker when we were riding high in the Premiership), the financial situation will dictate that we can't afford to keep them, or it will be too good an offer for both the player and the club.

It's the way of the world - as even Man Utd are finding out! - and all we can do at the moment is hope that he starts to fulfil his promise this year and helps us into the top two.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]We've held onto plenty of bad ones though ;-)[/quote]

marcus bent, he's like shit on your shoe, a bugger to get rid of
  • Options
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Around 70% of those that shine at 16 never go on to meet their potential. JJ has a very long road ahead of him, and anything can happen along the way.
  • Options
    From what I have heard, and uncle on here has backed it up, Jonjo and his family love it at Charlton and are settled.

Don't expect him to leg-it as soon as he gets the chance
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]From what I have heard, and uncle on here has backed it up, Jonjo and his family love it at Charlton and are settled.

only when he realises we are doomed!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Too much Hype being put on a schoolboys shoulders if you ask me, how many first team games has he played? I for one hope he does fulfill his potential, but my guess is he will have his work cut out in our midfield this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: smokin ice[/cite]I think the real jewel in the the crown is Dickson. This fella knows where the goal is!

He excites me to be honest, in a purely hetro football kind of way you understand, very raw, very hungry and Ian Wright'esk.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: smokin ice[/cite]I think the real jewel in the the crown is Dickson. This fella knows where the goal is![/quote]

You obviously wern't at Vicarage Road last season!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As I said yesterday - some Gills fans hated him but the facts don't lie - he was their top scorer and only played half a season

He looks bang up for it this season from what I saw against Welling - and by christ has he been working out!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]From what I have heard, and uncle on here has backed it up, Jonjo and his family love it at Charlton and are settled.

What i said at the beginning is if we get a offer of £5 mill he will be gone I didn't say he would jump ship.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Too much Hype being put on a schoolboys shoulders if you ask me, how many first team games has he played? I for one hope he does fulfill his potential, but my guess is he will have his work cut out in our midfield this season.

Spot on. If we are really pining our hopes of promotion on an untested 16 year old then we really are screwed.

He got bags of potential but at the moment that is all it is. Lets see how he gets on after a few games of carrying captain deadwood in the middle of the park.
  • Options
    blimey this is a grim thread, lets be gloomy if and when it happens and not before.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    Lets see how he gets on after a few games of carrying captain deadwood in the middle of the park.

Yeah, player of the year "Captain Deadwood" - you fool!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    Lets see how he gets on after a few games of carrying captain deadwood in the middle of the park.

Yeah, player of the year "Captain Deadwood" - you fool!

Don't agree that he a) was our best player last seaon or b) is good enough for us this season.

So lets agree to disagree without resorting to childish name calling eh?
  • Options
    I don't remember saying that he was our "best" player last year or that he was necesarily "good enough" for us this season, particularly if we are looking to improve on last time out. However, he WAS player of the year and clearly has a lot to offer our youngsters in terms of passing on his experience and professionalism, etc.

He's never been my favourite, far from it, but I really appreciated and respected the way he conducted himself last season. A model pro, and worth far more than your "Captain Deadwood" tag. Shame on you.

As for the "childish name calling", the hypocritical nature of that comment following your own particular labelling of Mr Holland really doesn't warrant a serious response - so, my old man's a mushroom!!!

PS. Change the name eh? Lisbie's long gone so you'll just have to find someone else to pillory now!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Have to agree about Holland not being all that, but think the thread originator needs to lighten up a bit, I thought I was a miserable sod till I read this..

:D
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I don't remember saying that he was our "best" player last year or that he was necesarily "good enough" for us this season, particularly if we are looking to improve on last time out. However, he WAS player of the year and clearly has a lot to offer our youngsters in terms of passing on his experience and professionalism, etc.

He's never been my favourite, far from it, but I really appreciated and respected the way he conducted himself last season. A model pro, and worth far more than your "Captain Deadwood" tag. Shame on you.

As for the "childish name calling", the hypocritical nature of that comment following your own particular labelling of Mr Holland really doesn't warrant a serious response - so, my old man's a mushroom!!!

PS. Change the name eh? Lisbie's long gone so you'll just have to find someone else to pillory now!

You are of course correct and it was childish of me to refer to Mr Holland as "Captain Deadwood" I therefore retract the Captain Deadwood comment in it's entirety in favour of "Lets see how he gets on after a few games of carrying the extremely ineffective Matt Holland in the middle of the Park"

Better?

Quite like Barn Door Lisbie so will stick with it till I think of something better, assuming that's alright with you of course?
  • Options
    Ahem, sorry to interrupt. I thought that our esteemed leader was more popularly known as "Captain Cleanshorts", which seems quite appropriate.