Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton away Latest Ticket info

TELTEL
edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Just rang to book my tickets for Brighton and the club tells me we have now sold over 800 tickets. Getting to book a hotel was a nightmare.....used Lastminute.com in the end and had to settle for the Royal Albion....by the reviews a bit of a dive...but its only one night!

Comments

• Options
    great news looks liek we will sell out

Looking forward to this one
  • Options
    Just need to sort out the best pub now
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Tel - i am staying in the Royal Albion too matey, stayed there a few years back and seemed to remember it was a bit posh!! may have changed now though
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Just need to sort out the best pub now[/quote]

Yep

Any Suggestions ?

were are all 900 of us meeting LOL
  • Options
    Cant wait. Anyone know if there are any pubs near the ground?
  • Options
    yes come on sort out a pub.

we are staying at a "gay friendly" upmarket B&B!
    tavern will feel right at home.
  • Options
    Myself and NorthStandUltra are going to this one too - but thankfully he lives on the Brighton line so it's easy for us to get back.....

:o)
  • Options
    i have heared that the Preston Brewery Tap - near the ground (peston park station) is good and a good size if we are to meet near the ground alternatively loads to chose from in the town.
  • Options
    think feeling is meet in town to drink and then to game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]yes come on sort out a pub.

we are staying at a "gay friendly" upmarket B&B!
    tavern will feel right at home.

Wouldnt be surprised to see tavern miss the game!!!!! Better things to do etc.

I'm staying at The Grand, it cost a bomb.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably the largest pub if there are loads of people is the Font in the lanes, not that great in there though, there are of course the usual 'favourites' of Walkabout and Spoons but would advise against those
  • Options
    I've heard the Blue Oyster is nice, plenty of friendly gentlemen! Or so Chunes tells me anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]

Terrible bad taste joke. Surprised you haven't had GH ranting at you. :- )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

I thought it may be a tad bad taste but it was a long while ago now.
  • Options

Maybe so, but there are still people alive who were maimed or disabled by that bomb, no matter how long ago it was.
  • Options

GH and Fishnets are still going on about the Battle of the Boyne and that was back in the middle ages
  • Options
    Best pubs for real ale are all close to the train station, but mostly quite small: The Evening Star, The Lord Nelson, The Battle of Trafalgar, The Basketmakers Arms and The Prince Albert.
    Big pubs for cheap lager drinking hoodlums are mostly on West Street (Yates, Wetherspoons, Walkabout) with a couple (The Font, The King & Queen) elsewhere.
    There are a few pubs near the ground (The Station, The Sportsman, Preston Brewery Tap, The Crown & Anchor) but they get very busy. In that area the Park View - about three quarters of a mile from ground - is probably the best bet, but it's quite hard to find.
    It's only 4 mins by train or 15 mins by taxi from the main station, so that's probably the best bet.
    There are around 300 pubs in Brighton and I've drunk in at least 250 of them, including ALL the central ones (about 30 of which are owned or managed by mates of mine), so tell me what yer after and I can make a suggestion.
  • Options
    I've been in the King & Queen, enormous pub.
  • Options
    Isn't there a big gay pride thing happening in Brighton that day?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Isn't there a big gay pride thing happening in Brighton that day?

Yep, its that weekend, for the braver amongst you, you could always try the Charles Street Bar opposite the pier, some very strange sights in there, or for a cheap and cheerful club the Funky Fish just up the road (straight club)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Isn't there a big gay pride thing happening in Brighton that day?[/quote]

No. Gay Pride is the following Saturday. Officially the Saturday of our game is the first day of 'Pride Week', but that's just a marketing wheeze to try (and fail) to trick gay Londoners into coming down for the whole week spending their money, it's really just the following Friday-Sunday stuff is on. Brighton wouldn't be allowed to play a home game on the day of the Pride event anyway as the venue is a park right by their ground which attracts a crowd of 50,000 so having football on at the same time (using the same little train station) would be chaos.
  • Options
    Da9 i thing a few off here may be visiting the caravans opposite the King and Queen.
  • Options
    king and Queen always goor choice as hug dark and always good laugh....except wehn blind drunk trying to get out....or the kensington if still going.....sure we will end up all in and around same boozer....going egt there at 9.30 for full english...then tea and papers on the pier.....or cafe on lower sea road opposite min railway....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Da9 i thing a few off here may be visiting the caravans opposite the King and Queen.

LOL... I was never confused.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]king and Queen always goor choice as hug dark and always good laugh....except wehn blind drunk trying to get out....or the kensington if still going.....sure we will end up all in and around same boozer....going egt there at 9.30 for full english...then tea and papers on the pier.....or cafe on lower sea road opposite min railway....

Cafe opposite the station about 11:30, biggest plate of food I have seen in a cafe, and then a stroll down the hill pub by pub, culminating near the walkabout, and me & GH will see if we can stay in there this time!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Da9 i thing a few off here may be visiting the caravans opposite the King and Queen.[/quote]

Those caravans are in Manchester now. They only do five weeks in Brighton. Just long enough to kill that patch of grass for the entire summer. *not a fan*
  • Options
    im always confused but not about the pink pound.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Da9 i thing a few off here may be visiting the caravans opposite the King and Queen.

Those caravans are in Manchester now. They only do five weeks in Brighton. Just long enough to kill that patch of grass for the entire summer. *not a fan*

How do you know they are in Manchester....are you following the tour?

:-)
  • Options
    the HaHa bar is very pleasant we found.
  • Options
    Floydandharvey is ur stage name doris ? was u in the show ? our mate Big Rob wants ur phone number.