Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton away Latest Ticket info

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I've heard the Blue Oyster is nice, plenty of friendly gentlemen! Or so Chunes tells me anyway.

Nah, can't go in there, I'm barred. Missed the sign on the wall that said 'no watersports'.

Is there a charltonlife pub meet-up being organised for this game? I still have my house there til the 3rd August so was thinking about organising an after-pub/club party if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]i have heared that the Preston Brewery Tap - near the ground (peston park station) is good and a good size if we are to meet near the ground alternatively loads to chose from in the town.

That sounds like a plan GHE. the lanes etc can be done after the game when we have all night. It says its a mile south of the ground tho? Can we walk that far after ale?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]i have heared that the Preston Brewery Tap - near the ground (peston park station) is good and a good size if we are to meet near the ground alternatively loads to chose from in the town.

That sounds like a plan GHE. the lanes etc can be done after the game when we have all night. It says its a mile south of the ground tho? Can we walk that far after ale?

Font & Firkin in the Lanes, quite a big pub.
  • Options
    WalkAbout is a bigish boozer.

Mind you i think if the Aussie Manageress saw us walk back in she would have a Koala.
  • Options
    But im talking about meeting before the game somehwere nearer the ground. So GHE sounds like a good idea.
  • Options
    gh maybe you could wear a cunning disguise
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]But im talking about meeting before the game somehwere nearer the ground. So GHE sounds like a good idea.

Exactly we then have all night for the lanes etc
  • Options
    At least you and me know what we're talking about GHE.
  • Options
    my cousin lives just round the corner from the Withdean, we're not seeing eye-to-eye at the moment, maybe I'll give you all his address .........
  • Options
    are relations that poor that you couldnt get a pub recommendation close to the ground?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

How do you know they are in Manchester....are you following the tour?

:-)[/quote]

Nope. I can honestly say I can't think of anything I'd less like to see - not through transgenderophobia (I've lived in Brighton for 15 years and consequently about half of mates are either gay, lesbian or transgender) but just because the idea of paying £20 to watch what is nothing more than glorified karaoke strikes me as totally retarded.

As for following the tour, well, I work next door to the King & Queen four days a week and in Manchester one day a week, consequently I couldn't help but notice they had moved and where to! I write to the council every year begging them not to invite them back to Brighton (as they kill all the grass for the whole summer) but I guess they must give the council so much money to use the space anyway, they don't care what damage it does to one of the few green spaces in the centre of town :( Makes me right angry it does.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]are relations that poor that you couldnt get a pub recommendation close to the ground?

that would mean talking to him, so no !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

Looks like it's only 3 or 4 hundred yards from Preston Park station so not too bad.
  • Options
    Just got my three tickets.

Can't be many left now.

Really looking forward to Saturday. Should be a top day out with plenty of Addicks around and about.